Having to work with that pedo bastard Archer must have been difficult though 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Haud the bus, Sky can't compete with BT financially? You serious?

As previously quoted, BT can blow Sky out of the water financially and Sky know it!

They have a war chest set aside to buy as many sporting events as possible, if you need further proof , look at the figure they paid for exclusive CL rights.

Next up is the EPL rights , and make no mistake, BT will massively outbid Sky and win 75% of the coverage including Super Sunday.

I have dealt with BT Sports Commercial Director and this comes straight from the horses mouth.

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

SKY can't compete with BT? ... I could be wrong but I'd have thought it was the other way around.

Any games BT take is the ones SKY don't want. Make no mistake. 

BT would be doing SKY a favour taking the Scottish games. Why does Scotland think we're owed something from SKY? this wee Highlander mentality is mental. It's a pish product. If you feel strongly about it cancel your SKY subscription or something.

Depends which games they bought nobody watches the Saturday EFL games on SLY their ratings are dross.

17 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Could be another Setanta in the making. I'm sure Sky have done the maths.

BT are nothing like Setanta, they're a huge British institution, Setanta was run on a shoestring with no real projection for sustained profitability

7 hours ago, Blue72 said:

BT total revenue, the company is made up of a number of different subsidiaries delivering varied services most of which are not satellite tv

Aye that's fair enough I was stupidly thinking like for like TV network only but still surprised it grosses SKY 

We should just have our own tv deals like the Spanish teams. I'm sick of propping up Scottish football with our name and cash. We need to look after number 1. The rest of Scottish football hates us so much so I'm sure they'll be gone about us getting our own deal and they won't be tied to us. :whistle:

54 minutes ago, Da Kool Blue said:

The thing with BT is it's not even about the football. I remember their CEO came out and said during the launch of BT Sport that they were using this a vehicle to increase broadband business. 

correct  

God knows when I last watched any European football on TV. Even English football I only watch the highlights if they happen to be on the channel I am watching at the time. I have more important things to do than watch matches not involving Rangers so Sky and Rupert Murdoch can go and fuck off as far as I am concerned.

28 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

If this does happen then BT MUST get rid of Sutton and Butcher...cringe to think hearing those clowns commentating on the old firm games...

Honestly can't see them even considering getting rid of Sutton mate.

12 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Wonder if this will make a somewhat difference to income if it happens, consideration the old firm games will give Sky one of their highest sport viewing audiences multiple times a season from now on, as it has done before. They'd no doubt continue giving the league pennies for it in return if they keep it.

Sky obviously can't compete with BT financially and they didn't even try to outbid them when they swiped the CL rights away from them, and BT will be well aware of the views they could have with 4+ old firm games a season, so not surprised they're wanting to have them.

Hopefully a successful BT deal would do us good. Sick of us getting fuck all from Sky - they keep Scotland on poverty row while pumping ridiculous amounts into the prem.

Have you got a link to that mate? If not, when are you saying this is going to happen?

Cheers.

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

The last commentator that seemed to have no hint of bias 

Those were the days ."What a stramash" 

Couldne beat big Monty

Having to work with that pedo bastard Archer must have been difficult though 

And Gerry McNee, whatever happened to that cunt ?

This thread is starting to make me laugh if ppl think bt sports are going to pump in the money scottish football needs am afraid your deluded the product is utter shite sure the clubs might get a better deal from bt but it wont be near what scottish fitba actually needs.

As for this sutton prick ppl really think bt would push him just because of gers fans they love it it keeps them in the news sutton is a very big part of bt sports scottish wise