Do we need a Neil Lennon type?

Guest The Brown Brogue

Guest The Brown Brogue

When things were going tits up for Strachan last season, almost the last throw of the dice was to bring in Neil Lennon to the backroom team, and lets be honest it seemed to make an immediate difference to them in terms of fight, belief and spirit.

Assuming that Smith is going nowhere, as I dont believe he will walk of be pushed, should we be looking to bring in a similar character to try and provide that spark behind the scenes?

And further to that, is there anyone who could perform that role for us?

When things were going tits up for Strachan last season, almost the last throw of the dice was to bring in Neil Lennon to the backroom team, and lets be honest it seemed to make an immediate difference to them in terms of fight, belief and spirit.

Assuming that Smith is going nowhere, as I dont believe he will walk of be pushed, should we be looking to bring in a similar character to try and provide that spark behind the scenes?

Is Ally not ours? or were you thinking different ?

Guest The Brown Brogue

Is Ally not ours? or were you thinking different ?

Very different characters in my opinion, I think Ally is more the pally-pally players mates type, whilst Lennon is an in your face little c*nt.

Dont get me wrong, I hate the guy, but I think his attitude has made a difference to celtic.

Jorg Albertz anyone?;)

Stupid proposal again, we need Rangers quality not some foreign shite

I hope u was jokin bro, Albertz is a legend and my all time fav player, possibly our best foeign player ever along with Laudo!!!

Jorg Albertz anyone?;)

Stupid proposal again, we need Rangers quality not some foreign shite

I hope u was jokin bro, Albertz is a legend and my all time fav player, possibly our best foeign player ever along with Laudo!!!

So look back and get Albertz :mutley:

There is nobody to do what he did he is history

Guest The Brown Brogue
Theres only one man i would bring in to give the whole team a boot up the arse and hes a true rangers man and a legend well in my eyes anywiy :unionflag:

And hes done not bad over in OZ. (tu)

Ian Ferguson :rangers:

Not a bad shout mate, my whole point is that I think we need someone to instill a bit of nastiness and aggression into the side, I just don't see that coming from any of our current management.

Theres only one man i would bring in to give the whole team a boot up the arse and hes a true rangers man and a legend well in my eyes anywiy :unionflag:

Not a bad shout mate, my whole point is that I think we need someone to instill a bit of nastiness and aggression into the side, I just don't see that coming from any of our current management.

If you guys think that the solution to our problems then there is no hope for our club <cr>

Guest The Brown Brogue

If you guys think that the solution to our problems then there is no hope for our club <cr>

No-one said that was the solution to our problems, that would be a complete change in ownership and management.

But since neither of those are likely I am trying to look at alternatives to try an improve the situation we are in.

You've said everything on this thread has been a shite idea, so perhaps you could enlighten us and try to add something helpful to the debate?

No-one said that was the solution to our problems, that would be a complete change in ownership and management.

But since neither of those are likely I am trying to look at alternatives to try an improve the situation we are in.

You've said everything on this thread has been a shite idea, so perhaps you could enlighten us and try to add something helpful to the debate?

Unionloyal seems to think everything/everyone is shite, I've noticed ;)

You have got to be taking the piss. Shite player, and a complete fuck. I assume what was meant is that we could do with (as someone else mentioned) an Ian Ferguson, or a Terry Hurlock, or a Bomber, or a Goughie to stick a rocket under our players arses and get them the fuck going, to which i agree. But by choosing to refer to that arsehole who couldn't come close to tying the aboves shoelaces, as a player or a person, you can't honestly be expecting many agreeable responses.