Gerarrds Fault

berkshirebear

52 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It wasn't ever going to be fixed in one window. We will genuinely need to.have patience 

Prior to last night we were unbeaten in Europe which is some feat given we have a new manager, players + the qualifiers etc so something was obviously working...but then just recently we have thrown away points to Killie and Livi and have been knocked out of a cup by one of the worst Aberdeen sides in recent years - so we then have a situation that obviously isn't working.

There's an underlying issue somewhere - but transfer windows and patience isn't the answer (imo).

41 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Is Davis really the answer? He’ll be 34 in January and barely gets a game for a Southampton team battling relegation. 

Short term I think he would do a job and offer us a lot. We are desperate for a bit of know how in midfield and even at 34 and without the legs he used to have I think he would know exactly when we need to go and play and when need to maybe sit in and take the sting out of games. We need quality in midfield but I also think we are crying out for some proper experience in there too.

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Prior to last night we were unbeaten in Europe which is some feat given we have a new manager, players + the qualifiers etc so something was obviously working...but then just recently we have thrown away points to Killie and Livi and have been knocked out of a cup by one of the worst Aberdeen sides in recent years - so we then have a situation that obviously isn't working.

There's an underlying issue somewhere - but transfer windows and patience isn't the answer (imo).

What do you think is then because we can’t carry on ripping it up every six months in the hope that eventually we get a manager who somehow manages to drag a consistent level out of these players that they have already shown they don’t have the ability to sustain.

7 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

Yes the players were bad but by not making substitutions to correct the most obvious problems we ended up losing a match we could have won.

Flannagan was so bad a blind man could have seen it, he should have been pulled at Half-time and Halliday brought on. 

In midfield Ejaria and Coulibaly were both ineffective with both or either needing hooked within 10 minutes of the restart and replaced with Jack and Grezda.

Any change might have made a difference and of course if Morelos hadn't had a stunning goal chopped off then who knows what could have happened.

Gerrard needs to take a good hard look at some of his players and himself.

it's like he's just wanting to play the ones brought in regardless if worst than our own Scottish players already here. bloody hope that's not the case though!

17 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Ultimately it was still the decision of 25 out of 30 member SFL clubs though. Not the fans. We are not to blame here. FWIW I don't think Green's decision not to lobby other clubs was down to fan opinion and neither do I think lobbying other clubs (due to the MSM view we were guilty until proven innocent) would have been particularly successful.

Despite 2 European finals from 2 Scottish teams since the turn of the century I am inclined to agree with your second part although not consistently. Since 2012 it has declined beyond where it should be right now and that is attributable to the blue pound being removed from the top flight. We have by far sustained the greatest amount of damage as a club but certainly the rest of Scottish football has been affected.

The decision in 2012 to allow other clubs to decide the fate of Rangers was a farse! From the championship two league 2 it was financially beneficial for all lower league clubs to face Rangers at least four times in one season. Hence the yes vote, In that situation The SFA itself being the governor of football should have made the decision or at least provided a fairer solution!

36 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

it's like he's just wanting to play the ones brought in regardless if worst than our own Scottish players already here. bloody hope that's not the case though!

I know he's learning but It's costing us points.

He brought Katic and Goldson in, they formed a decent partnership then he brought Worrall in and dropped Katic, that was a huge mistake, changing a growing partnership and It's showed in the games where Worrall has played. Not even mentioning Flannagan any more.

So going by last night's discussions on this thread and accusations of being on drugs for my views,  I still come back to my point of thinking we aren't miles better than Hearts or Hibs. Anyone on this thread confident we will finish ahead of Hearts and ultimately finish 2nd? 

3 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

So going by last night's discussions on this thread and accusations of being on drugs for my views,  I still come back to my point of thinking we aren't miles better than Hearts or Hibs. Anyone on this thread confident we will finish ahead of Hearts and ultimately finish 2nd? 

Come the split, it will be down to us and the scum.

Hertz will have collapsed and I can see yellow fang closing in on third. His team don't have quality, but he appears to have the knack of getting in players of the right mentality. Bastards don't give up

Us and them to the death!

13 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Said at the time failure to beat Spartak at home would be the game that comes back to haunt us.

Gerrad's managerial faults are starting to show but how long does his 'honeymoon period' last...

For me, it ended when he made Tav captain. He shouldn't even be in the team. Complete & utter bombscare.

15 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Agreed For me there seems to be a lack of respect for Gerrard from some of the players. I think he needs to sell them in January as they could cause him to lose the dressing room. I also think King needs to give him enough money to buy more players,so that other players can be rested but I can't see that happening after a 14.3M loss.

13 hours ago, WATPWATP said:

If and we have all said this over and over he doesn't learn to change things when they need changed then it will be his downfall. Myself and a couple of bears watched the game in an aberdeen hotel and even the sheep were commenting how poor our left back and midfield were and we had to agree with them so why the manager can't see it is a fucking mystery to me. But it's going to cost him if he doesn't get his act together starting tomorrow.

46 minutes ago, left winger said:

While his point is obviously pish, I think it was clear we needed at least one substitution made at half time on Thursday.

yeah and we ALL KNEW which one that should've been replaced as it was so obvious,but not to Gerrard. worrying 

2 hours ago, WATPWATP said:

yeah and we ALL KNEW which one that should've been replaced as it was so obvious,but not to Gerrard. worrying 

It’s very worrying, but then again I’m sure there were blindingly obvious substitutions Walter should have made, but didn’t. 

However, it is a pattern that’s developing and he needs to work on it, along with his backroom team.