Wouldn't suprise me if Gerrard doesn't see out the season

KingKirk

10 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can dress it up however you want if we finish second we've improved and progress has been made. 

Dressing it up is exactly what you're doing by saying that

We've made "progress" because other teams have been worse, not because we've been better. That's dressing it up to suit the fact that people can't accept Gerrard isn't a good manager and I have doubts he ever will be.

World class player aye but as a manager he's been very poor so far and would've been sacked by now if he was a no name, that's the only reason he's still here today.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Agree good investment is everything we must get rid of the loans as well it's a shambles we have these average loan players keeping our own players from progressing fair enough if the loan was a top quality player.

Just concerned we’ve blown our pot on chasing it this year.

Hope they’ve kept a bit back!

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Dressing it up is exactly what you're doing by saying that

We've made "progress" because other teams have been worse, not because we've been better. That's dressing it up to suit the fact that people can't accept Gerrard isn't a good manager and I have doubts he ever will be.

World class player aye but as a manager he's been very poor so far and would've been sacked by now if he was a no name, that's the only reason he's still here today.

Aye let's sack him and debate amongst ourselves about who should get it between Alex Neil, Tommy Wright, Gary Rowett and several other no-mark cunts again.

Anyone who thinks there hasn't been progress is fucking blind.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Aye let's sack him and debate amongst ourselves about who should get it between Alex Neil, Tommy Wright, Gary Rowett and several other no-mark cunts again.

Anyone who thinks there hasn't been progress is fucking blind.

Several other no mark cunts...1 of them took points off us not long ago, with a team built with a fraction of ours. Gerrard as a manager is a no mark cunt, he's got no experience and a piss poor record.

Can keep saying we've made progress until you're blue in the face but the facts are he has less wins than Pedro did after the same amount of games & got eliminated from the cup earlier than he did, after spending alot more money.

That's not progress.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Can keep saying we've made progress until you're blue in the face but the facts are he has less wins than Pedro did after the same amount of games & got eliminated from the cup earlier than he did, after spending alot more money.

That's not progress.

Gerrard took us to the group stages of the Europa League (becoming only the second club to do it after entering in the first qualifying round IIRC)

How did Pedro far in that same competition again?

I'd love to see SG succeed, we all would, but in the name of god, when it's not working, change it, please, change the formation, make a substitution, just do something, standing doing nothing isn't an option, and that's my worry, when things are going tits up, we do nothing, our only consistency. 

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Gerrard took us to the group stages of the Europa League (becoming only the second club to do it after entering in the first qualifying round IIRC)

He deserves the credit for doing that & has gotten it from fans/media etc, he's been living off that for the whole season & the only reason he's not under more pressure is the European run.

Doesn't take away from the fact he's done worse domestically than a manager that most of the fanbase were screaming to get rid of after spending a small fortune (relatively speaking)

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

That stat's a bit off. Apollon Limassol, Copenhagen and Sarpsborg 08 all managed to navigate all the qualifiers this season alongside us. Think about 8 clubs have managed it total. We might be the 2nd British team to do it though.

Anyway, how far did Pedro get in the league cup? Same as Gerrard.

How far did Murty and Warburton (in the league below) get in the scottish cup? Further than Gerrard.

Gerrard got the groups in Europe, great, we desperately needed the money. However, to fuck up everything else as badly as he has, it's not good enough. No matter how much Europe is used to let him away with the domestic shite he's given us. 

20 minutes ago, backup said:

Was told SG was confident of signing Kent, MA decided we were signing Jones, a free over someone who would have cost money...moral in that somewhere. 

I’m 100% sure that no cunt other than the Gaffer has a final say on players he’s to work with. 

Nature of the man tells you this

I don't think Gerrard is the problem.

We need to sign mentally stronger players. We need to do our homework a bit more diligently. Skill and ability wise we are not too far off the pace tbh

You only know a person's mental strength after working with them for a while.

But we need to try and suss that out before we sign players.

Speak to ex managers, teammates etc

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m 100% sure that no cunt other than the Gaffer has a final say on players he’s to work with. 

Nature of the man tells you this

You could be right but there again financia considerations are probably the fulcrum.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Who the fuck is going to offer him a contract?

a rookie who has won nothing and is at the start of a promising career?

er no wait, what!

If he had came here, won the league, or even a cup, no clubs will be looking at him just now imo 

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Just concerned we’ve blown our pot on chasing it this year.

Hope they’ve kept a bit back!

It's hard to work out how much we have spent probably not really a lot considering the loans, Gerrard did not really have a lot of money. We should still be horsing teams like Hibs Kilmarnock and Aberdeen though.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Several other no mark cunts...1 of them took points off us not long ago, with a team built with a fraction of ours. Gerrard as a manager is a no mark cunt, he's got no experience and a piss poor record.

That's not progress.

Is it easier to sit in, frustrate, have minimal contact with the ball and aim to slow the game down at every opportunity than it is to break down and beat a team doing this?

Candeias squares it when he should have and Lewis doesn't save from Morelos in the 2nd half, and suddenly the "tactical genius" of McInnes looks anything but.

Add in the fact the ref had another fucking shocker and allowed them to get away with foul after foul, Considine deserved about 4 yellows the cunt for example.

We need a couple of better players a level above what we have in key areas, not a new manager.

We can't just keep bringing in players.We needed a Manager/coach who could improve players,who was tactically astute and who could bring on youngsters .Instead we got a rookie" big name" glamour appointment designed to get the "place jumpin ".The type of appointment which has failed so often all over world football. I said all this last year and the scenario is working out just as I thought.An initial burst of euphoria resulting in some decent results then gradually running out of ideas when faced with challenges.We are now behind the eight ball as we can't afford to get rid of Gerrard even if we want to unless he decides to quit ,which is unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Is it easier to sit in, frustrate, have minimal contact with the ball and aim to slow the game down at every opportunity than it is to break down and beat a team doing this?

Candeias squares it when he should have and Lewis doesn't save from Morelos in the 2nd half, and suddenly the "tactical genius" of McInnes looks anything but.

Add in the fact the ref had another fucking shocker and allowed them to get away with foul after foul, Considine deserved about 4 yellows the cunt for example.

We need a couple of better players a level above what we have in key areas, not a new manager.

Course it's easier to sit in than it is to break a team down but with the money we've spent we shouldn't be 1/6 against Aberdeen this season, that's a horrific stat. 

All ifs and buts about last night, end of the day we were pish and barely tested Lewis, alot of possession and very little to show from it, was a Warburton game all over, just passing from side to side and getting hit on the counter.

We do need better players I agree but do you trust Gerrard to get them? 7 of the starters last night were his signings & his transfer record since being here is poor to say the least. Our 2 best players with any sell on potential are Morelos/Tav, both signed by previous managers.

6 hours ago, OhW said:

Don't blame "the internet". You're just a mongo.

Couldn't give a fuck tbh. Never taken seriously and that's how I live my life. Post stupid shit course but you'll no see my going back to delete it. Made the post can take the slaughtering nae bother

It's all good fun

42 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Gerrard is a better manager than Pedro(wouldn't be hard) but said it a few times on here that the qualifying for the Europa League is massively overstated. People are too stuck on the Progres result which is arguably the worst result in our history and a one off. Pedro won 3-0 at Aberdeen, yes he lost 5-1 against the scum which was embarrassing, but you're lying to yourself if the 1-0 result wasn't the same dominance bar the scum not having their scoring boots on that day!

We SHOULD be beating the likes of Shkupi, Oisjek and Ufa. The Maribor tie deserve praise. The group stage was a disaster, to think people claim we 'made a go of it' against three sides who sacked the manager!

This thread is as embarrassing as KK post last night, considering him and some others who have completely changed their tune(again) and had a go at others for predicting us to flop in the league under Gerrard last year when the signs were clear! Sadly the small club mentality our fanbase now has means many take too long to admit failings. Actually cringe at the same poster(s) harping on about second place, that is not Rangers standards ffs.

If changed my tune about Gerrard? Naw like it or not these next 9 games the players could force the manager oot. 2pumpings by scum fc he is done.

Do I think he should be no but fans just wont put up with that.

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Why do people keep posting such comments?

Gerrard has been here 9 months and it's the same inconsistency and mistakes over and over. There's not one single sign he can change a match!

As for the winning trophies comment, that's bullshit, what our fans want is to at least challenge for silverware, not to go out to Aberdeen in both cups in Glasgow. 

Are you suggesting it's acceptable to be in March, 8 points behind with no chance of winning the league and pumped out of both cups by Aberdeen?

First point- No it’s not. Last night was the first time all season we’d lost by two goals. 

He has shown he can adapt to games like Ufa, Maribor away, cellic at home, st mirren at home etc. All very different fixtures, all of which we played differently and were successful in. 

Question his subs and timing of them aye but to suggest it’s the same mistakes is clearly not true. 

I agree about consistency and I’ve said this since Christmas. Consistency comes with 3 or 4 quality players who give you  a 9/10 every week and drag you past stuffy teams like Aberdeen. 

Point 2- going out in the cups unfortunately happens when you don’t have the quality on the park, like I’ve said our inconsistency is down to quality we don’t possess. 

Point 3 is hypothetical, we don’t not have no chance of winning the league, say we win on Saturday and they drop two points, do we still have no chance? I don’t think we will win the league but to say there’s no chance is just fabricated nonsense. 

The semi final against Aberdeen is just one of those games which again shows my point, we lack quality. We only had Sadiq that game and I’d bet any amount of cash that we win that game with either Morelos, Defoe or Lafferty up front. 

Last night was a shocker, granted but like I will keep saying we don’t have 3/4 outfield players who will drag us through games when the rest are having absolute stinkers.