Joe Aribo

dee9

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had a quick look at the Charlton forum, and I honestly think this is the most ridiculous comment I have EVER read. Top 8 in League One would smash Rangers and Feyenoord. Not tongue in cheek. Means it. If we were to play Charlton - CHARLTON - with a weakened side tomorrow we'd go off favourites and win in second gear. FWIW, think Aribo was decent when he came on.

A.png

2 minutes ago, BillStruthBear said:

Just had a quick look at the Charlton forum, and I honestly think this is the most ridiculous I have EVER read. Top 8 in League One would smash Rangers and Feyenoord. Not tongue in cheek. Means it. If we were to play Charlton - CHARLTON - with a weakened side tomorrow we'd go off favourites and win in second gear.

A.png

"Having to dumb down his play to fit in" :lol:

16 minutes ago, BillStruthBear said:

Just had a quick look at the Charlton forum, and I honestly think this is the most ridiculous comment I have EVER read. Top 8 in League One would smash Rangers and Feyenoord. Not tongue in cheek. Means it. If we were to play Charlton - CHARLTON - with a weakened side tomorrow we'd go off favourites and win in second gear. FWIW, think Aribo was decent when he came on.

A.png

Deluded wankers of the world like this. 

38 minutes ago, BillStruthBear said:

A.png

Salty cunts

38 minutes ago, BillStruthBear said:

A.png

Reckon our Colts would give Charlton a game tbh, and I’m being serious 😂

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Aribo looks good against teams that give him space more suited to European games at the moment as cant handle the savagery and intensity in our league, that will come in time though.

Thought he was the perfect guy to bring on at that time of the game, cool on the ball and can keep a hold of it/create pockets of space which is exactly what we needed to do at that time. As much as I think he’s a great player I think that the pressure and intensity last nights line up dishes out proved Gerrard was right not to start him last night and most probably in the next Old Firm game as well. 

Nigeria boss Gernot Rohr has revealed he changed his mind and will include Rangers ' Joe Aribo in their glamour friendly against Brazil after originally planning on not using him.

Aribo netted on his international debut for Nigeria against Ukraine earlier this month just three minutes into the game and impressed hugely during the 2-2 draw.

The Super Eagles face Brazil in another friendly in Singapore next month and Aribo has kept his place in the squad following a strong start to the season in Steven Gerrard 's team.

But Nigeria's manager Rohr has admitted he wasn't going to include him.

He explained: "My plan was to play a very experimental line-up against Ukraine and use several new players, but then go back to playing my strongest team against Brazil.

"I wasn't going to include some of those new players that played against Ukraine, but I had to change my mind because of their performances.

"One of the new players, Joe Aribo , impressed me so much that I now regard him as an important member of the team and so he will play against Brazil.

"We have AFCON qualifiers against Benin and Lesotho coming up and I want my strongest squad to play Brazil ahead of them."

And Aribo admitted he can't wait to face the South American superstars.

He said: "To play against Brazil are the type of games players look forward to and it’s no different for me.

"It will be a test of how far we have come as a team. It’s a game I have to admit I want to play in badly."

Brilliant news tbh.

48 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Nigeria boss Gernot Rohr has revealed he changed his mind and will include Rangers ' Joe Aribo in their glamour friendly against Brazil after originally planning on not using him.

Aribo netted on his international debut for Nigeria against Ukraine earlier this month just three minutes into the game and impressed hugely during the 2-2 draw.

The Super Eagles face Brazil in another friendly in Singapore next month and Aribo has kept his place in the squad following a strong start to the season in Steven Gerrard 's team.

But Nigeria's manager Rohr has admitted he wasn't going to include him.

He explained: "My plan was to play a very experimental line-up against Ukraine and use several new players, but then go back to playing my strongest team against Brazil.

"I wasn't going to include some of those new players that played against Ukraine, but I had to change my mind because of their performances.

"One of the new players, Joe Aribo , impressed me so much that I now regard him as an important member of the team and so he will play against Brazil.

"We have AFCON qualifiers against Benin and Lesotho coming up and I want my strongest squad to play Brazil ahead of them."

And Aribo admitted he can't wait to face the South American superstars.

He said: "To play against Brazil are the type of games players look forward to and it’s no different for me.

"It will be a test of how far we have come as a team. It’s a game I have to admit I want to play in badly."

Brilliant news tbh.

High praise. Nice to see he's  made a big impression. Good luck to him.

Am I the only one still not convinced by him?  Thought he started superbly and we were onto a winner with him, but then he’s fell away and just goes missing majority of games.  Done it on Sunday aswell apart from a 15 minute spell. 

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Am I the only one still not convinced by him?  Thought he started superbly and we were onto a winner with him, but then he’s fell away and just goes missing majority of games.  Done it on Sunday aswell apart from a 15 minute spell. 

It’s the different styles of football he needs to adapt to. He has looked pretty good in Euro games and pretty lost in league games. 

Said the same about Barisic and then he turned in a stormer against St j. So maybe it’s about confidence or just getting accustomed to it. 

He has the quality though so hopefully it will shine through in the end 

Aribo has taken a huge step in moving from Charlton to Ibrox. It is paying off for him with international recognition and exposure to European football.

Young and clearly talented. Forget what his development fee was but around 300k as I recall. Great piece of business.

Consistency comes with experience - rather like Kent last season. Confident that he will come good.

Still playing within himself I feel but it's a massive culture shock going from a team like Charlton to our demands, I get the feeling he is too focussed on not making mistakes to point of becoming passive.  He needs to be braver in his runs and when he has the ball. Throw caution to the wind a bit and trust his ability.

Still believe he will come good, bags of potential.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

New player bounce when he came in and think he's now maybe adjusting to the frequency of must win games. Can't have had anything like this in his career so far. 

Actually hope he is through his blip - was a lot better Sunday (second half). 

Still a young player so needs time but he's clearly talented. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived