Rangers Fans And The Scottish National Team...

graeme_4

Rangers fans and the Scottish national team...  

610 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Scotland team?

• I go to games
    • I'm an armchair fan
    • I couldn't care less
    • I actively dislike / hate them
  2. 2. Have you always felt this way

3. 3. If you don't like the team, why?

• I do like the team
    • Because it represents the SFA
    • Because of nationalism (eg SNP/Yes voters)
    • Because of the 'traitors' in the squad
    • Because I think the 'Tartan Army' hate Rangers
  4. 4. Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland

If you haven't had the misfortune of sitting in Hampden listening to the wind and pish of the "tartan army" you are lucky.

Endless abuse, and I mean from minute one to ninety, around the Old firm, Weegies, Rangers, the great unwashed . . .

This is by no means new, it changed my mind about the national team (or national disgrace) over twenty years ago.

I go to Scotland games when I can. It's not like going to see Rangers though but I do go to watch other games whenever I can. I've been to see Shettleston Jnrs a few times when I've been at work on a Saturday, I've watched Rossvale, Petershill and Ashfield and my support for Rangers has never been brought up but if you're going to watch a non-Rangers game as an out and out Rangers fan, then you're experience will differ from someone who is going to watch the game as a supporter of a team that's participating.

The last 2 Jock games I went to before the Poland game, I went with my son and his cousin, both had on Rangers tops as they had been training at Murray Park beforehand and rather than going home, they just came with their kit on. No abuse for being Rangers fans or weegies and I've never experienced any of this Rangers hatred at any Scotland game but if anyone did slag me off then stern words would be had.

I was born with 2 pre-determined traits that I had no control of and ones that have stayed with me into adulthood. I was born a Ranger and I was born Scottish. These qualities will stay with me until the day I die, God willing.

Nowt to do with being contrary. Unlike many of the 'protestants' on here I don't proclaim myself to belong to a faith group while regularly going against the beliefs of said faith.

i was brought up a protestant, went to church got christened, now i'm not so sure i am a man of faith, id like to think i am or can be again but for now lets tick the atheist box.

My daughter was not christened as i couldn't make the commitment to take her to church each week,

I despise the catholic church not down to my perceive religion but for the hard facts that present themselves,

So yeah to sum it up not very christian of me, no to want my daughter to be exposed to that bile

Why would I want to support an team who's supporters actually hate Rangers?

I supported Scotland (I mean going to games) until maybe 15 years ago when the

wankers in the Tartan Army became too much to take.

I just couldn't accept the Anti-English xenophobia and the general hatred of anything British.

So I'm sorry, but Fuck the SFA and Fuck the Tartan Army.

Only room in my life for one football side and that's Rangers.

Its football mate, people boo songs the world over, don't act all mock offended just because Scotland fans booed an anthem.

If I'm at a Rangers game I couldn't give a fuck if people boo our songs, if I'm at a Scotland game I couldn't give a fuck if someone booed the anthem. Who cares?

You support the wrong club if you think booing your countries national anthem is acceptable.

If you haven't had the misfortune of sitting in Hampden listening to the wind and pish of the "tartan army" you are lucky.

Endless abuse, and I mean from minute one to ninety, around the Old firm, Weegies, Rangers, the great unwashed . . .

This is by no means new, it changed my mind about the national team (or national disgrace) over twenty years ago.

This does not happen at Scotland games at all.

Total internet bs.

You support the wrong club if you think booing your countries national anthem is acceptable.

:D shite!

It's the tribal thing of being in a large group, it's what happens at football, get over it.

Fuck, I've worked with the Forces for over 30 years and there's plenty of them booed the National Anthem when at games. Disnae stop them going to war for the country though.

Total shite. Why make things up?

Shite nothing. Anyone that boo's the national anthem of Britain, shouldn't be supporting Rangers. There's having rivalrly with England and other home nations, then theres downright disrespect.

Do some of you even know the club you follow? Why do you clowns only exist on the internet?

Shite nothing. Anyone that boo's the national anthem of Britain, shouldn't be supporting Rangers. There's having rivalrly with England and other home nations, then theres downright disrespect.

Do some of you even know the club you follow? Why do you clowns only exist on the internet?

Yet it's acceptable to call the manager of the club a cunt etc. Fuck off and stop talking shite. disrespect :lol: :lol:

Aye. I follow Rangers.

Why do you clowns think that you're the arbiters of what it means to be a Rangers fan and insist that we all have to be the same...or "yoos urnae real Rangers fans"

Fuck off! :uk:

I meant if someone booed flower of Scotland, but whatever.

If it was a game against England then I wouldn't like people booing the anthem but wouldny lose sleep over it if they did...it's a rivalry and banter after all.

Cunts are acting like tims more and more on here all mock offended at booing, get a life.