White socks at home

McEwan's Lager

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Advocaat liked the white socks because some sports psychologist had convinced him that in the heat of a midfield battle the white stands out more enabling your player to find a pass to his teammate.

Sounds like rubbish at first but I actually agree there's something in that.

I couldn't enjoy any of the goals or the game due to the white socks, pure dead ruined it for me. Winning 4-0 with white fucking socks on man!

Still I did have time to stand up and cheer and clap Kenny off when the white socks were not moving about.

Fuck sake, white socks, were they KKK white socks or just sectarian? Get a grip.

1 hour ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Most pro's tend to wear "trusox" now (started with gareth bale, they are ankle socks with grips on them). Rules state that the tape and any strapping must be the same colour as the socks so most now tend to cut the feet off the socks and slip them over the trusox and shinguards

is there any particular reason for these type of socks or is it just another fashion thing?

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Advocaat liked the white socks because some sports psychologist had convinced him that in the heat of a midfield battle the white stands out more enabling your player to find a pass to his teammate.

and they also give the impression that you are running faster

2 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Until this thread I couldn't have told you what colour of socks the players wore yesterday. But now I'm outraged. We need a voice in the boardroom. A socks spokesperson. If we dont get a grip on it we could end up like man u wearing pink socks that have run in the wash 

The man u pink strip is an abomination. 

4 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I'd rather have players who can pick out their teammates even if they were wearing camouflage socks.

2 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

is there any particular reason for these type of socks or is it just another fashion thing?

Supposed to be for grip . Ive actually used them and its personally been filed beside breathe right strips for your nose and kinetic strips for muscle injuries in the "its all in the mind" section lol

8 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Died a little yesterday when I saw the team come out in them.

Trying to remember the last time we wore them at home? Under Advocaat we did it a lot in the 00-01 season I think.

Much prefer our traditional socks but I don’t mind red, red with white tops, or blue like under Souness but white just doesn’t look right in my opinion.

So long as we win I don't care if we go out wearing bright yellow and pink candy striped shirts, pink shorts and yellow and pink socks.

6 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Until this thread I couldn't have told you what colour of socks the players wore yesterday. But now I'm outraged. We need a voice in the boardroom. A socks spokesperson. If we dont get a grip on it we could end up like man u wearing pink socks that have run in the wash 

TBH never noticed either but now it has been pointed out, I'm beelin :angrywillie:     Gerrard letting standards slip