Robin Propper

42 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

The slip is just one of those things but the rest of his play today was dreadful. He didn’t want the ball either, instant passes to Souttar or Butland any time it was near him 

Looked utterly lost at times.

I thought he'd be a decent enough signing after being Twente captain and them getting into the CL places last season. Hasn't been a great start for him, an OG v Motherwell and that abomination display today. That IKEA trip has a lot to answer for 

22 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

You thought he was reminiscent to Darren McGregor?

He was pish but come to fuck....McGregor was an average championship player at best:headwall:

Darren McGregor was an excellent Championship player and an average SPL player. Still can't believe the injustice with his challenge on Morelos with Hibs though. 

11 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Darren McGregor was an excellent Championship player and an average SPL player. Still can't believe the injustice with his challenge on Morelos with Hibs though. 

Not for me, he was part of a shambolic defence when we finished second to Hearts

Totally different type of centre back that i expected us to sign; clearly relies heavily on his reading of the game, and that isnt up to speed yet. He’s not started well, but I’ll reserve judgement for now is I’ve seen CB’s like him struggle initially and then find their feet. Needs to up his game quickly 

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

You thought he was reminiscent to Darren McGregor?

He was pish but come to fuck....McGregor was an average championship player at best:headwall:

His style of play, absolutely 

He looks like he always wants to go to ground which is exactly why McGregor was garbage at the higher level for us because good players take advantage of defenders who go to ground quickly - the game has moved on

He’s OBVIOUSLY a higher level overall than Darren McGregor was but based on what he showed today, it’s not looking good.

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

His style of play, absolutely 

He looks like he always wants to go to ground which is exactly why McGregor was garbage at the higher level for us because good players take advantage of defenders who go to ground quickly - the game has moved on

He’s OBVIOUSLY a higher level overall than Darren McGregor was but based on what he showed today, it’s not looking good.

Would agree with this. Reminds me a bit of that Rodrequiz we had under McLeish aswell

45 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Did he slip at one of their goals or did he deliberately try and clear the ball with a kinda lying down header type movement?

not really sure what he was doing 

Think he was playing Best Man Fall, very poor start from him, he looks really ordinary so far.

59 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Did he slip at one of their goals or did he deliberately try and clear the ball with a kinda lying down header type movement?

not really sure what he was doing 

He slipped and had the reactions to try and head it while on the ground, but good players don't find themselves in these positions all that often and he's had a couple of shockers already.

I don't think he looks very good however not sure anyone would with those full backs and dopey souttar daydreaming his way through matches.

Seriously I have never seen us as weak both physically and mentally at the back. There was a complete collapse in the back line after their first goal even though it rightly got scratched off. 

I really don't know where we go from here and it is worrying. I don't think scratching about in the free agent market and adding more wages is the way to go or will sort anything. But at the same time I haven't seen anything from Clement that I can trust him to sort us and improve the players we have here currently.

I would suggest bringing in a manager that knows what he is doing and can have us set up properly but we can't even afford to pay off Clement and his backroom staff.

Absolutely not what I expected from him today at all. He looked all over the place and very nervous at times. Losing has balance and trying to head a ball when on the ground was embarrassing. He is just in the door so needs time to settle but I am far from impressed so far

Without a 6 in place we are going to look horrendous defensively, no structure in the midfield and two weak defensive full backs are going to leave the CB’s dragged all over the shop.

Not saying he’s any good either though.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Propper wasn’t unwanted by Twente or damaged goods he was their captain and had a release clause. :lol:

What I mean is nobody else wanted him, obv I could be wrong on that but usually any half decent dutch player psv/feyenoord/ajax snap up, if not a stronger league

2 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

What I mean is nobody else wanted him, obv I could be wrong on that but usually any half decent dutch player psv/feyenoord/ajax snap up, if not a stronger league

If any of these 3 teams have an interest he's already out of our reach. That's the reality of where we are.

Twente finished third in the league. They are a decent team.