Is Clement getting an easy ride?

58 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This sums us up.

Doesn’t matter if playing Motherwell, Ross County, Dundee, Them, Man U reserves - we are far too easy to play against.

A complete mess.

It's amateur level. Half our team taken out whilst the other half are now running back to their own goal. And all from a GK's pass.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I thought Barron was too deep and Diomande was too far away from him at points on Saturday.

Both are inexperienced. We need an experienced midfielder in there. Been saying it for a long time now. But we seemingly don’t have any money for one.

We do need experience. But if we don't get it then we go with those 2 and work out a way to protect the centre midfield area better. Not having the cam Lawrence sttting off Dessers and leaving a huge hole behind him might be a good idea!  What we can't do is let teams identify our weakness is the bus lane down the middle of the park whilst we do nothing to fix it.  Of course the budget, lack of outgoings etc is miles from ideal.  But Clements job is to win games and he needs to find a different way of doing it. There will be ways.

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We got overrun in midfield last season by the scum, Clement got criticised. By the SC final even though we lost, he didn't really get criticised because we played better and stopped them dominating midfield in particular as they had done previously.

It's preseason and Barron and Diamonde are a new pairing so there's allowances from me for the above. But if the above continues into the season, or we revert and don't compete properly with celtics midfield then imo Clement will deserve criticism. As he will if we lose to clubs on fractions of our budget.

For some this criticism shouldn't be directed at the manager. I can't get my head round a year's free pass if the basics aren't being achieved, mistakes are repeated by him etc. 

that’s not players, that’s the set up.

Fuck knows what the two walking footballers (Dessers and Lawrence) are actually doing. Dio then follows the 6 and Barron is then caught between the other two midfielders.

Absolutely no idea why when out of possession we got 4-4-2.

15 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Fuck knows what the two walking footballers (Dessers and Lawrence) are actually doing. Dio then follows the 6 and Barron is then caught between the other two midfielders.

Been making a comeback as a defensive set up for a little while now. Quite common actually.

1 hour ago, Camshy said:

First off I obviously hope Clement does well amd is woth us for some time, that would mean he is successful.

Iam a Rangers fan and the club is what I care about it so I have to be brutally honest and say there have been aspects early on which personally I don't like to see from our manager and how he portrays himself in the media during a defeat, especially after a high pressure game........this is a reflection on him and a decent indicator of how he projects that onto players imo.

Do I think he will be a success, sadly no I dont and can't see him bring here after this season.....unless we actually have a few signings of good pedigree.

He needs to watch with the morale victory and we were the better team in a loss pish 

18 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Been making a comeback as a defensive set up for a little while now. Quite common actually.

There’s 40 yards between Lawrence and Barron. 20 yards between Barron and the defence.

It’s a half arsed attempt and not a single player looks like they know what they are supposed to be doing.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s 40 yards between Lawrence and Barron. 20 yards between Barron and the defence.

It’s a half arsed attempt and not a single player looks like they know what they are supposed to be doing.

Oh yeah, we unquestionably do it badly :lol:

We really need an experienced centre midfielder to come in. The reason we have interest in McLean becomes clearer every time we play IMO.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Oh yeah, we unquestionably do it badly :lol:

We really need an experienced centre midfielder to come in. The reason we have interest in McLean becomes clearer every time we play IMO.

Definitely but the defence should basically be where Barron is and Barron then further up to help with the press.

The Man U player receives the ball and has 30 yards to move into.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yeah mentioned that set up failing in another post. 👍

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We do need experience. But if we don't get it then we go with those 2 and work out a way to protect the centre midfield area better. Not having the cam Lawrence sttting off Dessers and leaving a huge hole behind him might be a good idea!  What we can't do is let teams identify our weakness is the bus lane down the middle of the park whilst we do nothing to fix it.  Of course the budget, lack of outgoings etc is miles from ideal.  But Clements job is to win games and he needs to find a different way of doing it. There will be ways.

30 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

The crux of our problems is not being able to shift overpaid deadwood.

5 players have left without their contracts being renewed, all deadwood all on decent money

Strong rumours about Tav and  Goldson moving both on decent money. 

There’s a couple more to go. 
7 players all decent wages, all not good enough. 

where’s the problem?

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

5 players have left without their contracts being renewed, all deadwood all on decent money

where’s the problem?

That’s all fine and well but we still have Lawrence, Dessers, Matondo, Davies, Lammers all under contract and probably taking a combined £130,000 a week out of the club between them, while offering next to no value for money on the park.

27 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That’s all fine and well but we still have Lawrence, Dessers, Matondo, Davies, Lammers all under contract and probably taking a combined £130,000 a week out of the club between them, while offering next to no value for money on the park.

We were never going to be able to move everyone on in one window. I think we’ve done alright so far with moving players on. 

Dessers is a huge one for me though. He needs to fuck off 

24 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Add in Dowell, Hagi, Raskin, Wright even McCausland for possibly another 60k plus.

Then there's others who contribute nothing and look unlikely to do anything but see out their contracts in King, Lowry, Lovelace.

Letting the OOC players go was easy, getting rid of any of those from our 2 lists plus Tav & Goldson is where Koppen needs to deliver.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Add in Dowell, Hagi, Raskin, Wright even McCausland for possibly another 60k plus.

Then there's others who contribute nothing and look unlikely to do anything but see out their contracts in King, Lowry, Lovelace.

Letting the OOC players go was easy, getting rid of any of those from our 2 lists plus Tav & Goldson is where Koppen needs to deliver.

That’s just about every first squad player. 😂 

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

where’s the problem?

There still deadwood and Tav and Goldson are still here.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

That’s just about every first squad player. 😂 

😂

I'm not expecting them all to leave. But we're a chunk into the window and none have been sold or loaned out. The only ones Koppen has moved out are the 5 OOC players plus a reserve keeper.

If it's one in one out or sell before we buy then that's a bit of a problem for us with less than 2 weeks til competitive football. Some overhaul.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂

I'm not expecting them all to leave. But we're a chunk into the window and none have been sold or loaned out. The only ones Koppen has moved out are the 5 OOC players plus a reserve keeper.

If it's one in one out or sell before we buy then that's a bit of a problem for us with less than 2 weeks til competitive football. Some overhaul.

There's usually been a couple of big sales that have set off a merry go round for transfers. Looks like the EPL are keeping the money in the league just now for FFP rules.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

We were never going to be able to move everyone on in one window. I think we’ve done alright so far with moving players on. 

Dessers is a huge one for me though. He needs to fuck off 

Surely Lammers, Dowell, Hagi, Davies need out first? Dessers is shite but at least offers something sometimes, the rest are as reliable as the SNP.