Cummings

graeme_4

Cummings.  

709 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him up or let him go?

• Sign (£600k or so)
    • Let him go

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I don't know if he is or not, I'll reserve judgement until I see him under Gerrard.

So far we've watched him under poor management, I'm hoping Gerrard's team will be an upgrade.

I do not agree with the tactics used with Cummings so far, so think it's very unfair to judge him, or a lot of the players under rudderless and tactically inept Murty.

I don't think we'll see him under Gerrard. He's not done anything to justify wasting a fee on him. We would just be throwing money away and hoping he comes good.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don't think we'll see him under Gerrard. He's not done anything to justify wasting a fee on him. We would just be throwing money away and hoping he comes good.

Maybe, maybe not. We will see soon enough. Interesting times ahead.

Half the price and twice as useful as Herrera although my gran who’s been dead about 30 years is about as useful as that cunt.

Probably worth a punt at 600k but it doesn’t sound like Stevie wants guys who are ‘worth a punt’ in the squad plus Murphy is better wide left, El buffalo is a better striker and I think the attacking midfield role will be filed by a new signing after the manager has a look at Windass.

Limited ability and limited options to play, I’ll be surprised if he is here at the start of the season.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Didn’t see the game yesterday but needs to be playing regular to judge properly. I see enough in him to take a punt even if some daggers are out for him.

Morelos has been murder since he came back from Florida and little gets said about him.

I agree with this, apart from I'm not sure I've seen enough to take a punt. Pretty sure it's a done deal anyway.

He needs a run of games to be properly judged though and he's not had that, so I have sympathy for him.

Morelos has played a lot of games and not had a summer break, so I don't think that will have helped him.

Can see him angling to move away in the summer. That's what I take from his attitude since Florida.

I'd have dropped Morelos weeks ago and told him he needs to fight for his place. Test his attitude and commitment.

Murty was way too loyal to players. Windass and Morelos needed dropped for weeks, but he never saw it. 

The guy is a finisher, possibly the best we have right now after seeing some of Morelos’ misses recently. Trouble is he isn’t  getting -or the team setup isn’t allowing him to get - into positions where his talents are evident.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Didn’t see the game yesterday but needs to be playing regular to judge properly. I see enough in him to take a punt even if some daggers are out for him.

Morelos has been murder since he came back from Florida and little gets said about him.

He gets slatted tay fuck and rightly.

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Morelos has been playing continously for 18mths to be fair. Would like to see Stevie G and backroom team go to work on him after the summer break and see what player there is in there 

The two chances we had yesterday where you'd want Cummings in the box were in the second half when he wasn't on.

Halliday's cross from the left and Morelos' cross from the right both dangerous balls between keeper and defenders and in both situations we had no striker taking up that position.

One thing is for sure if we are going to have players like Cummings we have to use them to their strengths and let them get the goals a la Boyd's first time at Rangers when people slated him for doing little else other than scoring.......fine by me.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Scottish Championship. Only time he’s looked good has been against You'reer level opposition. 

Been totally ineffective in the SPL, aside from a few moments here and there. 

Ah, thought you meant the English Championship. We all need to be more specific when posting.

You

I wouldn't take him.

What I will say in his defence, and the same goes for Windass or Dorrans when he has been played further forward, is that the way we've been playing for months doesn't help guys playing centrally at all. We very rarely ever attack through the middle. It's too easy to call out a player as missing but when 90% of your play is trying to get the ball down the right for a cross then it's a waste of time having anyone in that role.

Our tactics are rank rotten.

Archived