***The Official Stirling Albion v Rangers Thread***

AlBear.

LIVE IN THE UK only on RangersTV. Kick-Off @ 7:45pm. Purchase the match now for just £5.99.

Back in October we suffered our only league defeat this season to Stirling Albion while their manager was away getting married. Well, the honeymoon period for these SFL3 teams is certainly over and we have marched on in the league since then winning 16 and drawing 2 of our 18 league games scoring 52 goals and conceding just 13, including a 2-0 win at Ibrox over tomorrows opponents.

While the league is almost confirmed it is vital we maintain this strong form as the league closes. Complacency must be eradicated from the players minds as we aim to wrap up this season and look forward to our challenges next season. We require a maximum of just 6 wins from our last 11 games. However with Queens Park, our closest challengers, also playing Tuesday away to Clyde that could reduce to 4 wins from our last 10 should results go our way tomorrow.

While people were disappointed with the teams performance on Saturday we should remember how well they played in the 2 previous games, playing the ball around nicely and scoring some cracking goals. This season has been filled with new challenges, in new places, making new friends but tomorrow there is the added spice of some revenge to be taken. It would be nice to make up for our one failure in the league this season with a stylish performance and, more importantly, a win.

With Perry suffering from his second broken nose this season and a tear in his hamstring it looks certain he'll miss out and Le Superstar from Saturday Seb Faure is likely leading the pack to come in, unless Cribari recovers from his stomach virus in time. Otherwise, I'd crack on with the same players and I'm looking at a 4-0 win for Rangers.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be tempted to give aird a start in place of McKay...I hope faure gets a run at cb as perry certainly does not deserve to be brought back in. Other than that I would keep the team the same...much improved performance required all round...hopefully retain possession better and avoid going direct from the start!

After the defeat to Stirling it would have been hard to believe that we would go on to win our next 9 away league games. Let's make it 10 at the home of one of our most embarrassing defeats. We need to play similar to what we did against Clyde - ball down, build through the middle of the park, wingers playing as inside forwards, full backs overlapping, Black and Hutton pressing forward, Shiels dropping deep to link play between midfield and Little....do all that and we will win comfortably :) I predict a bad pitch and long ball match though.

Just going to point out our two games, against East Stirlingshire & Elgin, that were also Live in the UK on RangersTV this season have both finished in 6-2 wins.

So the boys certainly put on a show when we're on Live in the UK on RangersTV and give you your monies worth.

I'll also point out I've seen odds of a 6-2 Rangers win upto 125/1, can lightening strike three times? :sherlock:

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3310-stirling-albion-live-on-rtv

Ideal Tuesday night.....El Classico on the TV, Rangers on the laptop for a very reasonable £5.99 and a nice chilled 6 pack of Bud's....Fingers crossed we put on an improved performance tonight and banish the memorys of October.

Going for 3-0 tonight. Also side bet get all the money you can on Barca/Real both to score...absolute stick on.

Bought it last night, hope RTV's luck with our games keeps going. Two 6-2 wins in the last broadcasts, as someone put above, might put a wee cheeky £1 on us repeating that score. £126...could be worthwhile. :)

Alexander

Hegarty Faure Cribari Wallace©

Black Hutton

McKay Shiels Templeton

Little