Sadiq

KingKirk

6 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Minds made up. Love that about Gerrard, he ain't fucking about. To be fair, if you get offered a 6'6 African from Roma then you must think there's something about him. Hopefully there's a termination clause and get him away in January then bring back Rudden from Falkirk as 3rd choice.

Replacing a dud who doesn't want to be here with a talented youngster who'd bust a gut for us? You may be on to something!! :tu: 

23 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Good question. I can't help but think he can't get his head around how physical the game is  in Scotland. He wouldn't be the first to have made that mistake.

You think defenders in Italy give you an easy ride? The pace of the game can be frenetic here because it's kick and rush but it's a myth that's it's majorly physical compared to elsewhere, and certainly not compared with Italy. 

If people genuinely found it so hard to cope with the physicality of Scottish players, the national team might have qualified for a tournament at some point in recent history. 

On 27/09/2018 at 02:19, Courtyard Bear said:

Ref deserved to be insulted he was a cheating bastard. 

Players moan at refs all the time, Kenny Miller and Barry Ferguson were always at it, yet as soon as Morelos gets booked for it we are inundated by the usual suspects on RM moaning like wee bitches, its part of his game, get over it and let the manager handle it. 

On 27/09/2018 at 07:47, cushynumber said:

I agree  - you can make a point to the ref without calling him all the names under the sun and getting involved. And we can say he needs to learn all we want - but the fact is he isnt - despite a very recent public warning from Gerrard.

How do we know what he called the ref, he barely speaks English and I dont see Madden being fluent in Spanish. 

8 minutes ago, gsa said:

You think defenders in Italy give you an easy ride? The pace of the game can be frenetic here because it's kick and rush but it's a myth that's it's majorly physical compared to elsewhere, and certainly not compared with Italy. 

If people genuinely found it so hard to cope with the physicality of Scottish players, the national team might have qualified for a tournament at some point in recent history. 

Sadiq hasn't exactly racked up games in serie A.... he has played the Majority of his 1st team games in Holland?

I met him again recently and his body language has completely changed from the first time I met him a few months ago when he was really positive and spoke pretty highly of Gerrard

He said he’s struggling to get to grips with playing and living in Scotland but didn’t allude to anything in particular

ill be shocked if he’s still at the club in January

7 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Could pass as endangering a player though

Its a clear foul as he has gone in with his studs showing, the challenge is reckless and should be a booking. Whether he gets the ball or not isn't the issue, he isn't in control of the challenge as he has caught Morelos ankle with his studs. 

15 hours ago, Sparkle said:

“When asked what Umar Sadiq needs to improve on, he answered ‘everything’.”

Wow 

How to get a message over in one word 

I was very surprised by him saying that, it's unusual for a manager to be so abrupt about a player, I would have expected him to keep that between him and sadiq. 

He must be very angry and disappointed with the player.

I think his career with us is well and truly over unless there's a miracle.

25 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I was very surprised by him saying that, it's unusual for a manager to be so abrupt about a player, I would have expected him to keep that between him and sadiq. 

He must be very angry and disappointed with the player.

I think his career with us is well and truly over unless there's a miracle.

To me that's saying the private chats haven't worked and now SG is playing his last card to try and shame him.into improving/getting his act together.

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

To me that's saying the private chats haven't worked and now SG is playing his last card to try and shame him.into improving/getting his act together.

Agreed it's the last chance saloon, but do you think it's going to make any difference? I don't personally.

11 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Sadiq hasn't exactly racked up games in serie A.... he has played the Majority of his 1st team games in Holland?

I'm merely suggesting Scotland isn't nearly as physical as people try and make out. One of these things braindead people repeat without thinking. 

When I see Scottish players/teams come up against forgeign opposition, they're generally smaller, weaker and slower. 

Attempting to play kick and rush and 100 mile an hour doesn't make you tough. 

11 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I met him again recently and his body language has completely changed from the first time I met him a few months ago when he was really positive and spoke pretty highly of Gerrard

He said he’s struggling to get to grips with playing and living in Scotland but didn’t allude to anything in particular

That's unfortunate. You wonder what's so difficult here compared with Holland or Italy for example? 

Haven't seen much of him but he looks quite languid? Easy comparison because he's also Nigerian and tall but Kanu also had that look. Easy to misinterpret that body language for disinterest. 

11 hours ago, psb07158 said:

That's unfortunate. You wonder what's so difficult here compared with Holland or Italy for example? 

Haven't seen much of him but he looks quite languid? Easy comparison because he's also Nigerian and tall but Kanu also had that look. Easy to misinterpret that body language for disinterest. 

22 hours ago, Sparkle said:

“When asked what Umar Sadiq needs to improve on, he answered ‘everything’.”

Wow 

How to get a message over in one word 

It's the 1st time he's called a player out like this since he got here. 

He's layed the gauntlet down for Sadiq now. 

I hoently think he'll be gone by January.