Feel good factor coming back?

I had doubts about Gerrard but every doubt I had is worn away to nothing after hearing the good things people are saying about him,  zinidine Zidane now saying good things about Gerrard and is an he’s another one who was an superstar player an went into management an it’s not done Real Madrid much harm 

I just think the nearer it gets to him officially taking over an he gets a couple of exciting players in the whole club is going to be buzzing.

i don’t want to build my hopes up but I always do anyway must be sick in the nut.

thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I had doubts about Gerrard but every doubt I had is worn away to nothing after hearing the good things people are saying about him,  zinidine Zidane now saying good things about Gerrard and is an he’s another one who was an superstar player an went into management an it’s not done Real Madrid much harm 

I just think the nearer it gets to him officially taking over an he gets a couple of exciting players in the whole club is going to be buzzing.

i don’t want to build my hopes up but I always do anyway must be sick in the nut.

thoughts?

When he becomes manager we will see what we bring in and if they are of good quality (regardless of age at this moment in time) then that will show his standard. After that will be how the team is set up for a game and how we play, how his subs work to change the game and how he handles our rancid media.

Personally, only in my opinion, I can't see Stevie taking a loss easily and he will crack down on players who do not perform, we shall see.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Walter Smith backed McCoist as a manager.  At the end of the day, Gerrard could turn out to be a failure like McCoist or a success like Van Bronckhorst.  I honestly have no clue what to expect.  I wont get excited nor will their be any feel good factor until we start playing competitive games and we can see a real change happening on the pitch.

I know what your saying, the way this season went was a disgrace surely it can’t get worse than Pedro an murty

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Walter Smith backed McCoist as a manager.  At the end of the day, Gerrard could turn out to be a failure like McCoist or a success like Van Bronckhorst.  I honestly have no clue what to expect.  I wont get excited nor will their be any feel good factor until we start playing competitive games and we can see a real change happening on the pitch.

I can't see Gerrard baring his arse for target practice on the goal line.

11 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

zinidine Zidane now saying good things about Gerrard and is an he’s another one who was an superstar player an went into management an it’s not done Real Madrid much harm 

Good shout about Zidane and management.

Hell, I've even heard some tarriers say they want the Lego Muncher™ as their next boss.

I'm quietly confident about Gerrard. He's a legend of a footballer with a massive amount of knowledge from the best of them and I am desperate for this to just work for fucking once.

3 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I know what your saying, the way this season went was a disgrace surely it can’t get worse than Pedro an murty

I didn't think it could get any worse after McCoist left but we somehow manage to find new lows time and again.  Hopefully we've bottomed out with Murty and can only get better from here on out.  Question is how much better will we be under Gerrard?  If we fall behind celtic in terms of points early on, or lose the first couple of Old Firm games, the bubble will burst again and there will be calls to get Gerrard canned before Christmas.  The fans will say they're going to be patient and give him time but that's a load of shite.  

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nupe. 

I'm enjoying that we seem to be really busy on the transfer front but even if we get everyone we need in, the majority of the signings are good, we get out the deadwood that we need cleared and we have the squad numbers where we want them then that's us only 50% of the way there ... the other 50% is untested - I am referring to Gerrard and his managerial abilities and if he's the right man for us.

I've went through far too many false dawns these last 7-years. celtic have just completed a double treble, we haven't beated them in 90-minutes since 2012 and have suffered literally the worst ever defeats to them. 

I'm not telling anyone not to get all optimistic and excited as each new season there's always the sense of it being a fresh start and a chance to prove ourselves again but Skrtel tonight has sent me back a few notches - not everyone will agree but I worry something isn't right ... when it looked like we were going to pay 2.7-million for someone we seen as important with only a year left on his contract it looked like a statement of intent and we were finding money to lay it down and just get a title won and stop them doing 10 one way or another, but now I'm left wondering ... however, that could all change tomorrow because we could sign Lucas for 3-million and all of a sudden we flip flop way back over to the other side again. That's the nature of it.

It's going to be a long, long window. There will be up's, down's, good signings, bad signings, good names linked, shite names linked and not everyone will agree on 100% of who's all eventually signed but the time to start taking stock is when the transfer window slams shut and we can start to see what shape we take and what the players are like in regards to being good or bad signings. 

I don't trust this board to do anything right so forgive me for not getting carried away.

Fair play??

6 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I can't see Gerrard baring his arse for target practice on the goal line.

Maybe he will.  We have no idea how good or bad he is as a first-team coach.  He's never done this job before.

3 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Feel good factor=yes.

Comparing zidane to gerrard=no.

Nobody is nor are we comparing Rangers to Real Madrid, we’re talking about the feel good factor a manager like that can bring like Zidane obviously brought to real fans 

I've barely got the thought of this horrific season out of my mind yet, watching that lot parade about my local area in the South-side near Hampden on Saturday from 9am till 12:30 the next morning, stopping traffic and jumping on top of cars whilst spouting their incoherent bilge as the pubs were winging them out. I'm hardly in the feel good mode at the moment

I'm sure Gerrard will give the usual media platitudes and headlines, but we are getting used to lapping up the positve words - we need action now.

I'm just going to enjoy the World Cup, forget everything to do with this shower of a squad until we kick off again next month. 

Just now, Tomatasauce said:

Nobody is nor are we comparing Rangers to Real Madrid, we’re talking about the feel good factor a magager like that can bring like Zidane obviously brought to real fans 

Zidane is God like in football. I'm certainly listening to him and I'm sure Gerrard is a big fan.

The fact that Zidane is saying he will check our results is massive and is some free much needed publicity for this club.

eu0vf3f.gif.4b699c3b27ee8634ee313e50305ce9ba.gif

5 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Nobody is nor are we comparing Rangers to Real Madrid, we’re talking about the feel good factor a manager like that can bring like Zidane obviously brought to real fans 

You seem to think I misunderstood your post. I was merely offering my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I've barely got the thought of this horrific season out of my mind yet, watching that lot parade about my local area in the South-side near Hampden on Saturday from 9am till 12:30 the next morning, stopping traffic and jumping on top of cars whilst spouting their incoherent bilge as the pubs were winging them out. I'm hardly in the feel good mode at the moment

I'm sure Gerrard will give the usual media platitudes and headlines, but we are getting used to lapping up the positve words - we need action now.

I'm just going to enjoy the World Cup, forget everything to do with this shower of a squad until we kick off again next month. 

fucking hell, i didn't know queens park fans were taking the sale of the stadium so bad  

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I ended up moaning that much at my misses it caused an argument on Saturday, cos she drove through the Barras (no peel an polish that nite) then had to put up them in bridgeton cross on Sunday aswell mate fucking sickening! 

Horrible creatinus cunts!