Jon Flanagan

KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

See to be honest there are quite a lot of not very good football players in the managers squad. This is the main problem we have And it will take at least another two windows to fix it. But we should still be good enough to beat the likes of Aberdeen and Kilmarnock.

Deja vu again , we are falling into the same scenario. Gerrard has been given plenty cash and hasnt spent it well , the board will look at this and will be wary on how much more he gets just like the last few managers.

He's shite, and a cunt. Should never have been signed. 

We won't win anything with guys like him and Halliday starting games for us. And I know Halliday played relatively well last night before his wee bum boy fans start their shite. 

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Last night, yes. Previously, no. 

Anytime Halliday has played at LB this season, his performances haven't been anywhere near as bad as Flanagans. That might be down to being left footed, or the fact he's more comfortable on the ball.

Flanagan gets the ball and immediately looks to get rid of it, and either kicks it out, or gives away possession, I would start Halliday or even Wallace before him personally, Flanagan wouldn't even make the bench.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Anytime Halliday has played at LB this season, his performances haven't been anywhere near as bad as Flanagans. That might be down to being left footed, or the fact he's more comfortable on the ball.

Flanagan gets the ball and immediately looks to get rid of it, and either kicks it out, or gives away possession, I would start Halliday or even Wallace before him personally, Flanagan wouldn't even make the bench.

Neither has been bad, but Flanagan has been better (at fullback).  It's longer ago, so it's easy to forget Halliday being exposed on occasion.

As for going forward, it's pretty clear to see that he turns back and inside because he's uncomfortable going down the line on his left foot.

I'd start Wallace over him, because he's a left back.  I'd only start Halliday over him if last night's performances continued or if I felt that we needed more from a fullback in an attacking sense. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Neither has been bad, but Flanagan has been better (at fullback).  It's longer ago, so it's easy to forget Halliday being exposed on occasion.

As for going forward, it's pretty clear to see that he turns back and inside because he's uncomfortable going down the line on his left foot.

I'd start Wallace over him, because he's a left back.  I'd only start Halliday over him if last night's performances continued or if I felt that we needed more from a fullback in an attacking sense. 

Beat me to it . 

Flanagan has had some very good performances for us (mainly in European games) but he's not able to do it consistently and when he's bad he's really bad.

The passing element is a worry and whether its because he's right footed on the left or he's just not very good at it I think if he's going to be in the team he needs to be given clear and simple tasks to just play short passes and keep possession. He had a torrid time at the weekend where he was getting turned inside out and I saw the same last night (particularly for the goal).

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Deja vu again , we are falling into the same scenario. Gerrard has been given plenty cash and hasnt spent it well , the board will look at this and will be wary on how much more he gets just like the last few managers.

That is exactly my thinking too mate. 

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Honestly don't get the Worral hate. Think he is a very good centre back.

It's not hate, some of us just think Katic is better and since he is our player maybe it's wise to play him and let him develop, also what did Katic do wrong to deserve being bombed out? 

1 minute ago, dougie76 said:

It's not hate, some of us just think Katic is better and since he is our player maybe it's wise to play him and let him develop, also what did Katic do wrong to deserve being bomhed out? 

I have a feeling we have an agreement in place to buy Worral, and would be delighted if we do.

If so, then I think Worral is slightly better than Katic, although I rate them both.

Katic got injured which is why he dropped out. Worral came in and has been excellent in my opinion. Katic had to be hooked in his next match, which I think and hope was just a blip.

Worral is very rarely beaten in the air and wins almost all the challenges he goes into on the ground.

I think if people were being honest, they would agree that Goldson is the best defender we have, but there. Is not much between Worral and Katic. Both are young, promising and will improve.

Instead many seem to genuinely think that Worral is utter shite and Katic is far superior. I just don't see that, and neither does the gaffer.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I have a feeling we have an agreement in place to buy Worral, and would be delighted if we do.

If so, then I think Worral is slightly better than Katic, although I rate them both.

Katic got injured which is why he dropped out. Worral came in and has been excellent in my opinion. Katic had to be hooked in his next match, which I think and hope was just a blip.

Worral is very rarely beaten in the air and wins almost all the challenges he goes into on the ground.

I think if people were being honest, they would agree that Goldson is the best defender we have, but there. Is not much between Worral and Katic. Both are young, promising and will improve.

Instead many seem to genuinely think that Worral is utter shite and Katic is far superior. I just don't see that, and neither does the gaffer.

It's all about opinions mate but l personal think Katic is our best centre back but like you say it's only what Gerrard thinks that matters.

3 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Right you that’s too far ffs BlueMe

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You must be related to Worrall.

Dreadful at left back.

I personally wouldn’t mind him as a no nonsense right back or playing on the right hand side of a three man defence.

But teams have sussed that he can’t turn on his left foot so they half press to cancel out the ball inside to a midfielder and he’s always forced to play it back to the keeper or the centre half.

Killie were clever last night where they were forcing him to play to Worrall and were giving Worrall enough time to take one touch and then pounce.