Morelos called up to the Colombia squad

Lloyd

When people hear the name Alfredo Morelos do they think

"oh hes an amazing striker with 20 odd goals so far for Rangers"

or do they think 

"aye hes that half decent striker with an anger problem who gets sent off all the time and cant score into an open net"

its most likely the latter. He shouldnt be our no 1 choice as striker until these issues are sorted out. Folk have hyped him up to the point their blinding themselves, i get that on the opposite side you get folk saying hes pish and should be gotten rid of which is ridiculous but he's nowhere near as good as some make him out to be, he has potential to be great but hes his own worst enemy at times and needs to calm himself down. Cause the pressure is just going to build up and build up and i have no confidence in his ability to take that pressure

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

Let’s be honest, he’s shit. Lafferty should be our #1 striker but Morelos is apparently worth too much money for that to happen 

Morelos is 10 years younger than Lafferty and is already a better player and striker than Lafferty ever has been

Meh. Still our most important player. Goldson and Coulibally the only others who come close. Not even half the team without him that we are with him. Cummings' few starts last season showed that very clearly, and though much better than him i imagine Lafferty's will as well throughout the season.  

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Morelos is 10 years younger than Lafferty and is already a better player and striker than Lafferty ever has been

Thats just simply not true. Take the blinders off. Morelos is an average striker with potential to be much better. And his lack of ability is made even worse when his attitude gets in the way. Not that Lafferty is that great either but he should start before Morelos until Morelos grows up a bit and learns to score into an open net

2 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Thats just simply not true. Take the blinders off. Morelos is an average striker with potential to be much better. And his lack of ability is made even worse when his attitude gets in the way. Not that Lafferty is that great either but he should start before Morelos until Morelos grows up a bit and learns to score into an open net

No chance should he be starting over Morelos, moronic to think he should

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

that crossed ma mind too matell ?? 

great minds or immature minds take your pick lol

how was yer holiday bro?

Great immature minds. 

Still in Spain bud, fly back via Amsterdam for a few days on Tuesday ? ✌️

All well my man?

4 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Isn't a question of either or, they should both be playing. 352 shouldn't be binned after one draw. Keeps our best players in the starting eleven and compensates for our utter dogshit wingers (until Grezda proves otherwise.)

Don't see us playing 3 at the back much in all honesty

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

they dont miss them every other game like Morelos does

folk need to stop pretending that this isnt a big issue with him cause it is, he misses absolute sitters all the time. He probably has as many missed sitters as he has goals scored.

Folk laugh it off cause its for Colombia but what if it was for a late winner vs the scum? folk wont be laughing then. Im not saying get rid of him im just saying that this is an issue that needs addressed not laughed off because its becoming a regular occurrence to the point i practically expect him to miss tge easy goals

So the Kilmarnock tap in and Maribor tap in never went in?

Saying this is his only miss is off the mark but so too is saying he misses all the time.

Edit: I know where you are coming from regarding the comments about him needing to work on it, that’s true. He’s 22 so he has plenty of time to work on weak areas of his game. Positioning, composure in front of goal and composure in heated moments are all areas he needs to focus on and I have no doubt that the coaching team and doing just that.

You don’t just hand him a 30k a week del and say job done, it’s an investment and if we get it right we have a fantastic player to benefit us either on the park or financially if sold.

The one isn’t I will say is he deserves a lot of credit for coming back for more when he does miss. He doesn’t shy away and hide and that is commendable and it means when he does get better he’ll be scoring far more than he misses.

18 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

So the Kilmarnock tap in and Maribor tap in never went in?

Saying this is his only miss is off the mark but so too is saying he misses all the time.

its a regular occurrence and is a problem, what is it about that fact that folk fail to grasp?

29 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Isn't a question of either or, they should both be playing. 352 shouldn't be binned after one draw. Keeps our best players in the starting eleven and compensates for our utter dogshit wingers (until Grezda proves otherwise.)

I think we will see it more after the international break. Dundee at home next so ideal game to try it. 

Expect he'll use Worrall, Katic and Goldson. 

He will never improve on that , those kind of finishers are natural it’s not something you can ever teach.

All strikers have some horrendous misses but he seems to have one every second game.

Hes better as a support striker with a finisher along side him I would imagine, but only if his attitude and decision making improved.

40 minutes ago, markem said:

Great immature minds. 

Still in Spain bud, fly back via Amsterdam for a few days on Tuesday ? ✌️

All well my man?

all good in the hood, J was wondering did you manage to save any if that like you planned or did it get rattled? ??

7 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

?

Laugh if you want but if you include Dembele then their 3 recent/current strikers were all better than them and Lafferty would easily score more goals than Morelos will. Morelos is not good enough to win us the league, he just doesn't score the goals, and he doesn't score them when they matter. 

32 minutes ago, BillySastard said:

Don't think big Lafferty would miss anywhere near the amount of sitters Morelos does if he was presented with similar chances:crabflute:

The reason he doesn’t get similar chances is because his movement isn’t nearly as good.

6 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

Some brutal comments in here.  Yes it's a shocking miss but the lad would be nervous as fuck making his debut.  The amount of stick Morelos gets on here it's fucking terrible!  Bunch of fucking mutants with keyboards.

Nervous, agreed. Can be forgiven.

What's his excuse for us though?