Tonight: An evening with the Manager

4 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Q: Do you feel squad can mount competitive challenge for league?

A: Yeah I’m convinced about that or I wouldn’t be here. Of course it’s a big rebuild. 16 players left. It was not also easy to have a good transfer window because 7 players left for zero and had to be replaced by players that cost money. We had to cut the wages also because it was not sustainable the way the wages were built the last couple of years in the squad.

:belm:

He's not going to come out and say 'no we're shite' is he?

2 minutes ago, Faction Walter said:

I don't know why he had to tell him to sign for them. What difference does it make to Clement if he does or not? Its not as if he is trying to convince him to sign for us.

I'm assuming here but he's young player who came through the Brugge academy & has asked a guy he respects and who has knowledge of the league he's going to

Clement in general doesn't understand the goldfish Scottish game, he doesn't get it. For him he's answering a question of a young guy he managed, for Rangers fans he's convinced a decent player to sign for the scum

Q: What are the most important skills for a leader to have?

A: I think for sure intelligence. I’ve seen some players wanting to be leaders and they have the ability to speak to the group and have the personality not to be afraid in front of the group or in difficult moments. But If you say the wrong things it doesn’t help so it’s important to say the right words.

A good leader is also somebody who can change his message depending on who he talks with. That’s a massive one. Not many players have that quality also. Some people become better when you are on top of them all the time. Some need more support or something in between it depends on the situation. A good leader in a group understands and feels that and does it in a good way. It’s very important for a manager to have a few of those types in your dressing room.

(I might sack this off in a minute at this rate).

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

He never told him to sign for them so any Rangers fan thinking that is miles off it. He told him it was a good move for him when they spoke on the pitch before we played there after he had already signed.

Frightening the amount of people who completely disregarded the whole part about speaking before kick off bit

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

He never told him to sign for them so any Rangers fan thinking that is miles off it. He told him it was a good move for him when they spoke on the pitch before we played there after he had already signed.

Aye I get that, from Engels comments it doesn't sound that way and has obviously been put across by the media as "Clement convinces player to sign for celtic"

3 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Q: What are the most important skills for a leader to have?

A: I think for sure intelligence. I’ve seen some players wanting to be leaders and they have the ability to speak to the group and have the personality not to be afraid in front of the group or in difficult moments. But If you say the wrong things it doesn’t help so it’s important to say the right words.

A good leader is also somebody who can change his message depending on who he talks with. That’s a massive one. Not many players have that quality also. Some people become better when you are on top of them all the time. Some need more support or something in between it depends on the situation. A good leader in a group understands and feels that and does it in a good way. It’s very important for a manager to have a few of those types in your dressing room.

(I might sack this off in a minute at this rate).

Passion, fight, desire are what you need in Scotland 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Aye I get that, from Engels comments it doesn't sound that way and has obviously been put across by the media as "Clement convinces player to sign for celtic"

Only if people want to twist it to suit a certain agenda. Which is crazy because there is plenty of things to criticise Clement for over the past 2 months without resorting to that.

Q: Has there been any transition to Scottish football that’s been more challenging than anticipated?

A: To be honest not really. There’s not a big difference with the Belgian league. You also have a lot of teams playing with the low block and in transition towards the top teams. I think in Belgium you have more teams competing to win a title but that also has something to do with the formula they play.

Q: How many windows until you have the squad you want?

A: I wish I had the answer to that and had this crystal ball. I know a lot of fans and young ones like to play the PlayStation, Football Manager and all those things. But in real life it is totally different. You cannot make any prediction about that because first it’s about the finances you have yourself - I don’t know that yet for January - it’s about finding the right players and convincing them to come. It has to do with relationships with players and agents and with other clubs also, if they want to let them go or not. It’s impossible to predict that. All I can say is we will do it as fast as possible but you don’t have everything in your own hands in that way. You can only work really hard for that.

Phil - why are your players constantly outfought and outworked in recent old firm games.

Why do you continually pick Tavernier who has shown himself to be an absolute liability in these games. 

Why after starting well and pressing celtic high up the pitch and forcing them back are the players allowed to revert to default mode and capitulate after conceding 1 goal. 

why didn’t we at least bring a striker in on loan when there were fears over Danilo’s fitness. 

That concludes the Q&A. Questions were well vetted by the club.

Appears to be calling for patience which I think he'll get from the board, but not from the fans. It's not his fault the squad is in the mess it is, but the fans also need to see some sort of plan to improve the players that are here and the application of some sort of  playing style, neither of which have been evident for a very long time now.

28 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Q: How many windows until you have the squad you want?

A: I wish I had the answer to that and had this crystal ball. I know a lot of fans and young ones like to play the PlayStation, Football Manager and all those things. But in real life it is totally different. You cannot make any prediction about that because first it’s about the finances you have yourself - I don’t know that yet for January - it’s about finding the right players and convincing them to come. It has to do with relationships with players and agents and with other clubs also, if they want to let them go or not. It’s impossible to predict that. All I can say is we will do it as fast as possible but you don’t have everything in your own hands in that way. You can only work really hard for that.