Substitutions 🤷‍♂️

Tbf he's hamstrung with hunners of different shapes of jobby.  Still though, mental that Jefte was behind Wright, Lawrence, McCausland and Matondo today.

I'm more annoyed that he starts Lawrence in the 10 and allows him to do nothing then does the same the next game. It's clearly no working so drop that ten and put an extra midfielder like Sterling in there.

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Do you think he's thinking a out Tuesday ? 

That would be my take on it but I'd rather be a couple of goals up before seeing a game out . 

Defo. Calculated risk to get some players game time and some a break, all for Tuesday. 

I know people are upset because we struggles towards the end, but I understand why he's doing it. And seeing as we won, he's got away with it, so no big issues tbh.

These are the risks he has to consider because he's been given a weak squad at this time. Isn't so risky if he's been given a better one. Squad is woeful.

6 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He’s making subs for fitness reasons, but we don’t have the dept in quality for it to be a like for like sub unfortunately. 

Sterling for Lawrence is a defensive sub. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Bizarre that players need fitness (eg Danilo), but instead of giving him minutes we just run Dessers into the ground. 

And that after last season saying players minutes would be managed better. Same with Tav, just playing him till he falls over. 

I could totally get the fitness argument if McCausland didn't start in Poland after missing Hearts.

Yilmaz starting at Tynecastle as well when Jefte was prept for it throughout pre season.

Additionally Tav came straight into the team after injury.

Danilo needs minutes and has 0.

There's no consistency to the decisions. Dessers has 3 x 90 minutes.

19 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Do you think he's thinking a out Tuesday ? 

That would be my take on it but I'd rather be a couple of goals up before seeing a game out . 

I think he is over cautious. Talks often about “minutes in the legs” and other shite about getting “game ready”. He said the other night some shite about Danilo not coming on because it’s more difficult “when you’re not winning “. 

He over complicates everything when he doesn’t really need to. His habit of chucking on players he must know won’t turn a game does my tits in. 

24 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We are the most open defensive team I've seen in a long long time. Can't defend but only throw2-3 players forward when we break. It's bonkers 

Exactly what I've been saying since March I can't understand it. We have so many men behind the ball yet there's absolute gapping holes in the team when the opposition punts it long.

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I could totally get the fitness argument if McCausland didn't start in Poland after missing Hearts.

Yilmaz starting at Tynecastle as well when Jefte was prept for it throughout pre season.

Additionally Tav came straight into the team after injury.

Danilo needs minutes and has 0.

There's no consistency to the decisions. Dessers has 3 x 90 minutes.

Also he's talked about tav not playing 90 mins all the time, he also missed pre season like cerny proper etc...has played every second so far...

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Bizarre that players need fitness (eg Danilo), but instead of giving him minutes we just run Dessers into the ground. 

If I trained 5 days a week for 4 or 5 hours I’d be able to run about like a man possessed for 90mins. Easy peasy 

Infact on average a player covers between 6 and 8 miles in a game.  I walk my dog every day and cover about 5 miles in a couple of hours and I’m nearly fucking 60 ffs.  

7 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

Think he had Tuesday on his mind with the subs 

Not so sure. 2-1 up and a baw hair away from 2-2 and he’s charging half his outfield players. 

I would have thought his first picks needed as much time playing together as possible. Plus they look unfit minutes in the legs and all that