Others need to step up now without el Buffalo.

dummiesoot

1 minute ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

At the time I thought Lafferty may be have been a good addition to the squad. Sadly I'm wrong. 

Canny handle cunts saying aye but he always comes good in the run in. Even if he did/does, big fucking wow, do it all the time you tosser. Always seems happy to just be on the periphery. 

That's harsh mate given the few minutes he gets to produce. If he plays 60- 75 % in the next three games and is still rubbish then I will agree with you. 

19 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Defoe has always played with a partner   

We need to change our system 😫

That's just not true, he almost single-handedly kept Sunderland up playing as a lone striker

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That's harsh mate given the few minutes he gets to produce. If he plays 60- 75 % in the next three games and is still rubbish then I will agree with you. 

Fair do's, obviously I hope he can step up and do the business but I just don't think he has what it takes to play with us these days unfortunately. 

If we can't beat St Johnstone and Hamilton in the league without Alfie then we don't doesn't to win the league. As good as he is we should have enough to cope without him if we are real title challengers. That's why Gerrard wanted depth with Lafferty and Defoe.

Kilmarnock is the one I'm worried about as Alfie has a knack of creating a goal from nothing which against a Kilmarnock is what is needed as they don't give away many chances.

I know most people think lafferty is absolutely pish and Defoes  lacking match sharpness but as an off the wall suggestion how do you think they 2 would function as a partnership in a 4-4-2? 

(no I’m not on smack but you can only pish with the cock you’ve got) 

Would it be worth a go? I’d probably be more inclined to just 1 for 1 swap Morelos and Defoe and leave it at that.

Genuinelly cannot comprehend why people would play Lafferty ahead of Defoe in a 4-5-1. Defoe is about 5 classes above Lafferty in every department except height. 

Defoe has spent his career playing against the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher and numerous others. A fair few fucking times upfront on his own. 

He might not be as strong as Morelos but his football brain is twice as good as Alfredo. Lafferty should not be anywhere near the starting 11 tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

Genuinelly cannot comprehend why people would play Lafferty ahead of Defoe in a 4-5-1. Defoe is about 5 classes above Lafferty in every department except height. 

Defoe has spent his career playing against the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher and numerous others. A fair few fucking times upfront on his own. 

He might not be as strong as Morelos but his football brain is twice as good as Alfredo. Lafferty should not be anywhere near the starting 11 tomorrow. 

Who are these idiots?

Defoe doesn't have it in him to be lone striker for 90 minutes. For me Gerrard has to be  considering a  4:4:2 with Lafferty partnering Defoe. I know Lafferty so far has been disappointing but his past record shows that he can score important goals towards the end of a season.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Team now need to come together and supply Defoe balls in the box he will score goals 

Was going to post something very similar to this. I think we should go with width, (we didn’t last time and Boyd actually stated the way we set up suited Kilmarnock’s tactics and play). If we can provide decent service then I have no doubt he will bring us goals...

50 minutes ago, Amato said:

Should recall Herrera to act as the target man with Defoe playing off him. If it works we could sell Morelos for a hefty fee in the summer and offer Herrera a new contract

Yep and you should get back to the pub or the bottle and stop talking utter shite 👍

1 hour ago, Burts91 said:

Alfredo makes his own chances,whereas Defoe waits on his..

That's the difference 👍