Mervan Celik signs for Rangers

The Monk

“Mervan is a calm guy and won’t be rushed because this move is vital for his career.

“He has an offer from the English Premiership, from a top club in the Championship and is also the subject of interest in Germany.

“But money or the respective countries are not important. What is important is having the chance to play with the right team.

Seems we may not be front runners in this deal.

Just need wait and see I suppose.

Seems we may not be front runners in this deal.

Just need wait and see I suppose.

The rest of the quote reads -

'rangers are most definitely among the clubs who fit the bill. They are a famous club and always have the opportunity to play in Europe. McCoist is also a fantastic young coach who has played at a high level.'

The rest of the quote reads -

'rangers are most definitely among the clubs who fit the bill. They are a famous club and always have the opportunity to play in Europe. McCoist is also a fantastic young coach who has played at a high level.'

Yeah but you have to be realistic, Premiership and top end championship teams are far more attractive to players than Scottish clubs (Given where they play and the bonuses if they do well)...not to mention the team from Germany.

I fully expect him to move to England so I hope the other 2 lads coming on trial impress enough.

Sadly true.

We cannot force players to sign with us though.

This is it!

We can only hope the boy wants to play European football and in front of 50,000 fans every other week.

Rangers is a stepping stone to the EPL and hopefully he would see this as better than rushing into the top flight of English football as he is still young.

Money talks though and on that front we are like a silent film.

We have a good a chance as any, it seems like the boy is less concerned about money, and more about finding a club who suit him, perhaps seein the myriad numbers of those players who moved just for the money and ended up unhappier because the club wasn't right for them. If he does his research, an it looks like he has, he'll see how happy Rangers can make players. I'm certain if you spoke to Carlos Cuellar, Kris Boyd, etc and asked them, money or the Rangers? Their reply would be Rangers. They realised too late what they had lost.

Apparently... We need to get David Weir and John Fleck off the wage bill to sign Mervan Celik.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist is keen to reduce wages to make funds available for new signings, and Fleck’s departure to Bloomfield Road would clear around £5,000 of the salary bill.

McCoist is also hoping that former captain David Weir, who has four months left on his contract, will agree to move on in order to trim his basic wage of around £10,000 per week from the outgoings.

If both players can be off- loaded, Gers hope to later this week complete a move for out of contract Swedish Under-21 star Mervan Celik who is also being tracked by Fulham and Middlesbrough.