Glenn Middleton

Leeds_Bear

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Thought Middleton was excellent yesterday - akways getting the ball down and attacking in the right areas in behind and right to the by line 

He reminds me a wee bit of McCann, a proper old-fashioned winger, not like Murphy who literally tries to cut it on to his right every single fucking time

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Think people are too hard on Murphy he’s a much better player than people give him credit for - maybe better used as a number 10 type behind Morelos or something though 

Anytime he moved into the middle last season he did look a lot better. 

35 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Anytime he moved into the middle last season he did look a lot better. 

Even though he does cut inside a lot, he can glide past players with ease - people need to remember that as we’ve not a lot of players capable of that 

17 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Not sure charging aimlessly across the pitch counts as gliding past players with ease. He is one of our better dribblers, though.

I think he can glide past people tbh it’s the end product I’d say he lacks 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Think people are too hard on Murphy he’s a much better player than people give him credit for - maybe better used as a number 10 type behind Morelos or something though 

Murphy isn't a bad player he is however a terrible left winger. He is so one dimensional and predictable then when he does cut in he beats two or three players then loses it more often than not.

Move him in behind Morelos and let Murphy be our creative spark  I think he would excel there and let young Middleton star in the left wing role.

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Why would we want a release clause on him

Thinking about it release clause is probably not best as we may not maximize the fee that way. I suppose a release clause is usually dictated by player/agent so they can go if the player gets a better offer easier. 

38 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Murphy isn't a bad player he is however a terrible left winger. He is so one dimensional and predictable then when he does cut in he beats two or three players then loses it more often than not.

Sadly I'm starting to agree with this. He's also too lightweight and not quick enough to trouble the scum from the wing.

We need to build a team where we can be confident that 5 or 6 or more of our players can better their direct opponents in theirs consistently.

Goldson looks like one, Mcgregor too, then we have five or 6 maybes and the rest just aren't good enough (some yet and some never will be).

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Sadly I'm starting to agree with this. He's also too lightweight and not quick enough to trouble the scum from the wing.

We need to build a team where we can be confident that 5 or 6 or more of our players can better their direct opponents in theirs consistently.

Goldson looks like one, Mcgregor too, then we have five or 6 maybes and the rest just aren't good enough (some yet and some never will be).

I think Murphy could easily be a part of a title winning side but not at left wing. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye but unfortunately we'll never in a million years get close to 10 million for him

But why the buy out clause? The market inflates every year and clubs in mid level European leagues always end up losing players for pennies because of them.