Jim Delacunt

Posted this in one of the threads in The Bears Den, probably best added to here........

DozbpccXUAAZysF.jpg

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Oh my. Makes a controversial bold prediction aided with a bit of unsubstantiated pish. Gets it horribly wrong. Now playing the victim.

Compare and contrast to Cameron.

A bit of banter having a wee cheeky dig at us pre match.

His team get pumped and he takes it all in his stride like a decent cunt. Just the way it should be.

Strikes me as a very troubled individual. Mibbie those that offer him a salary should be offering him some help or is it easier to ignore whilst he continues to write a lot of pish that suits the narrative. 

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

In fairness, twitter is chock full of absolute rockets. However looking at some various high profile people on it, there is a way to play the game, and Jim hasn't found it.

If you can't handle abuse on social media - especially as someone in the public eye - then you should probably avoid it, and avoid trying to wind up a large section of your employers' target demographic. Even morons like Sutton and Hartson, who seem to block most who dare criticise them, don't try to play the "they're all just bigots" card, yet absolute messes like Spence, Delahunt and Collymore do. 

22 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ive noticed recently with Spence - almost every other tweet has now something to do with Catholics or independence - yet he is employed as a Scottish sports broadcaster typically by the BBC - and appears to get round it by saying he is a freelancer. its a bit sureal

I do wonder how much longer Spence, English etc can get away with that sort of nonsense now that the BBC in Manchester are paying attention. Neil Cameron has been going down the pro-Corbyn, rant about Trump line with his twitter, but he's not employed by the BBC, so fair enough; BBC employees shouldn't really be passing comment on politics or religion unless that's the area they're employed to report on - and even then, it should be neutral. 

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Ive noticed recently with Spence - almost every other tweet has now something to do with Catholics or independence - yet he is employed as a Scottish sports broadcaster typically by the BBC - and appears to get round it by saying he is a freelancer. its a bit sureal

Spence is your average Dundee United fan , Soap dodger with a massive chip on his shoulder

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

I always found him to be fairly impartial and one of the better ones that have presented our football programmes in the past 30 years....................

said-no-one-ever.jpg.8620e6e1b2d3c1ecca38ad2f58fa678b.jpg

If you're gonna slag off a team that stepped up in the second half against decent European opposition (who sat top of the group before Ibrox) to now top their European group and then tip them to get beat at the weekend before pumping the team that were top, expect a backlash from their fans you imbecile. 

We should be a lot closer to the top of the league than we are but have had a tougher set of opening fixtures than any of the other Top6 from last season; that's our own fault. However, outside the mhanks, NONE of the other clubs in this league have done anything in Europe in the years following 2012, period. Albeit after just 2 games, we sit top of our group so give us some credit please. If you don't you will be called out for it so if you give it, be prepared to take it back in this social media world we live in. If you can't take it, don't then play the "woe is me" card as no one gives a toss, more so when you have a conviction against you proving you are no living saint. 

I agree with everything you say. Except the fact no Scottish team other than the mhanks doing anything in Europe since 2012. No other Scottish team has done anything in Europe since about 1988.

2 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

I agree with everything you say. Except the fact no Scottish team other than the mhanks doing anything in Europe since 2012. No other Scottish team has done anything in Europe since about 1988.

Was merely emphasising the part that when they got rid of us it was a supposed opportunity for the rest to step up, which they didn't and still don't