Is Clement getting an easy ride?

2 hours ago, LaaRFC said:

Think it was a daft decision sending Cortes out for the 2nd half. Clements constantly talking about improving things regarding injuries. He’s spoken about how the likes of Danillo and Cortes coming back from long term injuries will need to be handled carefully then sends out Cortes despite him looking in pain at the end of the half. 

I guess I hope his reluctance to sub him at half time was down to knowing that the man replacing him is complete dog shite, but it just seemed to go against what he’s been saying. 

Danillo needs minutes to build up his sharpness.  Today he got none. We've spent a few million on a forward not considered an option for fuck knows what reason.

Fucking mental.

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s because we have imbeciles in charge making the decisions.

Gravy veins showed what was needed up here, high intensity, ultra attacking, pressing football - basically smothering jobber teams.

Clement thinks we need two sitting midfielders against SPL shite. 

I’ll fucking rejoice when we get a manager that drops this tactic btw. When’s the last time we didn’t consistently play 2 sitting midfielders against the dross in this league? 

16 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I absolutely despise moley face but my brother messaged a pic earlier that suggests he now has a better record than Clement (PPG), pretty sobering on Clement’s performance. 

Think it’s 1 win in last 5 competitive games.

16 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I absolutely despise moley face but my brother messaged a pic earlier that suggests he now has a better record than Clement (PPG), pretty sobering on Clement’s performance. 

Helps when he had fuck all to play for for 6 months.

25 minutes ago, Ambrogio said:

Scunnered with him tbh and starting to resent him . Maybe im being over the top due to todays result but i just cannot see any improvements from last season .

And you won't. 10/11 that started today bottled the league last season.  

We've done nothing through the summer to expect anything different.

54 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

His comments pre match about how we will look better come October / November are alarming for me. The season starts in August. Have us in better shape for the season starting. 

His interviews are shocking. Can’t stand listening to him speak just now. 

Are there any leagues in the known world where you’re allowed that much breathing space to get up to speed?

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Am I dreaming this or did Koppen talk about looking to prioritise high technical quality and athleticism?

For what? You don’t need high technical quality to play Clement’s brand of football and it doesn’t seem to be what he prioritises in what he looks for in a player.

I’m genuinely stunned that after a pre-season with the players this is how he wants us to play.

Man you've been on at him before he was appointed. Fine but I don't think he is as bad as we all seem to think. I know this is not normal but I hope given time he can show his style or whatever and give us a fucking chance. I had hopes of of us winning in march, it went to shit, blame the players, blame the manager but it happened.

31 minutes ago, King Jela said:

And you won't. 10/11 that started today bottled the league last season.  

We've done nothing through the summer to expect anything different.

Bullseye . Mind boggling what’s going on behind the scenes , how the fuck are the board watching these games / the players on the park and think we are going to get anywhere ? 

6 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Man you've been on at him before he was appointed. Fine but I don't think he is as bad as we all seem to think. I know this is not normal but I hope given time he can show his style or whatever and give us a fucking chance. I had hopes of of us winning in march, it went to shit, blame the players, blame the manager but it happened.

Hes been here since October last year and I still don’t have a clue if he has a style . Theres not even any hint of a certain way he’s trying to play . I could understand if you could see what he was trying to implement but there’s fuck all .

3 minutes ago, beechwood bear said:

Get rid ASAP,  Nothing coming good with him. 

Get rid when the ink isn't even dry yet on his new contract? Never going to happen.

We're just going to have to hope for the best and that we're still within touching distance of top spot come October when Clement says the team will be ready :sarcasm:.

Seriously I have my doubts like most people as we can only judge him on the product we're seeing on the park but we absolutely cannot keep changing managers most seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Ambrogio said:

Hes been here since October last year and I still don’t have a clue if he has a style . Theres not even any hint of a certain way he’s trying to play . I could understand if you could see what he was trying to implement but there’s fuck all .

I get that. And sadly I can see that. However if this is a 2 -3 process I hope we have patience. Fuck sake when I was young one of the unique things about our football club was the number of managers we have had. ( I.e not many )

4 minutes ago, JograBear said:

Its criminal we could have a front 3 of Wright, Matondo and Dessers.

That's not our first choice front 3 to be fair. Cortes and Cerny will be first picks if fit and once Cerny has been here more than a week. 

I have watched Rangers for 50 years and always with a half glass full, but this current team and its system push my optimism to a full glass.

Clement refuses to change the system when it clearly isn't working.

I'm one of the few who doesn't mind Lawrence, but he has limitations in that role and therefore, I would ditch the # 10.

Based on the players we have, I would play a 4-4-2, but that gets laughed upon in the modern game and seen as old-fashioned.

Danilo, Dessers up top for me.

24 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Not true - I think I wanted him out of the options we had but tbh I can’t remember what I said on here. 

What I saw quite early on was a really basic poor on the eye way of playing that I hoped was just him being pragmatic, and once we had less games every 2-3 days and more time on the training pitch we’d see an improvement.

But we haven’t.

His tactics are chronic.and rely on individuals digging us out of a hole rather than the team being better than the sum of its parts.

He’s also improved virtually none of the players, if anything a massive chunk of them have regressed.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I have watched Rangers for 50 years and always with a half glass full, but this current team and its system push my optimism to a full glass.

Clement refuses to change the system when it clearly isn't working.

I'm one of the few who doesn't mind Lawrence, but he has limitations in that role and therefore, I would ditch the # 10.

Based on the players we have, I would play a 4-4-2, but that gets laughed upon in the modern game and seen as old-fashioned.

Danilo, Dessers up top for me.

If we continue to play with that shite style of play, then it doesn't matter who we sign. The system is shite, and I would have never extended his contract.