Wouldn't suprise me if Gerrard doesn't see out the season

KingKirk

As already said, it is the players that are letting us down more recently, but I also have to look at our recruitment as well.

We seriously have to look at our recruitment, so many have failed, and badly. Apart from Kamara, the rest of our January signing have done next to f-all, the same can be said from out Eastern European signings.

21 minutes ago, gmcf said:

He'll be here for the next couple I reckon but hes going to have to get some players in that are proven winners . 

We've not got enough players that have ever won anything big and it shows. 

He will not be here that long if he doesn't learn how to manage a team.

7 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I would say 9's almost inevitable now. I don't see a sufficient swing in squads happening in one (or two) transfer windows

They have a summer of a larger turnover of players than previous seasons as well as potentially a new man in the dugout so they may not hit the ground running. Grasping at straws I guess but they are the facts.

I refuse to concede 9 is inevitable. We need to be more cute regarding tactics. We are too one dimentional and the 4-3-3 will continue to break down until we have the upgrade in quality to implement it correctly. Our wide men and midfield as many have mentioned do not contribute enough goals or assists for 433 to work. Most of us can see this so believe me Gerrard will also.

As we have seen time and time again mark Alfredo and Tav out the game and we are toothless. As much as I like Alfredo both him and Tav should be sold if the right money is offered and all proceeds have to be made available to add the quality in the areas I have mentioned.

We also need to be able to change formations and if Morelos can't play as a two I'm afraid regardless of how good he is he is of little use to us to where we need to be.

Summer recruitment is going to have to be bang on this summer or we will continue to see the same pattern of play next season.

Manager is not going anywhere for the foreseeable. 

But he's got a lot of work to do this summer. Recruitment is going to have to be practically spot on. 

433 isn't working consistently as we lack quality in the key areas of the formation. Wingers that can contribute more alongside the striker and midfielder playmaker are a must.

He also needs to move on players that have failed consistently. For me that's guys like tav and candieas. 

Look at the fan response around Pedro when he was this shite compared to Gerrard, people were begging for him to be sacked

But because it's Gerrard he gets the season or even another season (with another huge budget) to try and beat the great Aberdeen at home

He was a world class player but he's pish manager, the longer we stick with him the longer it's going to take to recover from it. He's got to go this morning

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Manager is not going anywhere for the foreseeable. 

But he's got a lot of work to do this summer. Recruitment is going to have to be practically spot on. 

433 isn't working consistently as we lack quality in the key areas of the formation. Wingers that can contribute more alongside the striker and midfielder playmaker are a must.

He also needs to move on players that have failed consistently. For me that's guys like tav and candieas. 

It’s such a minor tweak but I think we need to go to a 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-3-3 because we just don’t get enough from the midfield three. Having three “grafters” in there isn’t working because we have basically no creativity, guys who are happy to take the safe option time and time again and nobody trying to get forward and break the lines.

If Gerrard wants to make it as a manager then he has to start showing that he has more about him than trying a cheap imitation of what Liverpool do under Klopp.

Personally I think we need to give Gerrard as long as possible to get this right. Players need to be made more accountable for their actions.

I would start with a kick the duffers day at Auchinhowie. The day after bad results we pay to boot the worst 3 players in the bollocks. A fiver for 3 kicks etc.

It could fund the next transfer window.

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It’s such a minor tweak but I think we need to go to a 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-3-3 because we just don’t get enough from the midfield three. Having three “grafters” in there isn’t working because we have basically no creativity, guys who are happy to take the safe option time and time again and nobody trying to get forward and break the lines.

If Gerrard wants to make it as a manager then he has to start showing that he has more about him than trying a cheap imitation of what Liverpool do under Klopp.

It will require an attacking midfielder to be found. The no 10 a lot have been requesting. 

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The players have let him and us down badly. This team can play, they have shown that in a number of games.

It seems they can't be arsed to do it consistently. It's an attitude problem.

Stevie, please replace with mentally stronger players.

Is it attitude, or is it the fact they lack the ability to consistently perform at the high level required to win for us? So for short bursts they push themselves hard to win, but can't maintain that level of effort over a full season? 

So a guy like candeias for example can look great for a few games because he's bursting a gut, but then runs out of gas for a few games so starts to look a bit shit. 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

It will require an attacking midfielder to be found. The no 10 a lot have been requesting. 

I’ll be slated for this but I honestly think we made a mistake selling Windass in the Summer. 

I know he was lazy as fuck and he’s an absolute headbanger of a boy but he was a player who was direct and who would make things happen.

We’ve missed having him as an option this season and if we didn’t want him we should have replaced him with somebody who was like for like.

24 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Since Kamara has signed its looked to me like we have changed to more of a 4-2-3-1 shape. Kamara and Jack sitting next to each other with Arfield supposed to be getting up to support Morelos more.

If we go out of Europe early next season (presuming we get there in the first place) then the pressure will start to build and domestic form will be properly scrutinised. 

In saying that, the taigs might implode under Lennon and we win the league this season with a record low points total.... 

I've got a feeling I've seen this story before but I hope I'm wrong. If he doesn't challenge any more than this season by this time next year we'll be looking for another manager again.

Its very worrying he's not been able to counteract the same tactics from the likes of Killie and Aberdeen every time we've played them from October onwards.

He also needs to recruit well in the summer or he's toast.

1 hour ago, dougie76 said:

He will not be here that long if he doesn't learn how to manage a team.

Somewhere along the line we are going to have to give someone time to get it right . We can't afford to keep changing it like we have both Pedro and Warburton,  complete with the turnover of players which that involves . 

It's frustrating because there are times we play really well , but the lack of consistency , and getting a run together to build on , is killing us .

It won’t say much for him if he chucks it after a season for fuck sake. I still think there’s a good manager in there. He has a lot to learn, but he’s taken on a massive club for his first job and that was never going to be easy. We should also remember that he took us into the Europa league and we didn’t disgrace ourselves there. We’ve also beaten the tarriers this season and for those comparing him to Pedro and Warburton, they should remember that. If he doesn’t learn from his mistakes, he’ll be another also ran and won’t last till next Xmas. I’m hoping that’s not the case and I’m still relatively confident that he’s the man for the job. 

10 minutes ago, OhW said:

Since Kamara has signed its looked to me like we have changed to more of a 4-2-3-1 shape. Kamara and Jack sitting next to each other with Arfield supposed to be getting up to support Morelos more.

Good point mate. Here lies another issue. Arfield has struggled to get forward and provide a threat. His shooting has been poor.

@DBBTB  this is where windass was working last season. I agreed with selling him due to attitude and his ability to disappear. But we should have got a replacement. 

18 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

he would've quit Liverpool for Chelsea all those years ago.

Gerrard's U-turn after threats to his family

by CHARLES SALE, Daily Mail

Last updated at 14:45 29 June 2004

Steven Gerrard's record-breaking transfer to Chelsea has been derailed because of a hate campaign directed at his family by Liverpool fans furious at the prospect of losing their captain and best player.

The England midfielder had agreed a £30million-plus move to Stamford Bridge, together with personal terms that would have doubled his £60,000-aweek wages.

But the intolerable pressure his family faced on Merseyside, including threatening phone calls and letters, played a pivotal role in Gerrard's U-turn over a move to London.

The abuse directed at Gerrard had reached vitriolic levels in local newspapers and on various websites. The concern for the player was that his close relatives, who live in the city, would have to bear the brunt of further venom following his departure from Anfield.