* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

WTF is going on when their tame journo is coming out with criticism of his favourite club and fans.:headscratch: Well just the fans.:dance: 

'GIMME PEACE' 

Tom English slams celtic fans who belted out pro-IRA lyrics at Tynecastle

We told earlier how Hoops supporters were being probed by cops over claims of offensive chanting and coin throwing at last night’s game against Hearts

By David Fowler

28th February 2019, 4:23 pm

Updated: 28th February 2019, 4:24 pm

TOM ENGLISH has slammed the celtic fans who belted out pro-IRA lyrics during the club’s match with Hearts at Tynecastle.

I'm going to claim some credit :lol:

My BBC complaint is in.  10 days to get back to me....

The post-match analysis of the Hamilton v Rangers game focused on Rangers fans behaviour, in particular chanting and banners they deemed sectarian that targeted the Kilmarnock manager.  This wasn't shown during match highlights and no evidence was presented.  Despite that, it was passed off as factual by presenter Michael Stewart who announced they had a duty to "call it out"

As a Rangers fan I’d love to see this eradicated from Scottish football, so I was dismayed at the report and horrified that it needed bringing to the country's attention in a football highlights show.  I researched the incident and what I found worries me.

1.  Fans didn't sing what was alleged.  The offending word "Fenian" was replaced with "Greetin".   Listening properly and verifying with people who were there confirms this is what was chanted.

2.  The “offensive” banner read "Get Well Soon Steve Clarke".  What’s the offence?

Worryingly Michael Stewart passed this off as FACT.  

If “calling out fan behaviour” is the editorial direction Sportscene are taking, then they must do so with facts.  It must not focus on one club (because it isn’t) and they should seek guidance from competent bodies who understand the issue.  Such bodies (and clubs) should be consulted before broadcasting.  This CANNOT be about opinion or twisting facts.

Last nights report left viewers believing this happened, when a little proper journalistic research shows it didn’t and Sportscene shouldn’t have broadcast what they did.  Someone has jumped to conclusions; some might call it lies or an agenda, I’ll be kind and call it amateur.

As a publicly funded broadcaster the BBC has a duty to be accurate and impartial.   The BBC really need to apply journalistic integrity on such a sensitive subject in this country.  Sportscene should withdraw the report and include an apology directly to Rangers fans for factual inaccuracies.  Michael Stewart could deliver this on the next broadcast.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Has Brenda ever told the truth. His SSN press conference was toe curling vomit inducing bullshit.

Just saw it.

He is a feckin oddball. 

His ego is enormous and as for the celtic stuff he can forget it they hate him with a passion now.

34 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Has Brenda ever told the truth. His SSN press conference was toe curling vomit inducing bullshit.

Loved it when he said ‘the fans are just worried about the future of the club without me’ 😂 😂 

11 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

Loved it when he said ‘the fans are just worried about the future of the club without me’ 😂 😂 

I would love if just one journo mimed turning a stereo down and said "Oi brenda. Turn the ego down a touch me duck"

Watching him fail miserably will be good fun. 

Archived