*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

His last spell at Forest went tits up tbh after a good start. And I think temparent is a huge part of being a manager, coming across as a paranoid loony will hardly inspire confidence in your players. Well unless you manage in the east end of Glasgow.

Oh I agree about his temperament completely. I think it should absolutely rule him out as a candidate but i don't think he will get the job anyway.

All I've heard is that Pereira had essentially signed pending promotion.

McCall and McInnes are non-starters. There's still tentative discussions with Pereira and at least two or three others. I've also heard a couple of baffling names recently from a couple of questionable sources :lol:

McCall and McInnes are non-starters. There's still tentative discussions with Pereira and at least two or three others. I've also heard a couple of baffling names recently from a couple of questionable sources :lol:

Good baffling Al or shite ones :lol:

I'm not saying your wrong but for what I know 100% We were speaking to warbutons people prior/during the playoffs . It may have been as a back up I honestly don't know but informal discussions leading to slightly more than that took place ,

This is just a wind-up resulting from the prolonged silence from the Board (which creates the opportunity to create utterly wild card ideas about what happens next). So.......maybe they defer a decision until half way through the season when things may be more affordable and in the interim recall McCoist from gardening leave to manage the team until his time runs out in Dec. The Board is already paying McCoist and if there is an affordability problem until his notice period expires why not recall him to managerial duty and lengthen the search period for his replacement. This theory - this very wild card theory - is of course based on the premise that the reinstatement of McCoist would be an enabler for the other part of Board's efforts to re-set the expectations of the Support by ensuring that we'd be in the Championship for another season or more beyond this coming one. Which gives he Board bags of time to find the 'right' replacement and to figure out how to find money to invest in the Club.

Ridiculous isn't it? But that's life when the Board is bunkered down in soundproof rooms and only speaking to themselves. Which is just as ridiculous given the patently obvious traumas the Club and Support has suffered due to the malfunctions of one gross sort or another of this Board's recent predecessors. This Board just starts to look like it malfunctions too - its just a different sort of malfunction we are seeing.

My mate spoke to one of the players (who are still here) a few days ago for 10 mins at his work, the player said he expected Warburton and Weir to come in. This was maybe 5/6 days ago and he may not have been basing it on solid info, probably just going with the paper talk.