Joe Aribo

dee9

11 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Look far more positive when he’s on, he was clearly signed to be a more positive player in our midfield so I’m wondering why we’re still starting 3 defensive mids against nobodies

One of those “defensive” midfielders timed his run perfectly into the box to score our first goal.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

One of those “defensive” midfielders timed his run perfectly into the box to score our first goal.

He did, but you can deny Jack is primarily a more defensive minded midfielder. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think, in fairness to Jack, that his role and skill set is evolving. He’s a tidy player who rarely gives the ball away and can pick a pass (which is why SG would’ve wanted him in a potential banana skin game).

And now we’re seeing him getting forward, into the box and chipping in with goals too. Let’s see how he continues to develop...

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I think he could be good enough and young enough to become as much a box to box as sitting midfielder, who better to learn different midfield roles than our management team?

On 09/07/2019 at 23:55, BlueThunder said:

I’m not seeing it yet. Don’t get me wrong, he hasn’t played badly, and he had a nice turn to get out of trouble and his general play was tidy, but all i’m seeing so far is a decent player,  not an excellent one.

I think he will do well, but I think the plaudits are premature, that’s all. 

Bossed it the day. I Like

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Aribo and Kamara should start every game IMO.  Both look really good.  Davis or Jack in the holding role.

Tbf, BOTH Jack & Davis were good today. Someone has to miss out and it will be harsh. Plus we still have Arfield to come back.

Supremely talented guy with all the physical attributes to go with it. Looks like he's strolling through games at the moment with complete ease and gas barely lost the ball in the minutes he's played so far. 

I've no idea if it's in his character to have an aggressive side to his game, he's come across as quite laid back and softly spoken in the interviews I've seen so far. If he does though, and Gerrard can get it out of him he could completely dominate games for us this season if he puts his mind to it. 

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Tbf, BOTH Jack & Davis were good today. Someone has to miss out and it will be harsh. Plus we still have Arfield to come back.

I’d have Arfield on that LW instead of Jones in all honesty.  Playing him in a more advanced role allowing him to focus on making those dangerous runs in to the box and being a goal threat.  We pulled this same stunt years ago with Naismith and it was very effective.  Plus, Jones doesn’t strike me as being very good.

Aribo and Kamara are very good on the ball.  Have them either side of holding midfielder and I think we’ll dominate teams in possession.

Archived