McCoist says we need more money not a DoF

dan_ger

As title, can't paste on my phone. Not surprised, McCoist didn't seem interested in the long term but he has a point regarding immediate success. We won't get it unless someone spends some big money. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/693184/ally-mccoist-says-claims-director-of-football-will-solve-problems-at-rangers-are-absolute-garbage-and-nonsense/

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

As title, can't paste on my phone. Not surprised, McCoist didn't seem interested in the long term but he has a point regarding immediate success. We won't get it unless someone spends some big money. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/693184/ally-mccoist-says-claims-director-of-football-will-solve-problems-at-rangers-are-absolute-garbage-and-nonsense/

The first line nails it.

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE AllyMcCoist.:whistle:

That is spot on, I don't give one fuck at what he is gobbing on about.

Guys a money grabbing prick and learned from the WS old school style of management. The games moved on, we've moved on and he hasn't. 

He was a monumental failure as a manager, and hasn't worked in football since - so I'll take his opinion with a giant pinch of salt. 

A DoF isn't nessecarily the correct structure, but I couldn't give a fuck what he thinks is. 

Only thing he's correct on is that we need money to spend - ironic, given that he's robbed the club with penny shares, gardening leave and not voting on resolution 10 (or 11). 

And that's without touching on the wages of Ian Black, Kevin Kyle et al. 

Ally McCoist brands claims director of football will solve Rangers’ problems as “absolute garbage” and “nonsense”

McCoist - whose comments come after Ross Wilson rejected Ibrox offer - says Jock Stein, Sir Alex Ferguson and Walter Smith didn't need one...and insists investment is key

By Robert Collins

8th March 2017, 3:52 pm

Updated: 8th March 2017, 4:38 pm

FORMER Rangers boss Ally McCoist insists it is “absolute garbage” for anyone to believe that a director of football will solve the problems at Ibrox.

A new management structure is being put in place at the club following the departure of ex-manager Mark Warburton and his staff.

Ally is unconvinced a director of football will solve Gers problems

It has been reported director of scouting and recruitment at Southampton, Ross Wilson, turned down the chance to become director of football with the Light Blues.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

While under-20s boss Graeme Murty is currently in charge of the first team, Rangers – led by chairman Dave King – are trying to finalise a deal to bring Portuguese coach Pedro Caixinha in as manager.

Gers trail rivals Celtic by 33 points ahead of their Ladbrokes Premiership meeting at Parkhead on Sunday.

McCoist – the former striker and assistant manager who was also Rangers boss between 2011 and 2014 – believes “massive investment” is the key to a change in fortunes.

He said: “I am not against a director of football but it is absolute garbage if anyone thinks that a director of football is going to solve Rangers’ problems right now.

Ross Wilson has snubbed the chance to become Rangers' director of football

Pedro Caixinha will be Rangers boss once he gets nod from Al-Gharafa chairman to fly to Scotland

“It is nonsense. I have never heard so much nonsense in all my life.

“Did Jock Stein have a director of football? Alex Ferguson, Walter Smith, Martin O’Neill? No.

“What they needed was a club run very well and financial backing and that is what is required at Rangers.

“The boy at Southampton, Ross Wilson. What is his budget at Southampton? I don’t know but I would bet it is millions. Is he going to come to Rangers and solve the problem with no budget?

“The answer is no.

Southampton recruitment chief said no to Gers

Chairman Dave King claims to have invested £18 million in the club

“Ross Wilson is clearly very good at what he does but my point is he is backed financially to do what he wants to do.

“Rangers need investment, that is exactly what is needed.

“Clearly you don’t want to put the club in any financial trouble again. That goes without saying.

Rangers hope to tie up deal for Portuguese coach Caixinha

“But for Rangers to improve on the park, massive investment is needed.

“I couldn’t tell you where it is going to come from, I can only tell you what I think is going to solve the problem.

“I know there has been a bit of money spent but I think we need serious investment.”

Meanwhile reports elsewhere claim Rangers have shelved their director-of-football plans for now.

Alison Conroy – a senior sports reporter for Radio Clyde – tweeted: “Rangers still confident of getting P Caixinha as manager.

“No Ross Wilson & they now see director of football as a longer term project…”

1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

Valid points made by him and much the same views as on here as it's pointless without investment but spiv, fat bastard, leech and whatever else you want to call him.

tbis place is extremely sad at times 

Sorry but that is bullshit.

Are you saying clubs that have no money for transfer fees don't bother scouting players and trying to find players they can a) loan or b) sign on free transfers?

Yes money helps obviously but to say it's pointless is a bit much.

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Valid points made by him and much the same views as on here as it's pointless without investment but spiv, fat bastard, leech and whatever else you want to call him.

tbis place is extremely sad at times 

The difference is the people on here put money in year after year, Ally was stealing a living from us pretending to be a manager.