What a week!

Siam69

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Congrats mate, been through the whole C section twice with the wife for our twins. Think weĀ only managed because the sister in law is a special care baby nurse and was in the theatre both times. (tu)Ā 

I was worried senseless going to, and in the theatre, though trying not to show it to my wife.Ā 

Then when the baby's heartbeat started dropping like a stone, and they lost it, emergency buzzer hit, rush in of consultants etc, was the most traumatising few minutes of my life.

Thankfully after 36 hours of pain, and alsorts of painkillers, while lying on the operating theatre my wife wasn't fully aware of what was happening, all the monitors and panic was happening behind her head. Think I'll hold off on telling her for a while yet.

They are still in hospital, that's where I am every day as well. My wife had a slightly high temperature before the C section, although alright now, and very understandable given what she had just been through. So they are giving our daughter antibiotics as a precaution incase anything was passed on, and she's a little jaundiced. Hopefully home on Friday for the weekend to see Norn Iron skelp the hosts, a la Spain before.Ā 

Out of likes for all the posts, but thanks for the kind words and advice, especially around boyfriends lol

Congrats mate to you and the missus, I just became a papa a couple of weeks past , my daughter had a section after three days of trying to start her, poor lassie was knackered, anyway wee boy for me to teach the Rangers ways lol, good luck for the future.

2 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Shaping up to be the best week of my life.

Went with the wife to hospital on Sunday morning, bang on her due date,Ā she hadĀ a lot of bleediitg. So 36 hours later, every pain killer known to man, the baby was stuck, horrific watching the pain my wife had to go through, and thenĀ there had to be a caesarean section, but now we have a healthy baby girl, our first born.Ā  Mother recovering well, father still traumatized. Was in the theatre for the C Section, they lost the baby'sĀ heartbeat, emergency buzzer called, Ā butĀ they got the heartbeatĀ back. Still haven't made my wife aware of that, she was to tired andĀ out of itĀ at that time on the theatreĀ to fully notice.

My wee country get through to the last 16 in the Euros, absolutely amazing, the support has been such a credit as well. Last night I would've loved to be in France or Northern Ireland, but my daughter had other plans. Proud, proud Ulster man.

And as an added bonus, that always gives an embarrassedĀ shake of the head and a chuckle, the demented who eat, sleep and breath a Club they say is dead, shown up to be yet againĀ the most petty, pathetic, obsessed sad sacks going doh. Not only did they get a cunt made outta them once more,Ā they also inadvertently got UEFA to confirm yet again what all sane people alreadyĀ knew, then, now, forever. It's like the ASA judgment on steroids :lol:

Bear's Den I hear you cry?Ā  Well, the main thrust of this thread is the birth of my little Blue Belle daughter, who already has a brick placed in her name at Ibrox. And as soon as is practically possible, I will have her up to Ibrox to pose proudly beside her brick on the Colin Stein wall. So very much Bear's Den stuff.

All I need now isĀ for us toĀ get the defence sorted, and an out and out striker and it'll be Kingaling heaven for Siam :D

:7325:

Ā 

Congratulations mate on becoming a Dad or second Mummy (you never know and wouldnt want to offend you) . I hope this feeling sorry for your Mrs wears off quickly or Its dishes and hoovering for life as the tiredness will become a permanet Illness.:001: Ā Delighted for the three of you and hope they get home soon.

Just now, Siam69 said:

I was worried senseless going to, and in the theatre, though trying not to show it to my wife.Ā 

Then when the baby's heartbeat started dropping like a stone, and they lost it, emergency buzzer hit, rush in of consultants etc, was the most traumatising few minutes of my life.

Thankfully after 36 hours of pain, and alsorts of painkillers, while lying on the operating theatre my wife wasn't fully aware of what was happening, all the monitors and panic was happening behind her head. Think I'll hold off on telling her for a while yet.

They are still in hospital, that's where I am every day as well. My wife had a slightly high temperature before the C section, although alright now, and very understandable given what she had just been through. So they are giving our daughter antibiotics as a precaution incase anything was passed on, and she's a little jaundiced. Hopefully home on Friday for the weekend to see Norn Iron skelp the hosts, a la Spain before.Ā 

My firstĀ set of twins came 7 weeks early because the wife's blood pressure was through the roof, the doctor told me she was in real danger if they didn't get them out ASAP. I was in a total daze had to be lead to the theatre by the sis in law only to walk in and see about 20Ā young docs standing watching at the bottom of the theatre the wife knew none of this because of the curtain. Anyway 60 seconds later twoĀ rather small but healthy boys I'm in tears the wife is in tears, I get up to go with them to special care the young docs all cheer I wave back and walk straight into the door frame the place is roaring with laughter and I hear the wife ask the nurse what's the fool did now. :lol:Ā 

Congratulations to you both mate...great result. Life won't be the same again.

I clearly remember my daughter being born by the C section and watching every second of it (I'm not good with that sort of hospitalĀ stuff to be honest) and it was awesome. I also remember chinning the medical staff about the green gown and wellies that I had to wear too.Ā 

3 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Went with the wife to hospital on Sunday morning, bang on her due date,Ā she hadĀ a lot of bleeding. So 36 hours later, every pain killer known to man, the baby was stuck, horrific watching the pain my wife had to go through, and thenĀ there had to be a caesarean section, but now we have a healthy baby girl, our first born.Ā  Mother recovering well, father still traumatized. Was in the theatre for the C Section, they lost the baby'sĀ heartbeat, emergency buzzer called, Ā butĀ they got the heartbeatĀ back. Still haven't made my wife aware of that, she was to tired andĀ out of itĀ at that time on the theatreĀ to fully notice.

My wee country get through to the last 16 in the Euros, absolutely amazing, the support has been such a credit as well. Last night I would've loved to be in France or Northern Ireland, but my daughter had other plans. Proud, proud Ulster man.

And as an added bonus, that always gives an embarrassedĀ shake of the head and a chuckle, the demented who eat, sleep and breath a Club they say is dead, shown up to be yet againĀ the most petty, pathetic, obsessed sad sacks going doh. Not only did they get a cunt made outta them once more,Ā they also inadvertently got UEFA to confirm yet again what all sane people alreadyĀ knew, then, now, forever. It's like the ASA judgment on steroids :lol:

Bear's Den I hear you cry?Ā  Well, the main thrust of this thread is the birth of my little Blue Belle daughter, who already has a brick placed in her name at Ibrox. And as soon as is practically possible, I will have her up to Ibrox to pose proudly beside her brick on the Colin Stein wall. So very much Bear's Den stuff.

All I need now isĀ for us toĀ get the defence sorted, and an out and out striker and it'll be Kingaling heaven for Siam :D

Ā 

Quality mate , good to see such a positive post.

Congrats enjoy te next 12 years or so, take photos every week so you can look back with her. Ā After they hit the teens, it's all downhill. Ā Seriously, enjoy your week aND look forward to some great times ahead.

Will she be at her first game in August or will you wait till she's a bit older, January perhps:lol:

My girl and boy were both born through the sunroof 18 and 16 yrs ago and thankfully both were plannedĀ and went smoothly without the stress of labour .Definitely the best years of my life wereĀ when my kids were young soĀ enjoy it m8 cause it goes in fast, it becomes a little trickier when they form opinions Ā ? and sadly you'll not have much need of a WALLET for quite a few years. Congratulations to you both.

6 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Went with the wife to hospital on Sunday morning, bang on her due date,Ā she hadĀ a lot of bleeding. So 36 hours later, every pain killer known to man, the baby was stuck, horrific watching the pain my wife had to go through, and thenĀ there had to be a caesarean section, but now we have a healthy baby girl, our first born.Ā  Mother recovering well, father still traumatized. Was in the theatre for the C Section, they lost the baby'sĀ heartbeat, emergency buzzer called, Ā butĀ they got the heartbeatĀ back. Still haven't made my wife aware of that, she was to tired andĀ out of itĀ at that time on the theatreĀ to fully notice.

Ā 

Congratulations Siam.

Ā 

My daughter just finished her GCSEs today, and was born 8 weeks early with a C section, so I know the drill there.

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

My firstĀ set of twins came 7 weeks early because the wife's blood pressure was through the roof, the doctor told me she was in real danger if they didn't get them out ASAP. I was in a total daze had to be lead to the theatre by the sis in law only to walk in and see about 20Ā young docs standing watching at the bottom of the theatre the wife knew none of this because of the curtain. Anyway 60 seconds later twoĀ rather small but healthy boys I'm in tears the wife is in tears, I get up to go with them to special care the young docs all cheer I wave back and walk straight into the door frame the place is roaring with laughter and I hear the wife ask the nurse what's the fool did now. :lol:Ā 

Brilliant! :D

3 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Congratulations mate, it's a terrifying experience my son was born via emergency c-section too, it's hard watching the two people you care about the most in the world in danger at the same time.

That's exactly the way i was feeling.

I never, ever want to experience feelings like that again, all worth it in the end though, just left the hospital a short while ago, hopefully they are out on Friday.

Again, thanks everyone for posting, I run out of likes a good while ago.

Bales, sorry I mean Wales in the next round then, I reckon we'll do them :ulster: