*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

Whatever happens it would be great if we do get a guy in, maybe from the left field, who can transform the style of football we play.
I'm hoping for fresh ideas and a complete change in footballing philosophy.
I hope the new board aren't forgoing a short term managerial fix simply because they don't want someone to hold the distinction of being a Rangers manager for only 2 months before the next guy after that comes in. IMHO a short term managerial fix is urgently required, as is a long term solution, because promotion is still a possibility.
I'd take someone like McCall until the end of the season.

My impression from the King and Co interviews was that it would take weeks if not months before they brought a new guy in. Even seemed slightly unsure whether they'd appoint someone before the end of the season, saying it needed time to properly think about it. Would be very surprised if it was happening this quickly.

My impression from the King and Co interviews was that it would take weeks if not months before they brought a new guy in. Even seemed slightly unsure whether they'd appoint someone before the end of the season, saying it needed time to properly think about it. Would be very surprised if it was happening this quickly.

Yip got that impression also but I think after watching the team on Saturday I am sure this board must be saying we need to go up but this Management team wont get us there, priority must be to bring a Manager/coach in now.

Yip got that impression also but I think after watching the team on Saturday I am sure this board must be saying we need to go up but this Management team wont get us there, priority must be to bring a Manager/coach in now.

But surely as fans they have known for months/years that the team is shite along with Ally/Kenny/Ian and would have put some thought into what needed to be done short term, rather than say if we do not go up then that is OK. I think it is far from OK. :(

I have done my own shortlist of 10 potential managers we could look at. Let me know your thoughts. (In list of preference)

Viktor Goncharenko - Unemployed (former BATE Borisov)

Markus Weinzierl - Augsburg

Sami Hyypia - Unemployed

Paco Jamez - Rayo Vallecano

Glen Riddersholm - FC Midtjylland

Gaizka Garitano - Eibar

Rui Vitoria - Guimaraes

Marquinhos Santos - Coritiba

Paulo Wanchope - Costa Rica

Hector Tapia - Colo Colo

I have done my own shortlist of 10 potential managers we could look at. Let me know your thoughts. (In list of preference)

Sami Hyypia - Unemployed

Gaizka Garitano - Eibar

Rui Vitoria - Guimaraes

Hector Tapia - Colo Colo

No disrespect but no to them all

Sami Hyypia - Unemployed

Gaizka Garitano - Eibar

Rui Vitoria - Guimaraes

Hector Tapia - Colo Colo

:lol:

Are those real people? Personally think we should be going for hublio w t f marcentos from wolfsburg united.

Sami Hyypia - Unemployed

Gaizka Garitano - Eibar

Rui Vitoria - Guimaraes

Hector Tapia - Colo Colo

I'd love to see us go for Goncharenko. Very surprised to see he's unemployed, any idea what happened there? He's been fantastic for bate over the last few years. Weinzierl is another whose done a fantastic job with a small club and small budget. He had augsberg playing very decent football and punching well above their weight in the bundesliga. Jamez is in the same boat despite getting a spanking from barca at the weekend they've had a great season. As a side note, their top scorer and top scoring spaniard in La Liga, bueno, is out of contract in the summer and wouldn't be on huge wages. A possible double swoop if we managed to get promoted and had a little money to spend on wages. Hyypia is the only one on the list I'd be wary of. He's really struggled in his managerial career so far and in all fairness he took took over two good sides and went backwards with both. Not to sure about many of the others in all honesty. And chance you could give a quick summary of the other guys in your list?

Sami Hyypia - Unemployed

Gaizka Garitano - Eibar

Rui Vitoria - Guimaraes

Hector Tapia - Colo Colo

Great knowledge mate. Some cracking names in there.

I'd love to see us go for Goncharenko. Very surprised to see he's unemployed, any idea what happened there? He's been fantastic for bate over the last few years. Weinzierl is another whose done a fantastic job with a small club and small budget. He had augsberg playing very decent football and punching well above their weight in the bundesliga. Jamez is in the same boat despite getting a spanking from barca at the weekend they've had a great season. As a side note, their top scorer and top scoring spaniard in La Liga, bueno, is out of contract in the summer and wouldn't be on huge wages. A possible double swoop if we managed to get promoted and had a little money to spend on wages. Hyypia is the only one on the list I'd be wary of. He's really struggled in his managerial career so far and in all fairness he took took over two good sides and went backwards with both. Not to sure about many of the others in all honesty. And chance you could give a quick summary of the other guys in your list?

Goncharenko - Went to Russia like most people in that region do but it seemed there was too much politics at Kuban and he was sacked after 12 games or something. Still only 37 so will get a club soon no doubt!

Riddersholm - 42, worked with Danish youth prior to this job. Got Midtjylland competing with a basically one club league and in the CL and this season is running away with the league.

Wanchope - 38, Recently appointed head coach after winning the Copa CentroAmerica as Interim manager so maybe an unrealistic target. Was assistant with Costa Rica for 4 years.

Tapia - 37, Won the Clausara for the first time in 5 years with a record number of goals. He's a local hero though so again maybe slightly unrealistic.

Garitano - 39, took Eibar from the 3rd tier of Spanish football to La Liga and is looking likely to keep them up this season against all the odds as Eibar is the smallest city in La Liga history. Hailed for his attitude towards how he plays against Real/Barca. Potentially a very exciting manager.

Vitoria - 44, won the League cup with both Pacos Ferreira and Guimaraes, been at the club for 4 years now.

Santos - 35, highly rated in Brazil (Tim Vickery recommends), he done well at Curitiba then was sacked unfairly went to Bahia and struggled before being begged back to Curitiba.

Another one I seen mentioned by somebody else was Thomas Tuchel which would be a very good shout.

I just think these types of managers are ones we should be looking at. Thinking outside the box. For those saying they are horrible choices, Mark Warburton and Cathro aren't exactly miles better than them.

Goncharenko - Went to Russia like most people in that region do but it seemed there was too much politics at Kuban and he was sacked after 12 games or something. Still only 37 so will get a club soon no doubt!

Riddersholm - 42, worked with Danish youth prior to this job. Got Midtjylland competing with a basically one club league and in the CL and this season is running away with the league.

Wanchope - 38, Recently appointed head coach after winning the Copa CentroAmerica as Interim manager so maybe an unrealistic target. Was assistant with Costa Rica for 4 years.

Tapia - 37, Won the Clausara for the first time in 5 years with a record number of goals. He's a local hero though so again maybe slightly unrealistic.

Garitano - 39, took Eibar from the 3rd tier of Spanish football to La Liga and is looking likely to keep them up this season against all the odds as Eibar is the smallest city in La Liga history. Hailed for his attitude towards how he plays against Real/Barca. Potentially a very exciting manager.

Vitoria - 44, won the League cup with both Pacos Ferreira and Guimaraes, been at the club for 4 years now.

Santos - 35, highly rated in Brazil (Tim Vickery recommends), he done well at Curitiba then was sacked unfairly went to Bahia and struggled before being begged back to Curitiba.

Another one I seen mentioned by somebody else was Thomas Tuchel which would be a very good shout.

I just think these types of managers are ones we should be looking at. Thinking outside the box. For those saying they are horrible choices, Mark Warburton and Cathro aren't exactly miles better than them.

Cheers for the info mate. I couldn't agree more with your line of thinking outside the box. I'm so sick and tired of seeing us linked with the same boring names over and over again, Davies, mccall, mccinnes etc etc. I know lots of fans will be sceptical about a foreign coach with no ties to the club and no experience in this country after the plg debacle but I honestly believe that kind of young, forward thinking new age manager is exactly what we need. I also firmly believe fans would be far more open to a change in management style of training and preparation nowadays compared to the plg era and with the majority of the squad likely to leave in the summer it's the perfect opportunity for a manager with a radical new mindset to keep the players willing to buy into a new vision and hopefully bring in some hungry young talented players we can improve in the future and sell for a profit.

I just hope the new board are looking at all options rather than the same old names we are constantly linked with which are imo uninspiring to say the least.

Interesting post and names, would give any of them a go tbh, just can't see the board being that bold - we're already hearing shouts to put smith back in charge from some fans, would love to see someone in charge that can actually develop the team long term but we're still plagued with the short term thinking that got us into this situation

When i first seen the list it read like a Mexican drug cartel but respect is due for your knowledge in this area

Heard Stale Stensaas is highly regarded as youth coach at Rosenberg and may well be one for the future..