Morelos - How it happened

Vision

Rangers Finnish coach spots Finnish talent and gets him signed.

Anyone recall how many Scottish talents our Scottish coaches unearthed during last 10 years ? They even managed to miss Robertson even though he starred against us often enough and most of our fans knew he was a good un at the time.  

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Anyone recall how many Scottish talents our Scottish coaches unearthed during last 10 years ? They even managed to miss Robertson even though he starred against us often enough and most of our fans knew he was a good un at the time.  

We were always going to miss him. The pandemonium at the time just over shadowed everything else and no one at the club had the time or resources to spot him.

15 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

We were always going to miss him. The pandemonium at the time just over shadowed everything else and no one at the club had the time or resources to spot him.

This might be BS but I know somebody who knows somebody who had some involvement at Auchenhowie around about that time and he said people at the club told McCoist about Robertson before we even played Queens Park but after playing them however many times McCoist said to the person that he felt that Robertson needed another season before he would be ready for a move to us.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This might be BS but I know somebody who knows somebody who had some involvement at Auchenhowie around about that time and he said people at the club told McCoist about Robertson before we even played Queens Park but after playing them however many times McCoist said to the person that he felt that Robertson needed another season before he would be ready for a move to us.

Not surprised. But then again I know for a fact that Robertson wouldn't have signed for us.

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Feeble excuse from mccoist who just didnt know how to handle young players wanting and needing game time, hence the signing of stevie smith by the fucking clown

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Deary me. We really were in such bad condition from top to bottom durings those times. Still get the shudders whenever i think back.

9 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

He obviously wouldn't have fit into our Ajax footballing style.

And all the wee dicks on here trying to give me abuse last year cause I said I wasn't worried that he was going through a baron spell last season... It was clear from day one that this boy had what it takes to be a star at this club. Was just a little rough round the edges which could be easily fixed. Easily the most valuable player at our club now. Can't wait to see him next season. 

12 hours ago, tannerall said:

pretty sure the 18month signing embargo would have prevented us from going for Robertson 

13 hours ago, DBBTB said:

This issue was discussed on ClydeSSB a few weeks back.  They said McCoist knew of Robertson but decided not to go for him because we already had Lee Wallace at the club.