Rumour that McGregor will be captain (FF)

9 hours ago, gsa said:

An outfield player can help to change the tempo of game by making a big tackle or pressing hard, etc. 

Difficult for a goalkeeper to have a huge influence, other than doing his own job well, obviously. 

He might get a reaction if he screamed and bared his teeth at the players then nutted the crossbar... think the players would play further up the park ?

11 hours ago, KWBear said:

Heads need examined if anyone thought a backup centre half a Brighton who hasn't seen a huge amount of football in recent times, and who has absolutely no connection to the club, was going to stroll in and be made fucking captain of Rangers Football Club. 

Fucking hell. The only surprise is that people are surprised it will be McGregor. Madness.

I’m not surprised I’m disappointed

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Knows what it takes to turn his back on us anaw...

I get that, ideally he wouldn’t be back but there aren’t many keepers of his quality available and within our budget. He is back and will get my full support (until his first blunder). He should play most games and I’m pretty sure the rest of the squad will see him as a leader. 

11 minutes ago, delranger said:

I get that, ideally he wouldn’t be back but there aren’t many keepers of his quality available and within our budget. He is back and will get my full support (until his first blunder). He should play most games and I’m pretty sure the rest of the squad will see him as a leader. 

I accept he’s back, I accept he’s the best goalkeeper at the club but after what he done in 2012 there’s no way he should stroll back in and take the armband.  

You know. I used to despise this lot for jumping ship. However I’m not above admitting I’m wrong. 

We (mostly) all thought Green was a saviour with his rhetoric against the SFA. However it transpired he was our worst CEO ever, a front for undesirables at Ibrox. 

Thererore I have no issue with any player that refused to put trust in Green. Despite that I will never forgive Whittaker and Naismith for that interview and press conference. 

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

You know. I used to despise this lot for jumping ship. However I’m not above admitting I’m wrong. 

We (mostly) all thought Green was a saviour with his rhetoric against the SFA. However it transpired he was our worst CEO ever, a front for undesirables at Ibrox. 

Thererore I have no issue with any player that refused to put trust in Green. Despite that I will never forgive Whittaker and Naismith for that interview and press conference. 

Green offered them the same wage on a TUPE. They could have took that and said they wanted sold. They didn't, they thought fuck this and done a bunk. 

The club stuck by them through injures, they fucked us off as soon as they got the chance. 

3 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Just me but I prefer an outfield captain someone that can grab games by the scruff of the neck.

Do you think, if a player is capable of grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck, that they would only do it if they are wearing an armband?

Happy for him to start the season as no 1 and captain. If it does not work out and there is someone better then change it. Used to see his bird in silverburn. All fake boobs and hair. Fucking loved herself. Could have pulled her nae bother obvs.

12 hours ago, Amac9 said:

I'd be amazed if he's not.

One of Gerrard's first signings, Gerrard speaks of him being a leader who knows what the club is about, plus he's been in the new kit photo shoot which pretty much says he's going to be number 1.

I wouldn't call him a Gerrard signing.  Mark Allen had the guy all but in the door before Gerrard even came.