***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have been starting to think for a couple of days this has been the plan and the Big Eck story has just been that, a story from the media. If they were going to appoint Eck he would have been in on Tuesday of this week IMO.

I think it might be a risk going with Murty, but I hope he can step up to the plate and get us second and while it is a long shot win the cup.

Nope.

We approached Eck.

23 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

For the interim manager ?

I have no inside info and if you are correct then fine, it was just my reading of the situation looking at the time scale,Ā he has obviously turned down whatever he was asked to do.

Yes mate.

McLeish as interim with Rae as his number 2.Ā Another user I told mentioned this the day of the Morton game.

I've not heard anything from the guy since so I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to if he knocked it back or not.

I'm no bothered if people believe me or not, I'm just passing on what I was told and I believe the guy to be pretty spot on given his career, shall we say.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Just seen on Twitter it will be Murty till the end of the season. McLeish wanted to be considered for either manager or DoF after interim period was over which isn't happening.

Why, because The Dude's site is speculating? Where did you see this? If it was true it would be everywhere by now.

49 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have been starting to think for a couple of days this has been the plan and the Big Eck story has just been that, a story from the media. If they were going to appoint Eck he would have been in on Tuesday of this week IMO.

I think it might be a risk going with Murty, but I hope he can step up to the plate and get us second and while it is a long shot win the cup.

Mcleish wantsĀ either the DOF or manager job next season hence why he's not got caretaker job yet.

6 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Yes mate.

McLeish as interim with Rae as his number 2.Ā Another user I told mentioned this the day of the Morton game.

I've not heard anything from the guy since so I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to if he knocked it back or not.

I'm no bothered if people believe me or not, I'm just passing on what I was told and I believe the guy to be pretty spot on given his career, shall we say.

I certainly believe you mate, I think I know the other poster you mean (not personally) and always believe what he puts up. I was just starting to think that maybe there was crossed wires in the story or a change of direction from the board.

Anyway thanks for your info. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mcleish wantsĀ either the DOF or manager job next season hence why he's not got caretaker job yet.

Cheers mate, I can understand why he would want that. I assume if GM manages to get a result on Sunday then Eck might not be needed as interim. :thinking:

Would be happy enough to pass over Eck.Ā 

I have no idea what this team would make of his tactics and they are certainly not fitted to his style of play. He doesn't have the luxury of match winners and real quality players.Ā  TBH he has not done anything in management for a long time. It would be same old story I think, with a fair bit of spend.

2 minutes ago, scott_22 said:

Sorry if been posted just seen on daily mail

Ā 

Ā 

Craig Moore is latest to be linked with new role at Glasgow giants

Former defender won Treble under Alex McLeish during his spell at Rangers

41-year-old Australian has impressed in similar position at Brisbane RoarĀ 

Former Rangers captain Craig Moore has emerged as a potential contender for the director of football role at Ibrox.

The 41-year-old Australian has developed a solid reputation in a similar post at Brisbane Roar, who recently ruined Carlos Tevezā€™s debut for Shanghai Shenhua by defeating the super-rich Chinese club in the Asian Champions League.

Moore has guided the A-League sideā€™s recruitment policy and contract negotiations since his appointment in 2015. He previously developed a network of wider contacts during a role as a mentor and advisor to international players with Football Federation Australia.

200w.gif

Just thinking out loud here, and wondering if anyone else has thought the same. Wenger.

I heard his comment today that he'll make a decision in March/April, and it struck a chord that FDB will do likewise. Would/Could it be possible that FdB will move to Arsenal in the summer, leaving Wenger out a job. Wenger seems certain he will be managing next season, regardless if it's at Arsenal or not.

So, would we be able to afford Wenger? (I don't think he's that motivated by money).Ā Would he come here? And would he still have the hunger to start from scratch? I think he's a tired looking man at Arsenal and his tactics are stagnating. Perhaps a new challenge could motivate him to take a fresh look at things?

Like I say....probably a bit of a moonbeam, but just thinking out loud!

I know Frank's name is out there and everyone seems obsessed with getting a "Rangers man" in so what's the chance of us enticing Gio Van Bronckhorst? Hes a former player who's actually having good success as a manager in a league that's not ridiculously far from ours standards and standing wise.Ā 

31 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Just thinking out loud here, and wondering if anyone else has thought the same. Wenger.

I heard his comment today that he'll make a decision in March/April, and it struck a chord that FDB will do likewise. Would/Could it be possible that FdB will move to Arsenal in the summer, leaving Wenger out a job. Wenger seems certain he will be managing next season, regardless if it's at Arsenal or not.

So, would we be able to afford Wenger? (I don't think he's that motivated by money).Ā Would he come here? And would he still have the hunger to start from scratch? I think he's a tired looking man at Arsenal and his tactics are stagnating. Perhaps a new challenge could motivate him to take a fresh look at things?

He's on 8m a year...

31 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Ā 

giphy.gif