Glenn Middleton

Leeds_Bear

12 hours ago, JentleJames said:

But why the buy out clause? The market inflates every year and clubs in mid level European leagues always end up losing players for pennies because of them.

Because we won't get anywhere close to 10 million for him unless we stick a decent buy out clause in.

I take it you don't have a clue what prices we sell players for?

18 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Easy to look good against absolute shite. He hasn’t played a good team yet so I think folk need to calm it 

He should continue to get opportunities to play over the next few weeks and if he continues to impress then I’m sure Gerrard will give him a start 

Easy to look good but for 6 years we’ve made the shite look good. I understand where your coming from and I mustn’t get too carried away but though it’s early days I believe the boy will become a top player, reminds me of Fleck a bit.

22 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think he can glide past people tbh it’s the end product I’d say he lacks 

I have been saying similar since he joined us, as the chance he butchered against Wigan adds credence to what you say.

19 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Easy to look good against absolute shite. He hasn’t played a good team yet so I think folk need to calm it 

He should continue to get opportunities to play over the next few weeks and if he continues to impress then I’m sure Gerrard will give him a start 

Could also say that he's looked good against teams whilst guys also vying for the same position have looked shite. He can only impress when given chances, and has done that up until now. He's the form wide left player, makes sense to reward him with a starting jersey, it's for others to do more to get it off him.

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Because we won't get anywhere close to 10 million for him unless we stick a decent buy out clause in.

I take it you don't have a clue what prices we sell players for?

Quite the opposite I think you don’t have a clue what a buy out clause is, it doesn’t mean we can’t accept less than 10 million, it means we have to accept an offer of 10 million if we receive one. So if any player (in this instance) Middleton ends up potentially in the market at 15-20 million we’ll be sold down the river and forced to accept 10.

1 hour ago, JentleJames said:

Quite the opposite I think you don’t have a clue what a buy out clause is, it doesn’t mean we can’t accept less than 10 million, it means we have to accept an offer of 10 million if we receive one. So if any player (in this instance) Middleton ends up potentially in the market at 15-20 million we’ll be sold down the river and forced to accept 10.

:lol:

You think we'll get 15 to 20 million for a player?

I know what a buyout clause is and if a club offered us 10 million for any of our current players id be over the moon

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

You think we'll get 15 to 20 million for a player?

I know what a buyout clause is and if a club offered us 10 million for any of our current players id be over the moon

I think clubs in middle European leagues basically got duped by inflation over the last few years, you might be delighted but if we could have gotten 11 million then the buy out clause fucks us over.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He needs to play every week, the boy is class and gives us soo many options.  His pass for the goal was exceptional. 

I think he'll continue to get 25/30 minutes for the time being, but expect him to start against Ayr United. Made a big difference tonight; he should take confidence from that. 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

I think he'll continue to get 25/30 minutes for the time being, but expect him to start against Ayr United. Made a big difference tonight; he should take confidence from that.

His vision to release barasic for the goal was different class. I genuinely don't care how Gerrard does it.....he just needs to fit him in.  A performance like that away to villareal proves everything we need to know.

21 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

His vision to release barasic for the goal was different class. I genuinely don't care how Gerrard does it.....he just needs to fit him in.  A performance like that away to villareal proves everything we need to know.

I don't think it'll be too long before he's given starts against certain opposition, but I think the gaffer is going to be smarter in the how he develops these young guys. (Even thought McCrorie looked better when he was brought on; didn't rush to punt out the ball when he got it in the penalty box, and you could tell he was following instructions.) 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

I don't think it'll be too long before he's given starts against certain opposition, but I think the gaffer is going to be smarter in the how he develops these young guys. (Even thought McCrorie looked better when he was brought on; didn't rush to punt out the ball when he got it in the penalty box, and you could tell me was following instructions.) 

I said that about McCrorie in the other thread.  If you're good enough you're old enough. 

On 30/07/2018 at 18:29, psb07158 said:

Happy now ?

Break him in gently, no need to rush things. It will unfortunately only take 1 average game for the usual suspects come out and give him some stick and it could slow down his development. Use him as a super sub, keep the confidence high and pressure low. 

Having said all that, he did great when he came on today. Direct, good passing (mostly), quick, tracked back. 

2 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I don't think it'll be too long before he's given starts against certain opposition, but I think the gaffer is going to be smarter in the how he develops these young guys. (Even thought McCrorie looked better when he was brought on; didn't rush to punt out the ball when he got it in the penalty box, and you could tell me was following instructions.) 

I would keep bringing him on in the last half hour/ 20 against decent teams. Give him starts against the lower 6 of the league now and then. 

Tonight and in other qualifiers, his freshness up against players that are a bit fatigued has been working well. 

Loved his reaction tonight after his pass to Barasic