Those “marquee” signings?

KeyserSoze

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

That is the biggest worry for me. Brought in no one that betters our first 11 for a team that finished 9 behind the filth and didn’t make a final. 

If anything we’re weaker now we’ve lost Kent, and replaced him with Ojo. 

Aribo might be good, but again, who knows and we’ve not even got that over the line yet. 

Work to be done if we want to win the league, and if we don’t capitalise on the filth making an arse of it we’re in bother. 

How do you know we haven't brought in anyone better than what we had....wait until you have seen them play under the system Gerrard wishes them to play  in....Jordan Jones, hastie, ojo & stewart could all  be a revelations for us next season or equally they all could be dung...I will reserve judgement until I see them in action 

Was at the Player of the Year do and Mark Allen did say something along the lines of, 'fingers crossed we could have an exciting summer' which makes me think there may be something else lined up thats a bit higher profile, but that could be wishful thinking.

To be fair tho, wasn't that long ago Aribo was being linked with Arsenal and Man City -  if we pull it off as looks likely its a bit of a coup.

30 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Season ticket sales, last years Europa group stages, getting rid of some of the deadwood....... are you trying to say we have no money for transfers? I admit, Kent may be a stretch but surely we will spunk some money on someone.

Have you considered the club’s running costs and expenditure into that?

2 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

What about “Blue Chip”?

:lol:

Regardless of whatever name tag is used mate .... they will be paid for by .... "The Blue Pound" .....  :winnings:

Let's hope there's a tidy bundle of them to buy in ... or pay for loanees with the quality we require .... to attain our 55th league title this coming season.

:UK:

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

That is the biggest worry for me. Brought in no one that betters our first 11 for a team that finished 9 behind the filth and didn’t make a final. 

If anything we’re weaker now we’ve lost Kent, and replaced him with Ojo. 

Aribo might be good, but again, who knows and we’ve not even got that over the line yet. 

Work to be done if we want to win the league, and if we don’t capitalise on the filth making an arse of it we’re in bother. 

Tbf Ojo is/was higher rated than Kent and was part of England's u17 WC winning squad . Sure we don't know how he will take to the league but I'm sure we have an equal talent to what Kent is .

38 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

How do you know we haven't brought in anyone better than what we had....wait until you have seen them play under the system Gerrard wishes them to play  in....Jordan Jones, hastie, ojo & stewart could all  be a revelations for us next season or equally they all could be dung...I will reserve judgement until I see them in action 

I’ve seen all of them play multiple times, including Ojo, and there’s nothing that would indicate they’d improve our ‘best’ starting 11 from last season. 

They could be revelations, but that would be surprising. 

10 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

Tbf Ojo is/was higher rated than Kent and was part of England's u17 WC winning squad . Sure we don't know how he will take to the league but I'm sure we have an equal talent to what Kent is .

That’s fine, but Kent took a number of months to really start making an impact, and even then he’s more the exception to the rule that most loans we have turn out to be average at best. 

Be surprised if Ojo betters Kent’s contribution. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

I used to feel the same way until the last two OF games. I know he got sent off on one but he came to play on the big stage.

The game at New Year he was Outstanding, excellent half hour at Parkhead.

The games against them suit him as they’re open.

Really good on the wing but i thought he toiled when played as the Number 10 towards end of season.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I actually think anyone that actively wants Morelos to leave is an idiot 

I don't mean people that say give us 20 million and you can have him, I mean the morons that just state they want him gone 

Half agree with you. 

Was done with him after the OF he got the red in. Softened slightly on that stance, but he needs his head screwed on. 55 is a must this year. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Half agree with you. 

Was done with him after the OF he got the red in. Softened slightly on that stance, but he needs his head screwed on. 55 is a must this year. 

His red card at the Chamber of Secrets is the first sending off he's deserved. 

Prove me wrong. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Prove me wrong. 

Don’t totally disagree with you, but he puts himself in a position to give the refs the option. 

He must know he’s targeted, and needs to curb the petulance accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I actually think anyone that actively wants Morelos to leave is an idiot 

I don't mean people that say give us 20 million and you can have him, I mean the morons that just state they want him gone 

Not sure if that makes me an idiot or not. 

I think we are a better team without him. I recognise and appreciate his strengths and think he is a talent that we have been fortunate to have, but his card is marked in Scotland and I think it would be best for all parties if someone came in with an offer north of 14 million and let him go and grow somewhere else while we put the money to use on someone that doesn’t do daft we things that over zealous officials can’t wait to book him for

If that doesn’t happen and we start next season with him battling Defoe for a starting slot then so be it. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Don’t totally disagree with you, but he puts himself in a position to give the refs the option. 

He must know he’s targeted, and needs to curb the petulance accordingly. 

It's the same argument that was spoke about all last season tbf, I've yet to be convinced that he's got a temper or is petulant etc. 

If he plays for the beasts there is no chance on this planet he gets sent off or even booked as much, that tells me all I need to know. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Prove me wrong. 

At home v the sheep was fully deserved and most people knew it was coming. 

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Not sure if that makes me an idiot or not. 

I think we are a better team without him. I recognise and appreciate his strengths and think he is a talent that we have been fortunate to have, but his card is marked in Scotland and I think it would be best for all parties if someone came in with an offer north of 14 million and let him go and grow somewhere else while we put the money to use on someone that doesn’t do daft we things that over zealous officials can’t wait to book him for

If that doesn’t happen and we start next season with him battling Defoe for a starting slot then so be it. 

I think we found a formation that suited us, with Arfield getting beyond Defoe, when Morelos was out. 

I’d like to see us play that way with him in the side. Contributes more than Defoe. 

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Possibly, but he’s the only player we’ve got that can consistently take on and beat a man.

We’re pretty one dimensional at the best of times.

Is that not exactly why we have  signed Stewart and Ojo?

Both of them have that bit of skill and unpredictability about them. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's the same argument that was spoke about all last season tbf, I've yet to be convinced that he's got a temper or is petulant etc. 

If he plays for the beasts there is no chance on this planet he gets sent off or even booked as much, that tells me all I need to know. 

Only player i’ve seen who doesn’t speak a word of English yet gets booked for dissent..