All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

44 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Correct, as Blue Avenger has already confirmed.

A bit of sanity on the thread at last :belm:

I've clearly missed something. Have posters suggested that the Barton fiasco is a ploy on the part of Andy Halliday to be made captain?

this thread is a mind fuck. 

5 minutes ago, KWBear said:

I've clearly missed something. Have posters suggested that the Barton fiasco is a ploy on the part of Andy Halliday to be made captain?

this thread is a mind fuck. 

It's much much worse I'm afraid. He's recruited wee Mckay into his schemes as well.

ca1e82814fbabf4703590d43509c7f4c2c1ce240

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

It's much much worse I'm afraid. He's recruited wee Mckay into his schemes as well.

ca1e82814fbabf4703590d43509c7f4c2c1ce240

I like this forum due to the fact that unlike certain other forums, fans on here are allowed to voice their frustrations in respect of the recent shambles that is our recruitment policy, action (or inaction) by the board in critical situations, and atrocious team selections / naivety by the management in crunch ties resulting in our worst start to a league campaign in fuck knows how long, to name but a few "controversial" topics. 

On here there is a healthy level of suspicion / scepticism, which when voiced on the aforementioned "other forums" it results in utter derision and toys out the pram responses from pant-wetters who refuse to accept that dave king might be a joker and that warburton might not have a fucking clue what he's doing. 

this though, if true - conspiracies among playing staff to cause division within the dressing room in order to somehow shoehorn themselves into the role of team or club captain - is fucking mental. 

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

I like this forum due to the fact that unlike certain other forums, fans on here are allowed to voice their frustrations in respect of the recent shambles that is our recruitment policy, action (or inaction) by the board in critical situations, and atrocious team selections / naivety by the management in crunch ties resulting in our worst start to a league campaign in fuck knows how long, to name but a few "controversial" topics. 

On here there is a healthy level of suspicion / scepticism, which when voiced on the aforementioned "other forums" it results in utter derision and toys out the pram responses from pant-wetters who refuse to accept that dave king might be a joker and that warburton might not have a fucking clue what he's doing. 

this though, if true - conspiracies among playing staff to cause division within the dressing room in order to somehow shoehorn themselves into the role of team or club captain - is fucking mental. 

:belm:

2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

That's what Andy wants you to think , don't fall victim to his sleekit deception ... 

:wink:

2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Take IT your shagging one of the sites mods ?:001:

6 hours ago, BEE said:

My point is guys like Green etc. came out giving it, 'No Surrender' etc. and the majority of the support lapped it up. The majority were also ecstatic when Whyte took over.

I think the days of blindly supporting every decision made by the club should be long behind us.

I don't think anyone's doing that though. From the information we have, I think we made the right call. We've made the wrong one on plenty of other occasions.

1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

I don't think anyone's doing that though. From the information we have, I think we made the right call. We've made the wrong one on plenty of other occasions.

Getting on the verge of this being relevant to boardroom section but I can pick out a fair few issues with King and the board.

Thing is after what 96 pages, the long and the short of it is that Barton will be going nowhere, they don't have the grounds to get rid, a row at training won't do it unless he smacked someone, name calling won't, as for the betting considering we had a player who bet against his own team and stayed shows that there is probably no grounds there, so he will be back so might as well get used to it, no if he still plays is another issue all together!

6 minutes ago, mus said:

Thing is after what 96 pages, the long and the short of it is that Barton will be going nowhere, they don't have the grounds to get rid, a row at training won't do it unless he smacked someone, name calling won't, as for the betting considering we had a player who bet against his own team and stayed shows that there is probably no grounds there, so he will be back so might as well get used to it, no if he still plays is another issue all together!

We only have a few months then we can get the prick out of our club worst case.

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Halliday was singing the sash with Windass and it offended Barton

Andy is paying Joey's wages to keep the board on his side and retain the captain's armband.

David King was quoted as saying "And I thought I was sleekit!"

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I hear Andy is paying Joey's wages to keep the board on his side and retain the captain's armband.

True Ranger.:21:

He IS also refusing any wages as the honour IS more than enough for him, he has ask for his wages to be put INto c1872 to help pay wages. Staunch or what ?

To suspend any staff member for a 5 week period means either something serious happened or it's become personal between manager and player. Maybe Barton has been trying to undermine a few players and the manager.  Nobody knows and it think the thread should be locked until we know exactly what's happening. We now have a rumour that warburton never signed him, that Andy Halliday caused it and that josh windass is a wimp.  And now the usuals are rounding on the board 

9 hours ago, B1872 said:

And you know this for a fact? You're part of these confidential meetings? Or can you tell the future? Geez peace FS! ?

No, but in my opinion, we will have to pay him off so there is no using that money to bring someone else in. You seem the think otherwise. Are you privy to these meetings or merely giving your opinion?

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

To suspend any staff member for a 5 week period means either something serious happened or it's become personal between manager and player. Maybe Barton has been trying to undermine a few players and the manager.  Nobody knows and it think the thread should be locked until we know exactly what's happening. We now have a rumour that warburton never signed him, that Andy Halliday caused it and that josh windass is a wimp.  And now the usuals are rounding on the board 

Dean Windass doesn't seem like the type of guy who would raise a shite bag tbf