Shambles from top to bottom

33 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He won’t get anyone giving him credit for it but we were very good under Beale for a few months in that first season.

Hearts and Hibs away we were incredibly good.

Falling short in the final and semi-final in games that were fairly even rightly left him empty in goodwill, and then he monumentally fucked it in the summer and with whatever he was trying to do with no wingers.

Agree with you on Gio, looked to have gotten the measure of Postecoglu towards the back end of the season and then we looked like we were back to square one in that first OF of the next season.

Beales first major alarm bells was his honking team selection in the league cup final against Celtic 

Lundstrum and Kamara in midfield was clearly not working and instead of changing it half time he brought them back out and then was forced to eventually acknowledge the fuck up when they went 2-0 up 

Then Morelos who was by no means having a good game scores and gets us back in the game and sparks into life a bit and has hart and their CB panicking and launching balls out for throw ins. Then decides to sub him for Colak and our press just completely disappeared for the remaining twenty minutes 

Put this in the match thread by mistake but, for me, last season’s squad has totally fucked us.  Genuinely think Clement believed we could win the league after his first 3months (as we all did).

Think he was then astonished at how that squad completely imploded mentally.  Went from an odds-on winning position to going off the rails in no time.  

The board undoubtedly have blood on their hands, but they did invest. It’s just that that squad completely shat it.

Not only has it meant we missed out on the league and automatic CL cash. But their implosion has totally ripped the belief and soul out of the club which we’re seeing laid before us.

We’re totally fucked and looking at a much longer spell of dominance by the them across the city.  Horrendous

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

This might sound overly dramatic, but the day we should have all collectively realised that the standards were in the gutter was the day that the used cars salesman Michael Beale was allowed to show up and be paraded in the stands like a returning hero while the incumbent Rangers manager, a man of genuine class who’s footballing CV wipes the floor with anything Beale could dream of achieving , was facing a tidal wave of criticism and pressure to keep his job.

I’m not blaming the fans for not collectively seeing it (although a good portion did) because we were poor under Gio and frustrations were building, but that one single action should have been the moment that more of us realised that there was barely a person in a position of power at Ibrox who truly understood what it means to represent Rangers and be Rangers Class in terms of their professionalism, class and integrity and that lack of class has dripped down from the top, seeped into the club and rotted it to the core.

And people still welcomed him. 

Sickening.

17 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

This might sound overly dramatic, but the day we should have all collectively realised that the standards were in the gutter was the day that the used cars salesman Michael Beale was allowed to show up and be paraded in the stands like a returning hero while the incumbent Rangers manager, a man of genuine class who’s footballing CV wipes the floor with anything Beale could dream of achieving , was facing a tidal wave of criticism and pressure to keep his job.

I’m not blaming the fans for not collectively seeing it (although a good portion did) because we were poor under Gio and frustrations were building, but that one single action should have been the moment that more of us realised that there was barely a person in a position of power at Ibrox who truly understood what it means to represent Rangers and be Rangers Class in terms of their professionalism, class and integrity and that lack of class has dripped down from the top, seeped into the club and rotted it to the core.

Completely the doing of that wanker Wilson. That midget fucked us up for years.

We’re so fucked, I’m almost at a loss for words.

Our board is beyond inept, our manager is an utter imposter and our squad is without a shadow of a doubt the worst top flight Rangers side in my lifetime.

We - the fans - are the single positive aspect of the club right now and this horrific excuse for a board have managed to inconvenience us by taking shortcuts with steel fabricated in Asia, resulting in us having to travel to Hampden for home fixtures. That atmosphere inside a half-empty stadium was painful to be a part of.

Settle for second, maybe even third, if you want to preserve your mental health as a Rangers fan because we are fucked under this board.

Feels like the inevitable is on the cards yet again, looking for a new manager before Halloween whilst we stumble along to one cluster fuck after another under the tenure of this board. 

Won't be setting foot in Hampden and seriously considering not going back to Ibrox until there's major changes in that boardroom. 

It's absolutely incredible how far we've plummeted since winning the league 3 year ago. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Feels like the inevitable is on the cards yet again, looking for a new manager before Halloween whilst we stumble along to one cluster fuck after another under the tenure of this board. 

Won't be setting foot in Hampden and seriously considering not going back to Ibrox until there's major changes in that boardroom. 

It's absolutely incredible how far we've plummeted since winning the league 3 year ago. 

I won't be in there.

I'll wait till we are home 

3 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

I won't be in there.

I'll wait till we are home 

It’s a soulless dump 

We should never have to watch our team play ‘home’ games in that hole. Then again it’s probably a fitting venue for one of the worst Rangers teams of all time 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The board have backed this guy if a change is needed then they must go as well. Obviously that won't happen but do you trust them to pick another manager cause I don't. 

12 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not backing Gio properly after he took us to a European Final and then followed it up months later by performing a minor miracle and taking us to the Champions League proper on the back of selling two of his most important players. 

Sacking Gio and replacing him with a rookie manager who had about 20 games as a first team manager in his own right.

The board backing said rookie manager with millions of pounds to rebuild the squad a year after they refused to do the same for a manager in Gio who had actually earned the opportunity to be backed and trusted with a rebuild of that size.

Those three things all happening within a year of each other have completely fucked us and it’s going to take years to recover from them.

I think you're absolutely bang on the money with that. 

I can’t even be bothered to get angry anymore. I’ve genuinely never felt this dejected following Rangers and I just don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel. Even in the darkest days there was always the belief we were on the road back. I can’t even put into words how I feel about the situation rn. 

A rebuild that as of today sees us in a weaker position than we ended the season with banter years are back. 

Don't care what anyone says Clement was given that new deal to keep him happy after getting shafted by this board. He needs to go his "football" is horrendous but he's been done a belter. 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

A rebuild that as of today sees us in a weaker position than we ended the season with banter years are back. 

Don't care what anyone says Clement was given that new deal to keep him happy after getting shafted by this board. He needs to go his "football" is horrendous but he's been done a belter. 

So, if a manager has been shafted by the board, why should it be the manager that has to go?

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Agree or disagree about Clement. Who the hell would even want to come in at this point? As the title states the whole club is a shambles top to bottom. Changing the manager fundamentally fixes nothing. And I’m not smart enough to know if we can even get rid of the board without that screwing us financially if loans are recalled. It all just feels so dark at this point

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I've seen this exact line banded about all over. In what way are we weaker now than how we finished last season? 

17 minutes ago, CR3 said:

watched an Old Firm from 2002 the other night to somehow feel good again to remember when we were a top team, quite sad in reality.

Find myself doing that often establishment archives on YouTube is great for old videos/highlights put a smile on ma face but then I think just how harmful 2012 has been it's taken the soul of our football club man and it's tough. Questioning will we ever see a Rangers team win 2 or 3 championship in a row again or is it the odd Cup win every few year the best we have now. 

36 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And Bennett has been on the board since then. Mr best in class has watched over disaster after fucking disaster. I think his time is up

Just now, RJMcGregor said:

Agree or disagree about Clement. Who the hell would even want to come in at this point? As the title states the whole club is a shambles top to bottom. Changing the manager fundamentally fixes nothing. And I’m not smart enough to know if we can even get rid of the board without that screwing us financially if loans are recalled. It all just feels so dark at this point

what's even more worrying is who we can actually afford if we sack Clement. 

We're skint, so I'd imagine paying an agreed fee or paying him for the year will be the only 2 ways to get rid of him.

So I'm assuming this will effect the wage budget we can afford for a manager. 

So if we've fucked up 3 appointments that are within this budget post-Gerrard, then what level are we descending onto next for the next lamb to the slaughter?