Rossiter

MrMckee

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

We’d pay him the money he’s getting in the payoff, there’s nothing to free up. :confused:

A pretty poor choice of words on my part but you get my point.

When clubs do bad business it always ends up costing the club either way and unfortunately he’s another player who falls into that category so why not just take the hit, get him off the books and let us and him move on. People were happy enough for us to do it with Cardoso and it’ll be the same when we inevitably pay off Herrera, Pena, Hodson, etc, etc.

He offers us nothing and I don’t understand why so many people want to percivere with him when he’s shown no signs of being able to stay fit and contribute.

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

When clubs do bad business it always ends up costing the club either way and unfortunately he’s another player who falls into that category so why not just take the hit, get him off the books and let us and him move on. People were happy enough for us to do it with Cardoso and it’ll be the same when we inevitably pay off Herrera, Pena, Hodson, etc, etc.

He offers us nothing and I don’t understand why so many people want to percivere with him when he’s shown no signs of being able to stay fit and contribute.

What do we actually gain from paying him off? 

All it would do is leave us even more financially out of pocket at the moment as we would be paying a one off lump sum instead of it being spread oved the rest of his contract. Also, even if there is a 1 in 10 chance Rossiter will contribute to us, it's clearly worth sticking with him.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t see any comparison with the players mentioned tbh. Wanting somebody off the books because they’re shite is not the same as getting rid of someone for being injured. Those players walk straight into another job with a lump sum in their pockets, nobody is going to sign a badly injured player.

4 minutes ago, broxi51 said:

Pics today have Rossiter and Dorrans both in training

Nothing would please me more than seeing Rossiter back to full fitness as I reckon he has lots to offer, maybe the box to box midfielder we've all been looking for.  Some of the comments on here make it sound like it's the guy's own fault he's been injured.  Probably farting against thunder but we can only live in hope.

11 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Nothing would please me more than seeing Rossiter back to full fitness as I reckon he has lots to offer, maybe the box to box midfielder we've all been looking for.  Some of the comments on here make it sound like it's the guy's own fault he's been injured.  Probably farting against thunder but we can only live in hope.

I think his omission from Europa Squad has had a lot of people quite understanably writing him off. Perhaps he can still play some domestic games when for example we return from Moscow? I know in advance people will quote "hes made of glass" but i think if he ever gets fit? Then it will be like signing a new player if he can play like he did against the spoonburners 5-5 gane that would do me.

55 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Kicking a ball about playing football tennis in the training video. 

Love the get rid of him, rip up his contract chat.

Amazes me that people even think that's a remote possibility. 

Saw that. Along with Dorrans. Hopefully get some kind of word on both of them after the international break

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Kicking a ball about playing football tennis in the training video. 

Love the get rid of him, rip up his contract chat.

Amazes me that people even think that's a remote possibility. 

I think the boy is very talented and would love to see him get a run of games and put the injury record behind him.

But it's been 10 appearances in 2 seasons now. Surely a time must come if this injury record continues that we have to ask tough questions, is it worth while keeping him on.

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think the boy is very talented and would love to see him get a run of games and put the injury record behind him.

But it's been 10 appearances in 2 seasons now. Surely a time must come if this injury record continues that we have to ask tough questions, is it worth while keeping him on.

I agree but unfortunately there's nothing the club can do, they gave him the contract. 

5 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Is it any more ridiculous than paying him the same amount of money to sit on the treatment table for years?

Yes. It's better being spread out than one big lump sum and there's always the chance he might get fit again

2 hours ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Is it any more ridiculous than paying him the same amount of money to sit on the treatment table for years?

Yes, cause there's a chance he'll get fit and earn his money one way, whereas he'll just get given it the other way.

7 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Does any form of insurance cover his injury time. Maybe he isn't costing us much/anything.

I remember reading insurance only kicks in if he retires from football due to injuries while at RFC.

If he's still training etc then we pay him or let him go, the risk with any transfer.

1 hour ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Yes - by carrying on paying him we can still see if he can shake of the injury(s) but by getting rid we might just be losing a class player to another team - he is still a young lad with 10 years in front of him - well worth some patience 

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I remember reading insurance only kicks in if he retires from football due to injuries while at RFC.

If he's still training etc then we pay him or let him go, the risk with any transfer.

That's incorrect.  I'm involved with a Tier 6 pyramid team and we have insurance for players.  If a player is injured we would make a claim, it's similar to being self employed and having insurance.  

Whilst the club is paying JR we will be receiving money back.   

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

That's incorrect.  I'm involved with a Tier 6 pyramid team and we have insurance for players.  If a player is injured we would make a claim, it's similar to being self employed and having insurance.  

Whilst the club is paying JR we will be receiving money back.   

Always bow to better informed 

I can't understand why people think we'd be better off paying the remainder of his contract and telling him where to go. 

Firstly, it's not how the club should conduct itself and secondly, it makes no business sense. We're going to have to pay him anyway, far better he's here so that if a miracle occurs and he's fit, we have a playable or saleable asset.