Ryan Jack and Kevin Thomson

Very similar in my opinion. Old firm goal aside. They two have got to be the most similar players I have seen in modern times. Both not the quickest but read the game so well and decent energy. Although both defensive mids both can play to decent effect a little further forward. Ie when Thomson had hemdani behind him and Jack with McCrorie. 

I like Jack but I don’t think he’s set the world alight while he’s been here. The 29th December aside!

Thomson was a much better player and I think Jack is more like Hemdani actually as more of a sitter and passer whereas McCrorie is more all action like Thomson.

51 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I like Jack but I don’t think he’s set the world alight while he’s been here. The 29th December aside!

Thomson was a much better player and I think Jack is more like Hemdani actually as more of a sitter and passer whereas McCrorie is more all action like Thomson.

Tbf this season Jacks brought his game to a different level. Question is can he keep up the improvement and kick ob again.

Once the major issues are sorted with the team the manager will then be looking for the extra 1-2% and imo that's when jack might be in trouble.

Thomson was far more expressive on the park.   His aggression in the tackle endeared him to the fans.  

A very clever player and in my opinion above Jack, at present.  

Jack continues to surprise me though, I didn’t think it would work out when he first signed and indeed last season was a bit stop start.   The signs this season are very encouraging. 

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Another 3/4 levels mate loved Thomson waa stick on next captain before Walter sold him to Middlesbrough

Right decision considering his injury record, a cracking player but could have been even better if it hadn't been for his bad luck with injuries. 

Kevin Thomson was a cracking player who had his career shortened with injury. Thomson never got to hit his peak, and his best days were behind him by the time he was 23-24 years old (given how long ago he played for us, its hard to believe he has only just turned 34).

We used to say "twice the player, half the price" when comparing him to Scott Brown.

I like Jack, I think he is a good player, but Thomson was a level above - if not for the initial serious injury Thomson would, in all likelihood, have been a legend at Rangers. In hindsight I'm certain we sold him to Middlesbrough knowing his career was going to be shortened - Thomson was a far better player than Middlesbrough.

As for the Jack v Thomson comparision. They share some similarities, but are distinct. Thomson was definitely a lot more dynamic.

I think Jack has upped his game this season and I have a feeling he will put in the same level of performance as the old firm from now on. I think Jack is easily good enough to be part of a title winning side that said I don't think he will be as good as Thomson but who knows still plenty of time.