***** The Official Dynamo Kyiv v Rangers Champions League Third Qualifying Round Match Thread *****

13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Again, peak us. 

Decent draw representing a huge opportunity to make it to the CL groups... happens in the year we have no chief executive and appear to have have ballsed up a rebuild. 

Wonderful.

I wouldn't say we've ballsed up a rebuild. Think this is just the start of it. 

We've offloaded a chunk of high earners and non-contributors and actively still trying to get rid of a few more. The players we've signed are mostly for the future. 

We are doing what we should have done in 2016. There's been opportunities to take a different path in the past couple of seasons too and we have squandered every opportunity we had. 

We've been short terming everything for the past 8 years and it's threatened the sustainability of the club. The biggest issue is we have finally realised this at the point where Celtic are about to overtake our trophy count. 

Edit: Unless you are talking about the stadium. That is definitely a balls up.

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Big Phil will stick with 4231 and the inevitable will happen.

This is my biggest criticism of him. He won't change it. He's stubbornly sticking to this formation despite it now working. 

Stubbornly refusing to change tactic cost the last managers. 

With Cortes out for an unknown amount of time, surely we just toss Cerny in from the start and if he can only do 60 mins or whatever, give matondo the last 20-30 mins and not the other way around. 

Igamane is in the euro squad so might get to see him at some point over the 2 legs. 

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I wouldn't say we've ballsed up a rebuild. Think this is just the start of it. 

We've offloaded a chunk of high earners and non-contributors and actively still trying to get rid of a few more. The players we've signed are mostly for the future. 

We are doing what we should have done in 2016. There's been opportunities to take a different path in the past couple of seasons too and we have squandered every opportunity we had. 

We've been short terming everything for the past 8 years and it's threatened the sustainability of the club. The biggest issue is we have finally realised this at the point where Celtic are about to overtake our trophy count. 

Edit: Unless you are talking about the stadium. That is definitely a balls up.

No, I wasn't, but I've decided I am now. :lol:

I think ballsed up is maybe strong, but id still have expected some more first team ready folk to have come in a little earlier, so that if not a season ready squad, we could still field a team that I have confidence in getting us past teams of this standard.

Just now, Inigo said:

No, I wasn't, but I've decided I am now. :lol:

I think ballsed up is maybe strong, but id still have expected some more first team ready folk to have come in a little earlier, so that if not a season ready squad, we could still field a team that I have confidence in getting us past teams of this standard.

It's a big gamble though. 

We could buy two or three players, push the boat out, and still end up with Europa League money. And then nothing will have changed. 

I do think if we can shift Hagi and Cantwell, and get through this first round, that will unlock a bit more money for us. 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's a big gamble though. 

We could buy two or three players, push the boat out, and still end up with Europa League money. And then nothing will have changed. 

I do think if we can shift Hagi and Cantwell, and get through this first round, that will unlock a bit more money for us. 

As a fan, I have the luxury of the practicalities of it not being my problem. :lol: 

They need to find a way. It's their jobs, and for all I'm sympathetic to long termism, I don't think it's acceptable to not have a certain level of readiness at this stage.

33 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Under Gerrard you’d have been confident of beating all 3 of them. 

Gerrard did fuck a tie against a malmo team probably worse than any of the 3. And he wouldve been up against it with his current lot of ours. On the whole though youre right, he had some record in europe.

8 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Gerrard did fuck a tie against a malmo team probably worse than any of the 3. And he wouldve been up against it with his current lot of ours. On the whole though youre right, he had some record in europe.

Was that the game they went down to 10 men before HT?

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Aye, and we actually managed to lose the game. I said on here yesterday that tie was the point we couldve changed our financial situation. An open goal that we missed through half a half arsed approach. We actually let our main striker extend his holiday and miss the first leg of our most important tie in years for example.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We were heavily linked with Xavi Simons and Joey Veerman, would probably have had the funds for either just by making the PO round that season.

Instead we got put out by Malmo and our recruitments been a shitshow ever since…

53 minutes ago, Inigo said:

As a fan, I have the luxury of the practicalities of it not being my problem. :lol: 

They need to find a way. It's their jobs, and for all I'm sympathetic to long termism, I don't think it's acceptable to not have a certain level of readiness at this stage.

I said on here a couple of months back we needed a complete reset with a proper football structure in place from the ground up and if that meant sacrificing short term wins for a longer term position where we can actively compete with Celtic year on year then I would take that. So I'm not about to start moaning because tbh I think this is what we are trying to do, at least on the playing squad end. I'm a bit more concerned about the wider football department.

We could chuck the kitchen sink again at winning the title, like we did for 55, but overall that's taken us backwards and it could end up crippling us if it doesn't come off.

We can't afford to spend any more than we currently are to finish second and the Europa League, I honestly think it's sensible to cut outgoings to achieve the same results.