Morelos called up to the Colombia squad

Lloyd

8 hours ago, The Wire said:

The argument may be that if we demand a big fee, but his wages are comparatively low in relation to other players that go for a similar amount, the buying  club will argue that he isn't worth what we are asking. 

I.e "you don't pay him like a £10m player so we you can't really think he's worth that. Heres £5m take it or leave it."

That's why SG gave him a new deal and even said we have to pay him what he's worth.

50 minutes ago, BillySastard said:

Don't think big Lafferty would miss anywhere near the amount of sitters Morelos does if he was presented with similar chances:crabflute:

His problem is he is now a cumbersome big lump who cannot get into the position to score those chances

10 hours ago, philiprfc said:

For anyone who watched it, apart from the miss, how did he play?

He only play about last 10 minutes of the game. Reyes make all his substitutions very late in the game. His first touch of the ball was the very bad miss and after he had a shot that was close and go just past the goalkeepers right post and I dont remember him touching the ball again. 

9 hours ago, Amato said:

A wildly optimistic/plainly wrong assessment. I think the writer has genuinely confused Morelos with the boy who put the cross in for the last goal ?

Alfredo Morelos assists goal on Colombia debut - watch here

8th September 2018

Cameron Willis

Alfredo Morelos is now a full international and started his Colombia career brightly with an assist.

The 22-year-old striker came on in the second half to much excitement and the young goalscorer did his reputation no harm.

Hardworking Morelos created the goal

The striker capped his first ever appearance by setting up Colombia’s second goal in a 2-1 victory over Venezuela.

The striker worked his way into the right of the 18-yard-box and dinked a dangerous ball into the six-yard box. It was poorly cleared by two separate headers before Yimmi Chara pounced and won the game.

It was a last-minute winner and a goal indicative of all the characteristics of the striker. Hardworking, full of technique and just a little bit of luck.

The game was played at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida and Colombia roared back from an early Venezuela goal. Darwin Marchis had Venezuela ahead after 4 minutes before Falcao equalised 10 minutes into the second half. Chara then of course completed the scoring after good work from Morelos.

Morelos has been rubbing shoulders with some of the best strikers in the game this last week. Falcao, Carlos Bacca and Luis Muriel are all dynamic, exciting options up front who each bring something unique to the game.

Morelos can soak up all of this experience and education and bring it back to Ibrox.

More than that, becoming a full international only adds extra digits to his value.

The Colombian has been routinely linked with a move away from Ibrox. If anyone comes in for him now, they’ll be coming in for a young Colombian with a bright future.

Alfredo Morelos’ star continues to rise and his performance in the Sunshine State will have done him no harm.

This journalist obviously did not watch the game.

29 minutes ago, denya said:

He only had 2 touches of the ball. He did not have much game time to do alot.

Did not see the game, however, if what you say is true (I do not doubt you), it highlites his major asset and that is his instinctive ability to be in 'the right place at the right time', you cannot teach that.  If you also consider that he missed a decent chance and got an assist then that is a reasonable international debut.  

If he keeps working hard he will get his reward, He has talent but alot of rough edges, As soon as he starts scoring the chances he misses he won't be with us much longer, He has now been capped by his country which is good for us as when he does leave it will increase his value when we sell him.

19 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Did not see the game, however, if what you say is true (I do not doubt you), it highlites his major asset and that is his instinctive ability to be in 'the right place at the right time', you cannot teach that.  If you also consider that he missed a decent chance and got an assist then that is a reasonable international debut.  

He didn't though! Not knocking him, I'm a big fan, but the assist thing is a case of mistaken identity

18 minutes ago, Amato said:

He didn't though! Not knocking him, I'm a big fan, but the assist thing is a case of mistaken identity

Nope, definitely got the assist, lying on the goal linr and played it back to the scorer  ?

Almost scores 5:20 on the video

12 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Nope, definitely got the assist, lying on the goal linr and played it back to the scorer  ?

Almost scores 5:20 on the video

? Technically it is an assist I suppose. Never saw that shot before, decent attempt. Hope he gets some game time against Argentina. Would love him to score against them, was so disappointed with the Argies at the World Cup

It's unbelievable really.  Two yards from an open goal and he somehow manages to kick it sideways in to the Keepers hands.  I like Morelos a lot and there's a lot of positives to him but the red cards and crazy misses need to stop.  

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

His miss was terrible and his shot when he turn that just got past the post was ok. He did not do anything else and hope maybe he get more game minutes against Argentina. He did not get an assist.

7 minutes ago, denya said:

His miss was terrible and his shot when he turn that just got past the post was ok. He did not do anything else and hope maybe he get more game minutes against Argentina. He did not get an assist.

He 'passed' the ball back to the scorer, technically an assist  ? 

28 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He 'passed' the ball back to the scorer, technically an assist  ? 

Haha for us here no. We was 1-1 with our biggest rival and he miss that easy chance of goal. His "assist" does not count. He knows nothing about it.

2 hours ago, Amato said:

? Technically it is an assist I suppose. Never saw that shot before, decent attempt. Hope he gets some game time against Argentina. Would love him to score against them, was so disappointed with the Argies at the World Cup

They've got some decent players in this squad. Part of their problem going into the World Cup was that some of their better defenders and midfielders were young and untested at that level, so they didn't take a chance and went with the unbalanced squad they knew. They've actually got a good number of players that could potentially be big players for the next two qualifying campaigns - and Copa América tournaments - if given playing time. 

27 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

They've got some decent players in this squad. Part of their problem going into the World Cup was that some of their better defenders and midfielders were young and untested at that level, so they didn't take a chance and went with the unbalanced squad they knew. They've actually got a good number of players that could potentially be big players for the next two qualifying campaigns - and Copa América tournaments - if given playing time. 

Every player had played in ether qualifiers, Copa Americas or the World Cup in Brasil or all 3. The problem was Pekerman. He keep changing the defence for every game and also midfield. Especial the defence was never the same for 2 games in a row. I hope our next tecnico play with a more settle team.