Union Bears

52 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Peak ‘boo’ has to be the final whistle at Easter road in the challenge cup final - sometimes I think about being there when Rangers are shite to get some perspective.  Finding a new interest is also fairly tempting at this point tbh 

I was about to make a snidey comment about booing our players and how I don't agree eith it.

However aye, I must have gave it a good old "Boo" that day 🤣😫

8 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

I was about to make a snidey comment about booing our players and how I don't agree eith it.

However aye, I must have gave it a good old "Boo" that day 🤣😫

Haha feel the same but aye as raging as I can remember being leaving a football match - things could be worse (tempting fate saying that) 

2 hours ago, Blue72 said:

Peak ‘boo’ has to be the final whistle at Easter road in the challenge cup final - sometimes I think about being there when Rangers are shite to get some perspective.  Finding a new interest is also fairly tempting at this point tbh 

Easter Rd still gives me the shits from the night we were 2-0 down after 12, and 4-0 down after 70 minutes! Twas Dec 2014,  the week after McCoist got the bullet - we had such delights as Simonsen, Nicky "The missing man" Law and that wee dick Ian Black in our team.

2 hours ago, Blue72 said:

Tynecastle under Warburton when we got gubbed 4-1 was maybe the angriest away section I have been in come full time 

Wasn't even booing but pure rage rightly being shouted at the players. A few attempted to start walking over to acknowledge the fans but think they read the room and turned back well before the penalty box and most headed straight for the tunnel

Tynecastle again under Gerrard when we were knocked out the cup just before COVID was not far off and Dundee 0-0 last season 

10 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Wouldn't say singing and jumping  up and down when the opposing team scores a goal is giving much encouragement.

For players I’d imagine hearing a wee rendition of the Cry was No Surrender is slightly more encouraging than say a chorus of boos or traditional shouts such as, yer shite, fuck off, useless cunts to name a few.

37 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

For players I’d imagine hearing a wee rendition of the Cry was No Surrender is slightly more encouraging than say a chorus of boos or traditional shouts such as, yer shite, fuck off, useless cunts to name a few.

Only the players will know if it helps, and I would imagine at the start of the game it probably does. However, as the game goes on, because it is constant, it just becomes background noise, imo. 

56 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Better off with a song about Rangers to get them up for it tbh. 

8 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Easter Rd still gives me the shits from the night we were 2-0 down after 12, and 4-0 down after 70 minutes! Twas Dec 2014,  the week after McCoist got the bullet - we had such delights as Simonsen, Nicky "The missing man" Law and that wee dick Ian Black in our team.

Was that when macdowall took over? Sometimes forget how bad things got! 

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Better off with a song about Rangers to get them up for it tbh. 

Plenty of good Rangers songs but The Cry Was No Surrender ( annoy the purists ) when the team needs lifted is The Best for me.

14 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Only time I’ve ever booed was at Lammers when he came off against Hearts in the game we won late.

Felt bad afterwards :lol:

Does my fucking head in cunts going mad about a sideways pass 20 minutes in if we’re not a goal or more up.

Never been much of a patient bunch. People were going nuts over trivial stuff in prime advocaat days never mind now lol

2 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Plenty of good Rangers songs but The Cry Was No Surrender ( annoy the purists ) when the team needs lifted is The Best for me.

Why not give the same gusto and passion to Follow Follow etc when it’s actually about our team - than a song that’s about defending a place from other people that have no relevance to our current squad of all different cultures and religions?  

I’m not being argumentative btw. Just trying to think differently