All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

The guy who wrote the story is Gerry braiden, a local Govt correspondent. I'd be very surprised if it didn't grow arms and legs. Imho, board need to make a statement and nip it in the bud.

Hahaha id put money on mockery towards Braiden and the Times being the only thing that stems from this. 

Just now, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

If he doesn't like it here then Rangers have the advantage,Make him train with the youth team and play him in the under 20's and he'll soon get fed up by it all and hopefully rip up his deal.

Actually think it would be worth paying the million quid or whatever to keep that poisonous wee shite away from our youth players and the training ground in general.

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Actually think it would be worth paying the million quid or whatever to keep that poisonous wee shite away from our youth players and the training ground in general.

I say paying him off is the most sensible thing, Other wise it could cost the club more in bad PR and compensation

26 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Can't see the support being happy a guy signed a couple of months ago and being given a million pound pay off after 5 games.

You simply keep him here,train with the youths,Don't put him in the first team squad,Now and then put him on the bench and bring him on with a minute to go.

The club isn't in any position to throw around a million quid or more and Barton should be leaving on our terms not his.

9 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Here it is and what Gerry 'I'm a hate-filled bastard' Braiden ran with...

wrxhrb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/alfie.briggs

Is that honestly how easy it is? an absolute fucking nobody get's in touch with a newspaper and says "I think" and all of a sudden they print hysterical nonsense about us forcing Barton out because he's a Catholic?

Are the mainstream media in Scotland never held to account off regulatory bodies anymore or something? it's unprofessional and amateur at best and a hateful smear campaign at worst.

Where's that fucking idiot that talks about Protestant paranoia on here away to now ....

8 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Can't see the support being happy a guy signed a couple of months ago and being given a million pound pay off after 5 games.

You simply keep him here,train with the youths,Don't put him in the first team squad,Now and then put him on the bench and bring him on with a minute to go.

The club isn't in any position to throw around a million quid or more and Barton should be leaving on our terms not his.

Yes, I agree with the last bit.

But inflicting his poisonous character and his bullshit on the youth set-up is something I would not like to see happen anytime.

12 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Here it is and what Gerry 'I'm a hate-filled bastard' Braiden ran with...

wrxhrb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/alfie.briggs

This could have serious consequences for the club if not handled right. Look into UN HCHR/ European court of Human rights and various other organisations. I'd pay him off quick. 

14 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

This could have serious consequences for the club if not handled right. Look into UN HCHR/ European court of Human rights and various other organisations. I'd pay him off quick. 

Why? that sounds like an admission of guilt from us if we are looking for ways to pay him off quick in that manner with the threat of Human Rights organisations - what do they have to do with anything.

He's in the wrong, not us. I'd be looking to reach a settlement but one that suits us not just giving him all his money for the sake of it.

This needs handled correctly but if our club weren't such gutless shitebag cunts I'd be taking this Alfie Briggs chancer and the Herald/Times group to court over it whilst revoking any press rights they have.

Not that we will. It will be sausage rolls, tea and biscuits for them all next presser. In no doubt about that.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why? that sounds like an admission of guilt from us if we are looking for pays to pay him off quick.

He's in the wrong, not us. I'd be looking to reach a settlement but one that suits us not just giving him all his money for the sake of it.

This needs handled correctly but if our club weren't such gutless shitebag cunts I'd be taking Alfie Briggs chancer and the Herland/Times group to court over it whilst revoking any press rights they have.

Not that we will. It will be sausage rolls, tea and biscuits for them all next presser. In no doubt about that.

Not going to go into that. Eyes and ears. It needs handled correctly but Imo I'd pay him off quick and have done with the matter.

11 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Virtuoso... Who's alfie Briggs ?

Can someone screengrab what Braiden wrote before he edited it.

I haven't got a screenshot of his comments, only a cut n' paste - but I'm sure someone will have. 

Alfie Briggs:

http://www.thompsons-scotland.co.uk/the-team/62-michael-briggs

Or as TMTBCT puts it:

https://twitter.com/ManTheBheastCan/status/778366544451633152

That disgraceful article cannot be allowed to fly!

The Herald should be made aware exactly what 'Gerry' has said and with the publicity that will come from it I can't see him being in a job for very long.

As for the 'lawyer' I don't know who he works for but I'm sure whoever they are they won't like the publicity that will be coming their way either when it gets out they have a hate filled bigot working for them.

Rangers need to highlight this disgraceful article with a statement on the official website Gerry Braiden cannot be allowed to escape justice by quickly deleting the offending text.

Just now, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

As for the 'lawyer' I don't know who he works for but I'm sure whoever they are they won't like the publicity that will be coming their way either when it gets out they have a hate filled bigot working for them.

http://www.thompsons-scotland.co.uk/the-team/62-michael-briggs

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

That disgraceful article cannot be allowed to fly!

The Herald should be made aware exactly what 'Gerry' has said and with the publicity that will come from it I can't see him being in a job for very long.

Rangers need to highlight this disgraceful article with a statement on the official website Gerry Braiden cannot be allowed to escape justice by quickly deleting the offending text.

Club need to be made aware of this, so that can act accordingly.

Hadn't a fucking clue what religion he was and I don't care, to be frank.

We've signed many Catholic players throughout our history, and from the very start of our history, unlike a certain other club who were founded to be only be sectarian. 

For long periods, Catholic players listened to their priests and refused to sign for us. Yet we got the rap for it. The reality was that Scottish Catholics of that era had a sectarian signing policy against Rangers. 

No wonder they wanted to pretend it was the other way, given their penchant for playing the imaginary victim card.

So here we have another bigoted cretin trying to shoe-horn an irrelevant falsehood into the narrative and a national paper runs with it.

To call them delusional, does an injustice to the concept of delusion.

I think the Evening Times have a case to answer here. 

1 minute ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

We've signed many Catholic players throughout our history, and from the very start of our history, unlike a certain other club who were founded to be only be sectarian. 

For long periods, Catholic players listened to their priests and refused to sign for us. Yet we got the rap for it. The reality was that Scottish Catholics of that era had a sectarian signing policy against Rangers. 

No wonder they wanted to pretend it was the other way, given their penchant for playing the imaginary victim card.

So here we have another bigoted cretin trying to shoe-horn an irrelevant falsehood into the narrative and a national paper runs with it.

If someone has a phone number for PM, could the story be retracted by morning?

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

If someone has a phone number for PM, could the story be retracted by morning?

Hold the back page!

Why would you want it retracted?

Everyone and their pal's mate's granny should get to see it for what it is.

4 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

and the fact that St Mary's, the Chapel that hosted the meetings when Celtic FC were getting started - the priest in there hid guns for the Provo's in the chapel for a potential assault on us - if that's the route they decided to go down at the time.

Incidentally the same chapel that Tommy Burns (the super-Celt that could do no wrong in the eyes of the Scottish media and a section of our support too) his family have been dyed-in-the-wool members of for generations spanning those periods.