Rossiter

MrMckee

On 3 September 2018 at 12:55, MrMckee said:

Yes another Rossiter thread!! 

Seriously though not heard the gaffer mention him in his last few interviews so wondering if something's going on behind the scenes? 

Would be good to have as it's clear we need to rotate the midfield with the hectic schedule and keep things fresh in there. I see dorrans is nearly fit so interested to see what he can offer....

LBH, our future success does not lie with him.

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:59, cushynumber said:

I keep saying it - he wont play 6 games for us this season.He will definitely come back just before the winter break for 1 game then disappear again. Personally, i think there is something in his contract re injury and that if he doesnt play in an allotted time we can cancel the contract. So we therefore see him every so often.

I might be completely wrong - but something smells with this situation.

Very cynical Cushy but see where you're coming from, hope you're wide of the mark because I think he'd be a great asset once fully fit.

Well, We've got a 26 man top squad atm, so 3 would have missed out. Rossiter makes sense I guess if he's effectively got to start pre-season again. 

Not sure I'd read all that much into it that being the case. It doesn't necessarily mean that he's had any new setback. Not at all. 

37 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Well, We've got a 26 man top squad atm, so 3 would have missed out. Rossiter makes sense I guess if he's effectively got to start pre-season again. 

Not sure I'd read all that much into it that being the case. It doesn't necessarily mean that he's had any new setback. Not at all. 

Agreed. Even if he was declared fit tommorrow, it takes a couple of months to gain proper fitness and then he would need games to get match sharpness, and Europe isn't the place for that. 

10 minutes ago, gers31 said:

One good game against the junkies in two years being here if he can't get match fit or Injury free it's time to let him go . He's been a waste of a wage and was probably the same at Liverpool 

You don't just let someone go unfortunately.

He's contracted and is entitled to whatever those terms are for the duration. Whilst an offer can be made to ask him to rip it up (ie half what he'd be paid if  he stayed up front now if he goes), I'd imagine that's unlikely as it's us that pay medical bills, operations etc too.  I also doubt we've got that money available to give such a lump sum.

Don't think there's much of a solution unless he miraculously gets and stays fit.

18 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Eventually we just need to call it quits on this kid.

It's a shame as there is a talented player there with lots of potential. But he's made of glass. 

no point calling quits  until his contract is up .

he would be due any outstanding money so we are aswell letting him do what he can to get fit 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We should just pay him off tbh. He’s over two years into a four year deal now and he’s never been fit for more than a few weeks before getting injured again. There surely comes a point where we say enough is enough?

I doubt he's gonna accept less than his full wages in payment. Why not just keep him on the very slim chance he overcomes his problems within the next couple years?