Butcher's Son.

ForeverAndEver

Rangers legend Terry Butcher was in mourning last night after the sudden death of his troubled former Army Captain son.

Hero Christopher, 35, had fought in Afghanistan and the ex-Gers star had spoken in the past about eldest lad’s torment.

His brother Edward last night paid tribute to him after he passed away yesterday morning.

The 32-year-old said: “It is with the up most sadness that I regret to say that my brother Christopher Butcher has passed away this morning.

“My older brother was the best brother I can ever of asked for and his death has hit the entire family hard.

A source said: “Terry is understandably distraught, as are the whole family.

“It had really rocked them.”

Christopher had been based in Germany after fighting the Taliban.

Butcher, 58, revealed three years ago that he had been struggling to cope with the effects of war.

The former Ipswich and England star – capped 77 times by his national side – said at the time: “Unfortunately Chris is not in a good way right now.

“When he told me about going into that compound in Afghanistan, feeling the bullets pinging off his helmet, well…”

Struggling to hold himself together in the interview he said he couldn’t have been prouder of him.

Married Christopher – who had served with the Royal Artillery – wrote in his Facebook biography: “Left the Army and now just a moody bitter vet.”

He also posted a photo with the words: “You’ll  never have friends like the ones you made at war.”

Butcher was famed for playing on with a head bandage and shirt covered in blood in a 1989 World Cup qualifier against Sweden.

He and wife Rita, also have another son Alistair, 27.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/1710362/Rangers-terry-butcher-son-dead-tragic/amp/

RIP.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Married Christopher – who had served with the Royal Artillery – wrote in his Facebook biography: “Left the Army and now just a moody bitter vet.”

He also posted a photo with the words: “You’ll  never have friends like the ones you made at war.”

A real shame.
:rip: