BBC Scotland,Martin Geissler and Chris Mc Laughlin

In a late afternoon  trailer for 'The Nine'  ,Geissler,alleged  big timeJambo,  one of its main reporters referenced the Ibrox game against the Danes to be played later in the evening with a quip anong the lines of would Rangers  European hopes be 'extinct' after the result .He knew exactly how he was framing the comment and in what context he was making it.

Earlier in the week we had  Chris McLaughlin  in a BBC 'scoop' berating the Scotland's women team coach over her alleged abuse of players who allegedly were reviewing their position in the team following the confrontation.

He was direct and incisive  in terms of her consumption of alcohol during a meal  and the part it may or may not have played in said incident later on.

It made me wonder why he had failed abysmally to take celtic officials to task for far more serious abuse allegations and their inaction at the time to compensate said victims.

5 hours ago, doc holliday said:

In a late afternoon  trailer for 'The Nine'  ,Geissler,alleged  big timeJambo,  one of its main reporters referenced the Ibrox game against the Danes to be played later in the evening with a quip anong the lines of would Rangers  European hopes be 'extinct' after the result .He knew exactly how he was framing the comment and in what context he was making it.

Earlier in the week we had  Chris McLaughlin  in a BBC 'scoop' berating the Scotland's women team coach over her alleged abuse of players who allegedly were reviewing their position in the team following the confrontation.

He was direct and incisive  in terms of her consumption of alcohol during a meal  and the part it may or may not have played in said incident later on.

It made me wonder why he had failed abysmally to take celtic officials to task for far more serious abuse allegations and their inaction at the time to compensate said victims.

Doc what I, and I suspect a few others are struggling with is the part about the woman's football coach and where it fits into the whole situation? 🤔 

If you could help with that part I feel it would go along way in putting the whole thing into focus. 👍 

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I’m struggling too but I’m guessing the point he’s trying to make is that, apparently, the women’s coach got pished, became emotional and spoke out of turn.

In other words, a coach acting improperly towards players in his/her care. So why do the BBC care in this instance but suppress a far bigger story where the conduct of a number of coaches was a million times more unacceptable?

Thats my best effort and if it’s not the point he’s making out, then I’m out.

Or, indeed, “extinct”.

:pipe:

That seems a good effort mate, and who am I to say you might be wrong or even right.  :happy:

Only the Doc really knows and I am sure he will get back to us all later to confirm what he was meaning. :pipe: