Morelos called up to the Colombia squad

Lloyd

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Did Falcao tell you this ?

Maybe he does actually rate the boy, just like he said. 

Obviously not. Cant be talking about his performance in game when he did nothing at all and in honesty was terrible. Falcao was actually talking about all the new young players in full interview and not only Morelos. He is obvuously not going to say his own player is shit now is he? All players talk up their teammates. 

36 minutes ago, denya said:

Obviously not. Cant be talking about his performance in game when he did nothing at all and in honesty was terrible. Falcao was actually talking about all the new young players in full interview and not only Morelos. He is obvuously not going to say his own player is shit now is he? All players talk up their teammates. 

36 minutes ago, denya said:

It’s not just about his ten minutes on the park, he’s been training with him and spending time with him at training camp, he might actually see something in him and genuinely mean what he said.

He’s talking about all the young players coming through but he mentions el buffalo by name and says he’s going to the top.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

It’s not just about his ten minutes on the park, he’s been training with him and spending time with him at training camp, he might actually see something in him and genuinely mean what he said.

He’s talking about all the young players coming through but he mentions el buffalo by name and says he’s going to the top.

I saw the interview on tv here and he say all young players by name my friend.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Not in the Colombia squad for their next games. 

Yet people were laughing at the suggestion his miss could be costly and he might not be in future squads...

He missed a guild edeged chance today, again. Morelos has youth on his side at the moment, and potential to be a top class striker - but has yet to convince for me.

9 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Yet people were laughing at the suggestion his miss could be costly and he might not be in future squads...

He's only 22, there's plenty of time to get back in the squad.

Might actually be a blessing in disguise, hopefully it pushes him to perform better and get back in.

10 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Friendlies give the manager a chance to look at all the players he has at his disposal, and he's looking at Juan Camilo Hernandez this time instead. 

If Morelos keeps performing for us, he'll get another call up I'm sure. 

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Friendlies give the manager a chance to look at all the players he has at his disposal, and he's looking at Juan Camilo Hernandez this time instead. 

If Morelos keeps performing for us, he'll get another call up I'm sure. 

Or he didn't impress?

Either way if he doesn't miss from 2 yards he'd be in this squad. Extra caps will inflate the fee we get for him which makes it frustrating.

3 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

?

Highly doubt it was the miss that "butchered" his chances, as @BlueMe said it's likely that the manager is just trying out different players for friendlies.

In any case, it's an odd thing to get your knickers in a twist about at the moment.

Just now, Bronzy said:

Highly doubt it was the miss that "butchered" his chances, as @BlueMe said it's likely that the manager is just trying out different players for friendlies.

In any case, it's an odd thing to get your knickers in a twist about at the moment.

You really think he wouldn't be in the squad if he scored? Aye ok.

3 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Or he didn't impress?

Either way if he doesn't miss from 2 yards he'd be in this squad. Extra caps will inflate the fee we get for him which makes it frustrating.

Maybe, who knows?

I'm sure the Columbian manager has called up something like 6 strikers for these friendlies, so he's maybe looking at as much strikers as possible to look for future replacements for Falcao and Bacca. 

21 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Or he didn't impress?

No one's completely judged on 13 minutes of a game ffs. 

He's got 78 goals in about 130 games throughout his career.

He could miss an absolute sitter every game he plays untill he retires, but if he ends his career keeping that sort of ratio then it will have been an impressive one. 

26 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Big fan of the buffalo but when he’s in that mood today he’s a waste of a jersey 

I get that but the service to him today was terrible and playing him and Lafferty does not work, much of the blame lies at the door of the manager

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

couldn’t get a kick against their centre half to be honest number 26 so the huffing about the pitch begins , don’t think he fancy’s a 2 with laff either 

I don't think anyone should be singled out because everyone played under par today. 

The 'moany Morelos' has been the go to excuse for the past 6 months, when in reality he was the only one that looked like he gave a shit last season.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

He backs into people and falls down for fun when not doing that he picks up needless cards runs offside constantly and misses chances. 

I like Morelos but this backing in and then falling over shit is infuriating.