*****Official Sheep v Rangers thread *****

1 minute ago, Jamie1387 said:

The gaffers got to take some of the blame tonight.

You have Goldson struggling the whole game should have brought Katic on for him. Im sure it was Katic that was playing poor against motherwell and got taken off early. You take off Arfield and bring on Ojo both a waste of a jersey. We took off Kent when we need a goal we also had Defoe and Stewart on the bench who have scored goals. I felt sorry for Flanagan out of the team for ages played at left back. We would have been better with Haliday at least thats his natrual side.

The line up needs to change and people need dropped but doubt it will happen. I hope this is the boot up the arse the players need before Sunday but again I doubt it. 

Stewart should have had some game time after 2 goals at the weekend imo. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

The soft goal making it 2-1 at that time was exactly what they needed. as you say, have them all the drive at that point. Then we start punting balls forward, which plays into their hands. We can't keep doing that.

The team just crashes and its no surprise when they see whats going on at the back. In the past our great defences always gave confidence to the rest of the team . We also had a captain who was a quality player who had a fuckin temper and swagger about him , who wasnt scared to yell at anyone on the park. Tavernier is a joke of a captain and the sooner its given to Jack the better.........

Meltdown is getting a bit much

It's a draw at Pittodrie, it's extremely disappointing but we've had a fantastic start to the season overall all things considered. There's 2 points in it and a long way to go.

Focus turns to Sunday. 

The problem we have now is this could now be too late to change the defence for Sunday.  Its been rotten for weeks but to change it with 4 days to go until the cup final In normal circumstances would be madness.

This should have been addressed weeks ago.

Oh Fuck know I just don't know what to think if im honest.

Horrible horrible night all round.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Cosgrove being allowed 5 fouls before being booked and the penalty when Morelos was brought down on the edge of the box (the ref was like a metre away) Pathetic refereeing.

We should be winning regardless but these things can't be ignored to the point of pretending they don't affect the game. 2 of their goals come from him causing mayhem in our box.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

We won't play a much poorer Aberdeen team at Pittodrie and we fuckin ballsed it.  Had to be taking full points from that garbage.

They weren't so poor after their first goal though, and they were even more buoyed by the second. The way we dealt with it is my worry

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Unless Hearts can do something, we are likely going to be at least 5 points behind them(with a game in hand) come 29th. A defeat in that scenario is horrific.

Here's one for ye. Why aren't we playing our game in hand at the same time as the orks? Surely wasn't our decision

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Played some of our best football of the season in the first half and our worst football of the season in the second.

Two defensive errors and genuinely one of the worst refereeing performances i've ever seen, cost us here.

I don’t think the ref was as bad as some games. Bar giving a free kick when it should have been a penalty, when he’s staring straight at it five yards away.

1 minute ago, crabbit247 said:

If we're all honest, he's needed a "rest" for a while. Far too many stupid mistakes. And this fucking around at the back. Who the fuck does he think he is 

He thinks he’s amazing on the ball when the reality is scarily different 

3 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Blaming the referee is taig like, we threw it away. We were unlucky not to get a penalty but we shouldn't be relying on referees making the right decisions all the time.

Where did I blame the referee?   Is pointing out obvious glaring errors by the referee wrong?

Just now, crabbit247 said:

If we're all honest, he's needed a "rest" for a while. Far too many stupid mistakes. And this fucking around at the back. Who the fuck does he think he is 

Agreed. I do think Goldson is a good player but Gerrard's insistence on playing him in every single game will be costly.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This is the angriest I’ve been at a result since the cup final against Hibs.

Ridiculous result mate, such a fucking kick to the stones man, thought we were gonna go on and absolutely pump them, we should have absolutely pumped them.

Flanagan maybe an old fashioned, average full back but people blaming him are so wrong. Goldson's worse game in a Rangers shirt and Kent at fault on the second goal.

Also, not making a sub until 75 min when clearly things were not working was strange. And the Ojo experiment needs binned. Defoe was raging on the bench. Sometimes Gerrard's subs are strange. As for bringing on Katic to win a Hail Mary - why not!

4 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Yeah, we need the defense overhauled. It's just now working. I know Barasic wasn't playing today but the critical positions were the CBs. I've never liked Goldson, and I've found Helander difficult to like at times because he is slow and puts himself under pressure. Time we gave Katic and Edmundson a go. If it stays the way it is, I really fear we will win absolutely nothing this season.

I don't give a shit if they lump the ball up the park, at least it's away from our goals - something Goldson and Helander don't seem to understand. But, if they're under orders by Gerrard to play the ball out at all times - then he's very fucking naive and still doesn't get Scottish football. 

I’m no interested in the playing out from back tbh i’m more concerned that they can’t defend basic lumps into the box, balls into the channels and both lack pace.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

It’s their first big test in the league all season so aye they are bottle merchants. 

Like I fucking said if you genuinely think that our minds wandered to Sunday then it’s clearly a fucking mentality issue. 

Tarriers have just scored 70 seconds after conceding, was thier mind on Sunday? 

We fucking shat it, again

:lol: First big test. Every fucking game we play away from home that isn't against relegation fodder is our "biggest game of the season".

We sure bottled it in Holland didn't we.

Geez peace.

14 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Absolute fucking idiots. Utter idiots.

We throw away 2 goals and have 40 odd minutes to get one. The filth lose an equaliser in the 90th minute then score 1 minute later. That’s the difference, sadly.

Sums it up sadly.

Archived