Players that left too soon

Johnsey

1 hour ago, SteveEarle said:

A lot of great players mentioned here but I always thought we could have squeezed another season out of Ray Wilkins.

Souness said he replaced wilkins with spackman as he needed another worker in the midfield compared to the creative player, 

7 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

My recollection of this. He was on 21k per week and was offered 7k to stay. He found that offer insulting and decided to retire. At the time I thought footballers must have made so much money that they could afford to retire early rather than play for 7k a week. Some current players are on that kind of money today. So although he had principles I still felt he should have stayed. Some would ask me if I would have taken a 66.6% pay cut.

But I still think he should have stayed. 

Agree that he was a class act

Totally agree.

been his company a couple times around 2005, he looked incredible.

i thought the same, so insulted he chose to retire earning nothing than earning 20-30000 a month instead of 100-120000 a month.

obviously not interested in moving because some club somewhere would have easily have gave him £10000 a week at least. 

5 hours ago, thebluedoo said:

Gordon Smith 1977 - 1980, we made a great profit off him (bought for 65,000 sold for 440,000) but we may have got a lot more for him and won more Trophies had we held on to him. Was a real hero of mine as a kid :bow:

Great shout, whenever anyone asks me who my favourite Rangers attacking pair was I can't separate between Gordon Smith/DJ or McCoist/ Hately, Smith was a perfect foil for DJ and I couldn't believe we let him go.

3 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Great shout, whenever anyone asks me who my favourite Rangers attacking pair was I can't separate between Gordon Smith/DJ or McCoist/ Hately, Smith was a perfect foil for DJ and I couldn't believe we let him go.

👍

Similarly I felt the same way when I heard that Baxter was going mate .... and was shocked that he was allowed to leave ..... was over the moon when he returned ... but unfortunately for JB he was a shadow of himself second time around .... and seldom did he reach his past top class form.

I believe from impeccable contacts in the know .... that Pele himself was inconsolable .... :p:

:UK:

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Didn’t know whether or not to be pleased someone agreed with me on a Windass post that was more a fish than serious 😂

She's obviously gagging for the cock, get fired in before it's too late ma man