Barisic

Sparkle

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

You won’t buy anything negative that anybody says about him because you’ve always been a Barasic fanboy and when you are a fanboy of a player you won’t hear a bad word against them, even when the criticism is or was correct.

I don't buy in to the "shitebag" stuff because it's utter nonsense.  It took Barisic time to adapt to a different country, different teammates, different brand of football, etc.  Believe it or not it takes some players a bit of time to settle in.  A run of bad luck with injuries held back his performances and I can't imagine having the fans on his back helped him either.  Even when he scored that amazing free-kick against St.Mirren earlier in the season there was people on here calling his performance "pathetic".  The hatred directed towards him was completely unjustified at times.  Thankfully he's proved all his doubters wrong.  A brilliant player and there's absolutely nothing wrong with his mentality.  

23 minutes ago, TMB said:

I don't buy in to the "shitebag" stuff because it's utter nonsense.  It took Barisic time to adapt to a different country, different teammates, different brand of football, etc.  Believe it or not it takes some players a bit of time to settle in.  A run of bad luck with injuries held back his performances and I can't imagine having the fans on his back helped him either.  Even when he scored that amazing free-kick against St.Mirren earlier in the season there was people on here calling his performance "pathetic".  The hatred directed towards him was completely unjustified at times.  Thankfully he's proved all his doubters wrong.  A brilliant player and there's absolutely nothing wrong with his mentality.  

Regardless of why or what caused it, he was a shitebag last season. He hid in games and he wasn’t showing the heart for it. It’s irrelevant now but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

15 minutes ago, RobertN said:

Good to see him shooting in open play one of the few players we have that can put power and accuracy  into a shot

I expected more of that when we signed him as he scored against us from open play

Just shows you the leaps and bounds we've come on in a year. If we played that lot now, it'd be a 3/4-0 effort.

11 hours ago, Amokachi said:

Seeing him try to curve a right footer into the top corner was fabulous.  

He showed yesterday a bit more variety to his game in that he can also cut inside and shoot with his right foot. He also successful took his man on a few times. Both signs of his talent and increasing confidence.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Absolute nonsense.

Flanagan is our best left back.

I don't get it with the Flanagan abuse! Anytime he has played he has been decent, not making many mistakes.  When we have played Flanagan left back with Kent ahead of him I think our left side has looked really solid.  

No doubt he can't deliver the crosses that Barisic can but I would give him a run at right back because Tav hasnt been good enough this season.

1 hour ago, gersfc86 said:

I don't get it with the Flanagan abuse! Anytime he has played he has been decent, not making many mistakes.  When we have played Flanagan left back with Kent ahead of him I think our left side has looked really solid.  

No doubt he can't deliver the crosses that Barisic can but I would give him a run at right back because Tav hasnt been good enough this season.

lol

this post deserves a fucking ban

His ability has never been in doubt, it was his mentality. He looked scared and unsettled last season. But he’s not the first and won’t the last player to struggle with a move to a new country and culture, and with the step up to playing for a club like ours. He looks a completely different player  this season, strong in the tackle, reads the game really well, confident on the ball, going forward, and his delivery is bordering on world class. A proper footballer. 

Archived