Morelos called up to the Colombia squad

Lloyd

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

“He’s shit get shot of him”

”Hes a liability he will cost us points”

Aye everyone want a him to do well so they do. ?

Posters will always have opinions on players especially if they fail to convert easy chances in big games doesn't mean they do not want the player to do well as if he does well the team do well. 

2 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

Hear that sort of thing all the time at Ibrox, about almost any player. Some of our fans take to players and those players can do no wrong, but everyone else is a few bad moments away from "no being Rangers class" - and, in fairness, a few good moments from being a hero again. (By and large, even mediocre former players seem to be treated with kindness and hospitality by Rangers fans, so I'm not having a go - I just think we've got really high standards.) 

I was 11 when I got my first season ticket - or my dad got it, rather - and remember Rod Wallace missing a sitter, leading to the guy behind us shouting "Get that lazy n***er off the park and send him back to Newcastle!" (We signed Stéphane Guivarc'h from Newcastle, so I guess he got mixed up as he'd always say Wallace was brought in from them.) A few minutes go by, and Wallace scores. Not long after he misses another sitter, and the guy behind us shouts out "Unlucky, son - good effort!" 

The players we are watching now are very poor standard as is the league they play in I can't see any of the players currently at us doing well at a higher level, some have got carried away by some of the players at us.

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

The players we are watching now are very poor standard as is the league they play in I can't see any of the players currently at us doing well at a higher level, some have got carried away by some of the players at us.

Some of the new signings are decent players who can and will go onto a higher level, but it'll take more than one transfer window for Gerrard and Allen to reshape the squad. (Which is why I'm glad he's tried to get something out of Halliday as a utility player; shows Gerrard is smart enough to know there's no point in demoralising players whilst they're here, and better to try to get something out of them until you can sign someone better.) 

The league in general is of such a poor standard that it's hard to believe players like Laudrup, Gazza and De Boer once signed for us. Now to see that sort of class it'd need to be someone like Cooper who just loves the club. What makes that frustrating is it was that reprobate Roger Mitchell and the teams that mostly rely on the Old Firm to survive that rejected the Sky TV offer that ultimately led to the state of the game in this country. Sky would never have paid us on par with England, but had the SPL accepted their more than reasonable offer all those years ago rather than threaten them with SPL TV then the TV revenue would still have increased every few years. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Posters will always have opinions on players especially if they fail to convert easy chances in big games doesn't mean they do not want the player to do well as if he does well the team do well. 

You really need to read this forum without your blue tinted specs on. 

1 hour ago, Aubie92 said:

Some of the new signings are decent players who can and will go onto a higher level, but it'll take more than one transfer window for Gerrard and Allen to reshape the squad. (Which is why I'm glad he's tried to get something out of Halliday as a utility player; shows Gerrard is smart enough to know there's no point in demoralising players whilst they're here, and better to try to get something out of them until you can sign someone better.) 

The league in general is of such a poor standard that it's hard to believe players like Laudrup, Gazza and De Boer once signed for us. Now to see that sort of class it'd need to be someone like Cooper who just loves the club. What makes that frustrating is it was that reprobate Roger Mitchell and the teams that mostly rely on the Old Firm to survive that rejected the Sky TV offer that ultimately led to the state of the game in this country. Sky would never have paid us on par with England, but had the SPL accepted their more than reasonable offer all those years ago rather than threaten them with SPL TV then the TV revenue would still have increased every few years. 

Who do you think can play at a higher level?

24 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Goldson can play at a higher level than the SPFL, and I think in the fullness of time Katić, Barišić, Coulibally and Morelos will. 

I just don't see enough about any of them to play at a higher level not yet anyway time will tell if they are good enough, two draws a win against St Mirren and a loss tell me that.  

Must add the teams done brilliantly in European competition.

4 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

I was referring to the Argentine squad, but aye - Pékerman's tinkering didn't really seem to help his team. It was as if he knew his squad but not his best starting XI, which was odd given he'd had enough time to figure that out. 

Yes he had since 2014 to fix it and didn't. Many people here sad that he is not tecnico for us no more but me and my friends think he should have been gone after Copa America in Chile. 

5 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Colombian legend Radamel Falcao has tipped Rangers hitman Alfredo Morelos to eventually succeed him as their main striker. 

The Ibrox top scorer made his international bow as Colombia beat Venezuela on Friday and could play against Argentina tomorrow.

He replaced Monaco's former Manchester United and Chelsea star Falcao for his debut as a sub.

And the 32-year-old reckons the Rangers ace could make just as big an impact as he did, having become Colombia's all-time top scorer with 31 goals in 78 caps. 

Morelos came on in the 77th minute to replace Falcao (Image: JOE SKIPPER/EPA-EFE/REX/Shutterstock)

The legendary striker has been impressed by his attitude (Image: REX/Shutterstock)

READ MORE

Rangers star Alfredo Morelos suffers horror miss before bagging bizarre assist on Colombia debut

Falcao said: "I think we can look back this week and be encouraged by the young talent that is coming through in Colombia.

"Alfredo Morelos is going to be a star for us. When you look at attitude he has and commitment he shows, he's ready to get to the top.

"He could be a big player for Colombia for years to come.

"I liked his work rate and he's willing to learn. There's a lot to like when you look at the kids coming though.

"He's already playing for his country at such a young age and it's clear he will be a regular for years to come."

Morelos has scored six goals in 13 appearances for Steven Gerrard 's side so far this season. 

What the fuck does Falcao know?  Failed at ManU ffs. 

18 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

Goldson can play at a higher level than the SPFL, and I think in the fullness of time Katić, Barišić, Coulibally and Morelos will. 

Pena could play at a higher level if he wore a sports bra.

I'm starting to think he was great but his tits held him back, poor guy.

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Pena could play at a higher level if he wore a sports bra.

I'm starting to think he was great but his tits held him back, poor guy.

In all seriousness, Peña was a really good attacking midfielder in the Liga MX until around a year before we signed him. By then he already had a reputation for his off-field antics, otherwise he'd probably have gotten a move to Spain, Italy etc. He could rediscover that form again if he sorts himself out, but given he's now 28 it's probably not likely. 

42 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

In all seriousness, Peña was a really good attacking midfielder in the Liga MX until around a year before we signed him. By then he already had a reputation for his off-field antics, otherwise he'd probably have gotten a move to Spain, Italy etc. He could rediscover that form again if he sorts himself out, but given he's now 28 it's probably not likely. 

Depends what he wants in life, he might realise his playing career is about to end and he has one last chance to be seen as a good player.

he might realise his playing career is about to end and can't be arsed doing anything but drinking and partying